The No. 10.

Park Life

He went with the two big men to play off ManUtd's defensive weaknesses. Pardew deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt, I seem to be in the minority on that score though.

Exactly. People want Ben Arfa to play because of reputation, goal against Everton and the idea that one player will be good enough to pick apart any side. Pardew got it perfect on Wednesday, as he has done a fair bit this season.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went with the two big men to play off ManUtd's defensive weaknesses. Pardew deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt, I seem to be in the minority on that score though.

Exactly. People want Ben Arfa to play because of reputation, goal against Everton and the idea that one player will be good enough to pick apart any side. Pardew got it perfect on Wednesday, as he has done a fair bit this season.

He obviously got it right this time, no question about it, but still inconsistent until future results prove otherwise... that means adapting his tactics and utilizing the players at his hand better towards ALL teams, not just stick with something because it worked against a specific team.

But I give him credit for this one, it shows he has improved a lot.

Edited by Aeris

Improved from what :lol: Its the EXACT same setup he has played for the past 8 matches. Yet for some reason every player was on fire for this match, and it worked.

From a phychological point of view he has obviously done something that worked, tactically it looked identical to previous matches.

Credit where its due though: Biggest win I`ve ever experienced as a fan.

Improved from what :lol: Its the EXACT same setup he has played for the past 8 matches. Yet for some reason every player was on fire for this match, and it worked.

From a phychological point of view he has obviously done something that worked, tactically it looked identical to previous matches.

How is it possible you are this stupid? I've decided you're not, its just a piss take.

How is it possible you are this stupid? I've decided you're not, its just a piss take.

Oh, it's possible all right: malformation of the frontal lobes; a few bangs on the head during infancy; early life spent being beaten with a pipe in a cellar by a man in a Pardew mask. It all takes its toll.

Pardew also hailed both his side's goals, but particularly Ben Arfa's strike - which he feels is the greatest goal he has ever seen live.

"It is technically the greatest goal I have ever seen, you can smash them in from 40 yards but to score a goal like that you have to be a special talent and it was an unbelievable goal and I am really pleased for Hatem," he said.

"He showed today that hopefully Demba Ba won't be as missed as we thought.

"We play a high energy game and he is trying to fit into that and there is a balance there.

"Hatem has to understand it is about the tem and where we think he is best, but his talent was there for everyone to see today.

"He is doing everything in his power to make himself a success here and that is great for us."

apart from the goal which is one of the greatest things I've seen at sjp, he was getting a lot of grief from the crowd for holding onto the ball too much when he got it...when he gets a goal like that its more than worth him losing possession a few times, but he'll get a goal like that one in ten so you can still see why it's difficult for Pardew.

apart from the goal which is one of the greatest things I've seen at sjp, he was getting a lot of grief from the crowd for holding onto the ball too much when he got it...when he gets a goal like that its more than worth him losing possession a few times, but he'll get a goal like that one in ten so you can still see why it's difficult for Pardew.

Describe the goal for us. :):lol:

The people on Man Utd forums are saying that if we keep the team together and make 2 or 3 good signings we can achieve anything. Might be OTT slightly but we can certainly compete with Arsenal and Liverpool next season if this happens in my view.

I don't think that's too far fetched. Four for me to really compete with a fantastic first 11

Krul

New Taylor Coloccini Santon

New Tiote Cabaye New

M

Ba New

Id say ur right but id include a fit ben arfa in there. Maybe ive been watching the highlights of the everton game too much, but boy did he look class. Every time he touched the ball he would skin about 3 everton players. A performance that was down to pure ability.

:D

i dont like to say i told you so, but i told you so. this was just before the rovers game. But guys, doesnt feel good to be a Newcastle supporter. Havent felt this good for some time. Long may it continue!

Describe the goal for us. :):lol:

Classic HF.

The people on Man Utd forums are saying that if we keep the team together and make 2 or 3 good signings we can achieve anything. Might be OTT slightly but we can certainly compete with Arsenal and Liverpool next season if this happens in my view.

I don't think that's too far fetched. Four for me to really compete with a fantastic first 11

Krul

New Taylor Coloccini Santon

New Tiote Cabaye New

M

Ba New

Id say ur right but id include a fit ben arfa in there. Maybe ive been watching the highlights of the everton game too much, but boy did he look class. Every time he touched the ball he would skin about 3 everton players. A performance that was down to pure ability.

:D

i dont like to say i told you so, but i told you so. this was just before the rovers game. But guys, doesnt feel good to be a Newcastle supporter. Havent felt this good for some time. Long may it continue!

there we have it. CT, why you hate Ben arfa so much!!