The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that might be why he is not given playing time. Pardew doesnt see him as a winger, probably reckons he is not enough of a workhorse to warrant a place in central mid, which only leaves him with a trequartista-role behind Ba. Which is were most fans would like to see him anyway I guess?

But Best seems to be in front of him in the queue, and when Vukcic and Sammy also is in front of him - thats where the dispositions fall outside of my sphere of logic :unsure2:

I think you're getting carried away LBT, he wasn't brought on when we were battering a side playing a certain way. It's one game. If PArdew doesn't play him consistently (now that he should be close to match fit), then you can start with your conspiracy theories.

Or it could be that Pardew - you know - doesnt feel like he fits into his 4-4-2 system. Which we dont have the wingers to execute well anyway in my humble opinion.

Donning my tin hat.

Also agree. On both points, Ben arfa, whilst he can play as a winger, and did before he came to us at times, plays much better in the hole between the midfield and attack, which doesn't work with a traditional 442. However, Ba plays much better, or seems to when he plays with Best or Shola- ie a more physical striking partner. The only way I can see Arfa slotting in is if Pardew changes the formations that he seems set on retaining.

We need wingers who can deliver a good ball consistently as well, something neither Jonas or Obertan seem to be able to do and that Arfa can do. Very much a wait and see to find out how it'll all fit together.

At certain times yesterday i felt a bit like having both Best and Ba up front was a bit of a double-up though... they seemed very similar and even went on the same runs.. One thing is Ba playing better with Best or Shola, I can understand that argument. But having them on just because Ba plays better with them is one thing, another question that needs to be asked is if they are good enough themselves to warrant a start over a potential world class player which we know Ben arfa could turn out to be.

Yeah, I would say that individually they don't warrant a start ahead of ben arfa, but with Ba because of what they bring to the table when playing with him they do deserve a start. Ba looks as though he feels like he doesn't need to drop back as much when he plays with one of the two, which in turn leaves him in more advanced positions. Once again, just a training ground issue with the runs, something that needs to be ironed out by Pardew. They both bring an aerial threat in both attack and defence which ben arfa does not as well. Which is much more vital with Taylor out.

I think Arfa needs to stop being idolised as a player who's going to tear apart a team when he comes on. It's not always going to be that simple. It's very simple for teams to take him out of the game, which we saw vs Chelsea with Romeou dropping in between the defence and midfield to track him which pretty much took him out of the game. I think he's a special player, but he's talked about like he's the worlds best by some.

Nah mate I dont think anyone on here is viewing him as the second coming of Messi :lol:

What some - including myself - think though, is that here we have a player who is potentially a class above everyone else in the team - but in order for him to develop, we need to play him enough so that he gets back into his stride. I just view him as more talented than our other options, thats why I want him on.

Nah mate I dont think anyone on here is viewing him as the second coming of Messi :lol:

What some - including myself - think though, is that here we have a player who is potentially a class above everyone else in the team - but in order for him to develop, we need to play him enough so that he gets back into his stride. I just view him as more talented than our other options, thats why I want him on.

If he's acting the cunt better to maintain the discipline for the rest of the squad. I fear pardoo doesn't quite have the man management chops of bobby Robson and this could get nasty.

Hm, yeah maybe saying that was a bit far, and I'm not saying that I don't think he's excellent. I just don't think in the games that he's played so far this season that he's really warranted the class above tag. I think that on his day he's unplayable, but he's not hit his stride yet this season, and I hope pardew gives him a run so that he can get something going.

I can't see pardew wanting to put him on the wing as he's hardly going to cover simpson at all, which whilst obertan doesn't do much of, he makes an attempt at it. I don't know, just with our current system I can't see Ben arfa fitting in anywhere, hopefully he'll get a run out on wednesday and show what he can do.

If he's acting the cunt better to maintain the discipline for the rest of the squad. I fear pardoo doesn't quite have the man management chops of bobby Robson and this could get nasty.

I think this may have something to do with him not getting on, would add up. I hope not though.

I think this may have something to do with him not getting on, would add up. I hope not though.

Said elsewhere its chicken and egg, but he has no excuse for an unprofessional attitude, pardew doesn't need an excuse.

Hm, yeah maybe saying that was a bit far, and I'm not saying that I don't think he's excellent. I just don't think in the games that he's played so far this season that he's really warranted the class above tag. I think that on his day he's unplayable, but he's not hit his stride yet this season, and I hope pardew gives him a run so that he can get something going.

I can't see pardew wanting to put him on the wing as he's hardly going to cover simpson at all, which whilst obertan doesn't do much of, he makes an attempt at it. I don't know, just with our current system I can't see Ben arfa fitting in anywhere, hopefully he'll get a run out on wednesday and show what he can do.

I reckon this is what pardew feels as well, but our system has hardly been successful with 2 points in the last 5 matches. Maybe shuffle players around a bit and inject a bit of fresh blood... Obertan has to be dropped. Best looked invicible as well. Thats two positions Id rather give to barfa.

Said elsewhere its chicken and egg, but he has no excuse for an unprofessional attitude, pardew doesn't need an excuse.

I agree with this, but even though I dont condone it, seeing Best and Obertan starting in front of him for no appearent reason week in and week out must be rather discouraging and frustrating.

I reckon this is what pardew feels as well, but our system has hardly been successful with 2 points in the last 5 matches. Maybe shuffle players around a bit and inject a bit of fresh blood... Obertan has to be dropped. Best looked invicible as well. Thats two positions Id rather give to barfa.

How would you get that to work then? Without getting into a deano-esque formation bonanza, I don't think when we had ben arfa playing up top with Ba that it worked all that well, though considering who we played that would make sense. We have ba who plays better alongside a physical player, so you'd have to try to shoe horn ben arfa in somewhere else. Ben Arfa for Obertan seems the only option.

On the whole Ben Arfa playing up, seeing players who are obviously worse than him must be getting on his tits, could see him looking pissed off at the start of the game in his nufc beanie on the weekend. He's just got to get his head down and take his chance when he gets it.

Of course that's what we all hope to see all the technical qualities of HBA against Man City and United he showed us his talent against WBA then there's no reason it is not decisive

Of course that's what we all hope to see all the technical qualities of HBA against Man City and United he showed us his talent against WBA then there's no reason it is not decisive

Ben Afra était mon joueur français préféré même avant qu'il est venu à Newcastle. Mais gardez ceci un secret.;)

this...

Ben Afra était mon joueur français préféré même avant qu'il est venu à Newcastle. Mais gardez ceci un secret. ;)

You speak French very well, my friend :jonas:

Ben Afra était mon joueur français préféré même avant qu'il est venu à Newcastle. Mais gardez ceci un secret. ;)

You speak French very well, my friend :jonas:

Si vous savez votre histoire vous comprendrez qu'amour de Geordies bon attaquant le football et avez eu de bonnes expériences avec Ginola et Robert. :)

I believe that was about a 100% google translation, Lifey :P

I piss on google translations. ;)

a good sign of a google translation is when backwards engineering the foreign text turns out to be just perfect english.