The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd start with him every game he's available, he's a moody cunt and sometimes goes missing in games but has that creative spark that can win games. Whether it be a goal, an assist or a touch of class that carves open a team he has something essential that any team needs.

People used to fucking slate Robert but his contribution was colossal because he possessed that creative genius that gave the team an edge.

That was pretty much the mail concerning Robert, at least the scouting report card that was handed to Robson. Left-foot ball-striking that was absolutely top-drawer, with the creative streak to match, but he needed to be carefully man-managed (or even a longer leash that is normally afforded to others).

What he brought on to the pitch (ie. creative genius, finally a left-side threat to compliment Solano, and with it left-to-right balance across the midfield line, as we were lop-sided prior to him signing) by far outweighed the negatives. His temperament aside, more so his aloofness on the pitch, and the fact that he didn't have the defensive technique & willingness to attack the ball in the challenge & the 50/50's, that aforemtenioned creative and what he contributed to the team's overall attacking threat was a fair trade off. Souness was unable to accept either negative aspect of Robert's make-up, there was no room for compromise based on his self-styles 'proper footballer' idealogy, and this was to the detriment of the team/results.

I hope that HBA's rehabilitation/return from injury is the overriding factor for his fleeting 1st team appearances at the moment, and that it's not down to a Souness-like inability, potentially on Pardew's part, to manage enigmas that do have a touch of genius about them.

Edited by Dolly Potter MD

I'd start with him every game he's available, he's a moody cunt and sometimes goes missing in games but has that creative spark that can win games. Whether it be a goal, an assist or a touch of class that carves open a team he has something essential that any team needs.

People used to fucking slate Robert but his contribution was colossal because he possessed that creative genius that gave the team an edge.

That was pretty much the mail concerning Robert, at least the scouting report card that was handed to Robson. Left-foot ball-striking that was absolutely top-drawer, with the creative streak to match, but he needed to be carefully man-managed (or even a longer leash that is normally afforded to others).

What he brought on to the pitch (ie. creative genius, finally a left-side threat to compliment Solano, and with it left-to-right balance across the midfield line, as we were lop-sided prior to him signing) by far outweighed the negatives. His temperament aside, more so his aloofness on the pitch, and the fact that he didn't have the defensive technique & willingness to attack the ball in the challenge & the 50/50's, that aforemtenioned creative and what he contributed to the team's overall attacking threat was a fair trade off. Souness was unable to accept either negative aspect of Robert's make-up, there was no room for compromise based on his self-styles 'proper footballer' idealogy, and this was to the detriment of the team/results.

I hope that HBA's rehabilitation/return from injury is the overriding factor for his fleeting 1st team appearances at the moment, and that it's not down to a Souness-like inability, potentially on Pardew's part, to manage enigmas that do have a touch of genius about them.

Pards is all about the moneyball my sources tell me.

Hello friend of Newcastle and Merry Christmas and best wishes

I'm new on this forum and sorry for not being able to speak only through Google translation to English for my resume as a word

I'm a fan of Ben Arfa and I followed him for a momment and I think he's finding the right club to express the full extent of his talent.

I read your post I found some very relevant. I ask them to be more patient. Besides, I wanted to pay tribute to the support that you have given during his convalescence for when he will find all of my abilities, you will find 2 weeks too long between NUFC match.

I do not this post if it was previously

http://enigme-hba.blogspot.com/

sorry the text is in french.

This might be used to better understand what happened in Marseille.

Edited by BENNY fan of paris

Welcome to the Board :)

Don't worry about your english, as long as we can kind of make it out that's fine!

I fixed your post a bit for you, if you use this icon post-5281-0-76130100-1325159447.jpg on the little bar above for plain text, it'll make sure it pastes your text in a bit more formatted ;)

Bienvenue sur le tableau:)

Ne vous inquiétez pas pour votre anglais, aussi longtemps que nous ne pouvons sorte de s'en sortir c'est bien!

J'ai corrigé votre post un peu pour vous, si vous utilisez cette icône post-5281-0-76130100-1325159447.jpg sur la barre de peu au-dessus du texte brut, il va s'assurer qu'il colle votre texte dans un peu plus formaté ;)

thank you friend :up:

the hospitality of a fan of Newcastle is not a legend

HATEM Ben Arfa’s game-changing contribution might have turned the tide at Bolton, but he still has a way to go to convince Alan Pardew.

Newcastle United’s manager was thankful for Ben Arfa’s critical goal at the Reebok but he is not buying talk that the mercurial Parisian was the star of the show in the North West.

Ben Arfa has become a cause celebre for some, who believe his phenomenal talent is too good to leave on the bench. But for Pardew it remains a case of being patient with the forward as he continues to build sharpness after months spent on the sidelines with a serious injury. And that may mean another run-out for hard-working Leon Best at Anfield, where Newcastle will need all hands on deck to end nearly two decades of Merseyside misery.

“He did really well? He scored. Hatem is a player that is looking to get back to his best. I still don't think he is there yet,” he said.

“I am not surprised after the injury he had. But that first goal will have helped his confidence. That bodes well, especially with Demba going away.”

The loss of Ba towards the end of January will be a significant blow for United, who have been reliant on the striker for goals since the Senegal international overcame his slow start to the season. He now sits below only Robin Van Persie and Sergio Aguero in the top flight’s top marksmen list but Pardew is not at all surprised by the impact he has had since his Tyneside switch.

