The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I think it was a good idea, or even one that should be considered to be a possible solution, but I think Pardew was mindful of our lack of height at set pieces and played Shola in Ben Arfa's place to combat that.

Worked quite well I thought... Until it didn't. ;)

Edit: Safety wink added due to an angry Parky.

Edited by toonotl

Not that I think it was a good idea, or even one that should be considered to be a possible solution, but I think Pardew was mindful of our lack of height at set pieces and played Shola in Ben Arfa's place to combat that.

Worked quite well I thought... Until it didn't. ;)

Edit: Safety wink added due to an angry Parky.

plus, shola is a player who comes back to lend a hand - whereas Ben Arfa is really weak on the defensive end, if he comes back to begin with at all.

Not having him in from the start was wrong, I thought, but at least made some sense.

For him to have never come on especially either at half time or as soon as we made it 3-2 was just insane.

Not having him in from the start was wrong, I thought, but at least made some sense.

For him to have never come on especially either at half time or as soon as we made it 3-2 was just insane.

Yup. Bemusing. Pardew is usually half-decent with his subs, much better than Hughton was at least.

If this goes on, he is better off elsewhere. Not getting a start in this pathetic newcastle side is just beyond a joke. Better ply his trade somewhere its more appreciated. From his point of view of cource.

For us fans, it would be a tragedy.

Only Pards can know why Bafra didn't start. It's a long season and we're still a fit defender or two away from picking up results again with Bafra chipping in with some awesome performances.

[/desperately looking on the bright side]

Ideally of course he's a classic number 10. But he's also played on the wing at all his other clubs and the national team.

For Pardew to stick to his guns this much even when it would probably help the team to play him on the wing is so frustrating. The time is now for Ben Arfa. He's worked hard to get fit again and that we're still saying he needs time to get match fit is crazy. He should be out there given a chance to rip it up every game.

If he doesn't start the next game we could hear the first cracks of the camel's back.

He's done absolutely nowt to warrant playing. Shola was good again today.

Fuck right off.

Oooh that's constructive.

What's he done to suggest he should have played today, other than the hype, because I must have missed it.

He's a luxury player, the heart of the team at the back has been torn out by injury, we had no height. Shola had to play today, in those circumstances, the luxury doesn't cut it. If we'd been at full strength (or even just missing one CB) he likely would have played, otherwise Pardew is spot on.

It's beyond insanity. I'm lost for words. Against Norwich ffs...At the bare minimum should have on at half time in place of melonheed.

He's done absolutely nowt to warrant playing. Shola was good again today.

Fuck right off.

Oooh that's constructive.

What's he done to suggest he should have played today, other than the hype, because I must have missed it.

He's a luxury player, the heart of the team at the back has been torn out by injury, we had no height. Shola had to play today, in those circumstances, the luxury doesn't cut it. If we'd been at full strength (or even just missing one CB) he likely would have played, otherwise Pardew is spot on.

I hope to god he leaves. I'm sick of reading this sort of shit.