Rugby

Kid Dynamite

Gary Hetherington Leeds Rhinos dawg has come out and said he wants Sam Burgess. Very unlike Hetherington to come out like that.

Souths dont have any movement in their wage for next season so it could be a deal where Leeds have him for a season and then he goes back to Oz. He (Burgess) has apparently told a few RL friends his career in RU is over.

SLUYm.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah shitty news. I imagine it comes as a relief when you've been ill for that long and a transplant has stopped working. Awful for his wife and kids.

I'm not much of a rugby fan either, but I can vividly remember him tearing past England players and having blokes hanging off him while he just kept powering forward like he was superhuman.

Rarely pop my head in here so started a Yes Gemmill thread for JL.

Echo what Gloomy said, despite knowing sweet fuck all about Rugby, I knew about Lomu and his impact (no pun intended) on the sport.

• 3 months later...

Right, so I got a corporate hospitality ticket for the match on Saturday. @@Ant I need some lines to drop into conversation to make it look like I know what I'm talking about. Also, how many points for over the bar and how many for a touch down?

Right, so I got a corporate hospitality ticket for the match on Saturday. @@Ant I need some lines to drop into conversation to make it look like I know what I'm talking about. Also, how many points for over the bar and how many for a touch down?

Ask someone "which ones the quarterback"

I dare you to stand up and shout "TOUCHDOWN!" for the first try scored.

Shout "END ZONE BABY!" with a straight face and I'll ship a tenner to your PayPal account.

:lol:

Given that I'm in the posh seats I could probably get away with it. Then again given that it's a rugby match they're all posh seats.

I used to like rugby and played it as a kid until football took over. I actively started disliking it when I went to uni. The amount of bellends in pink chinos, brown loafers and a polo with the collar up put me right off.