“I'm not surprised by Ba's record. You look at it and think 'wow' that's fantastic,” he said.

“But I am not surprised by anything he has done. I always thought he was a good player. Last year he played out of position sometimes, in a wide area for West Ham and still did a job.

“You have to admire the way he is as a person to deliver the best he can in whatever position he is in.”

How come with other players, like Loven, Obertan and Perch, they get 'they were fantastic for us, done a real good job' and HBA is getting this shit?

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Take Newcastle's Boxing Day win over Bolton for example. One minute, more than 4,000 travelling supporters were lauding the Frenchman for the clinical strike that set up a deserved 2-0 win. The next, his manager, Alan Pardew, was berating him for tamely conceding possession to Chris Eagles and then failing to track the Bolton substitute back towards Newcastle's penalty area.

There, in a nutshell, was the equation that needs weighing up. Do you accept the 24-year-old's defensive limitations in order to maximise your side's attacking threat, or is it better to limit your attacking ambitions in order to guarantee some midfield protection in front of the back four?

For most of the current campaign, Pardew has adopted the latter approach, restricting Ben Arfa to just three Premier League starts and six substitute appearances. Yes, the winger missed the whole of pre-season as he completed his recovery from a double leg break. But for all that Pardew continues to talk of the lingering effects of Ben Arfa's injury, it is impossible not to feel that the manager's pleadings are something of a smokescreen for an understandable distrust of his most volatile player's individualism.

(...)

Speak to the rest of the Newcastle squad, though, and their respect for Ben Arfa's talents is obvious. “He's just about impossible to train against,” said Mike Williamson. “You just have to drop off if you can because if you get too close to him, he'll embarrass you.”

Gabriel Obertan was even more effusive, claiming Ben Arfa's perceived weaknesses were generally overplayed and denying that his compatriot put in less physical effort than his team-mates.

“Hatem is a great player and a great talent,” said Obertan. “I can understand why he can sometimes be frustrating because he looks as though he is not giving everything he has. Knowing him like I do though, that is not the case.

“He is a hard worker, it is just that the way he is and the way he plays sometimes makes it look as though he is not trying as hard as some other players. As a squad, we all know what a great talent he is. If he keeps working hard and giving his all in training, he is going to be a really big hit for this team.

“Some people criticise him for what he cannot do, but we know he is a player who is capable of unlocking situations and that is a great skill to have. In a game like the one at Bolton, it was always going to take something special to break them down. It was hard to find a gap, but Hatem did it.”

Im actually feeling physically sick we are not playing him.

HATEM Ben Arfa’s game-changing contribution might have turned the tide at Bolton, but he still has a way to go to convince Alan Pardew.

Newcastle United’s manager was thankful for Ben Arfa’s critical goal at the Reebok but he is not buying talk that the mercurial Parisian was the star of the show in the North West.

Ben Arfa has become a cause celebre for some, who believe his phenomenal talent is too good to leave on the bench. But for Pardew it remains a case of being patient with the forward as he continues to build sharpness after months spent on the sidelines with a serious injury. And that may mean another run-out for hard-working Leon Best at Anfield, where Newcastle will need all hands on deck to end nearly two decades of Merseyside misery.

“He did really well? He scored. Hatem is a player that is looking to get back to his best. I still don't think he is there yet,” he said.

“I am not surprised after the injury he had. But that first goal will have helped his confidence. That bodes well, especially with Demba going away.”

The loss of Ba towards the end of January will be a significant blow for United, who have been reliant on the striker for goals since the Senegal international overcame his slow start to the season. He now sits below only Robin Van Persie and Sergio Aguero in the top flight’s top marksmen list but Pardew is not at all surprised by the impact he has had since his Tyneside switch.

“I'm not surprised by Ba's record. You look at it and think 'wow' that's fantastic,” he said.

“But I am not surprised by anything he has done. I always thought he was a good player. Last year he played out of position sometimes, in a wide area for West Ham and still did a job.

“You have to admire the way he is as a person to deliver the best he can in whatever position he is in.”

How come with other players, like Loven, Obertan and Perch, they get 'they were fantastic for us, done a real good job' and HBA is getting this shit?

Different players require different treatment. If Pardew thinks Ben Arfa's head will get too big and he'll stop improving, then he's going to keep challenging him to do better. It's all relative.

He isnt big-headed, just concious of his talent. By Williamsons quote this is a guy who dribbles everyone on their ass in training and still barely make the bench.

Man management aye :lol:

This will probably end in tears if pardew goes on like this.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Let's not go around pretending we know players inside-out because of a few quotes. Ben Arfa is clearly an arrogant, little fuck. He'll be starting every game soon enough.

To be fair he can afford his arrogance, unlike others!

There's nothing wrong with being arrogant, but if Pardew thinks Ben Arfa has more to show and the best way to get it out of him is by constantly challenging him to improve, then that will be why he isn't starting. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he's in a better position to make that call than we are.

He isnt big-headed, just concious of his talent. By Williamsons quote this is a guy who dribbles everyone on their ass in training and still barely make the bench.

Man management aye :lol:

This will probably end in tears if pardew goes on like this.

Thats not true is it?

There's nothing wrong with being arrogant, but if Pardew thinks Ben Arfa has more to show and the best way to get it out of him is by constantly challenging him to improve, then that will be why he isn't starting. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he's in a better position to make that call than we are.

this kind of method does not work with him

You had to see in Marseille

it is the confidence of his coach and play time