The No. 10.

Park Life

bit of scrambling there to get a videos worth of clips of him doing things

:lol: what? HBA is performing at about 65% there and he still contributes more during a match than certain other players in our squad do. When HBA performs to his full capability he is capable of providing either the goals or the creativity needed to win games.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what? HBA is performing at about 65% there and he still contributes more during a match than certain other players in our squad do. When HBA performs to his full capability he is capable of providing either the goals or the creativity needed to win games.

I said nothing that conflicts with your post at all, all I said was that there was a bit of a scramble to get enough from that ones match worth making a video from

We didn't play that well and won 1-0 whether he is capable of more than anyone on our team is irrelevent, none of our team was worth a video from that match.

The one he laid on for Best was superb.

Aye shame Best couldn't make more of it!

See HBA is guaranteed to do that at least once a game, and a competent striker would finish it, Ba would've, it's just outside of Ba our strikers are just shite

To be fair Best scores goals when he plays in the main strikers role.

what? HBA is performing at about 65% there and he still contributes more during a match than certain other players in our squad do. When HBA performs to his full capability he is capable of providing either the goals or the creativity needed to win games.

I said nothing that conflicts with your post at all, all I said was that there was a bit of a scramble to get enough from that ones match worth making a video from

We didn't play that well and won 1-0 whether he is capable of more than anyone on our team is irrelevent, none of our team was worth a video from that match.

That's just a product of the internet, people make videos of every game Messi plays, someone even compiled every touch Obertan had during Man U's preseason. It wasn't a great video.

That's just a product of the internet, people make videos of every game Messi plays, someone even compiled every touch Obertan had during Man U's preseason. It wasn't a great video.

Was it Pards??

so what was your problem with my original post in the first place?

so what was your problem with my original post in the first place?

I don't have problems, I solve problems. Problem solved.

The one he laid on for Best was superb.

The clip from about 3 minutes in, encapsulates what HBA brings, for me. Receives the ball, and his immediate thought is attack, drives at and commits defenders, nice touches and a good change of pace to give him that extra half a yard so he can slide a lovely ball through.

Get Ba feeding of those balls (and those from Cabaye) and he'll score even more than he has been. Get another striker of worth in January and we could cement 6th spot imo.

Ben Arfa urged to follow in Ronaldo’s footsteps

HATEM Ben Arfa has the ability to become a “legend” at Newcastle United – if he backs up his talent with hard graft.

That’s the verdict of manager Alan Pardew, who could hand the Frenchman a start at Fulham on Saturday.

Pardew was impressed with the explosive forward when he came off the bench in last weekend’s win 1-0 over Queens Park Rangers, the club’s third successive victory.

Ben Arfa was sidelined for most of last season with the horrific double leg break he suffered under a crude challenge from Manchester City’s Nigel de Jong, and as a result, he’s still getting used to the demands of the Premier League.

Cristiano Ronaldo took time to adjust to the division after his move to Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon, but went on to become one of the most feared wingers in European football. And Pardew’s hopeful Ben Arfa, signed from Marseille last season, can start to deliver week in, week out over the coming season.

“There are players who have become legends in this country – Ronaldo, for example – who have taken their time to understand what this division’s about,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“He’s been injured for a year – people forget that.

“We’ve got to make sure we get that talent on the pitch more than we’re getting it at the minute.

“He’s given us another option, and it’s something we’ll be looking at.”

Ben Arfa had scored a stunning goal against Blackburn Rovers in the previous game, but that strike wasn’t enough to earn him a starting place against Fulham.

However, an injury to midfielder Yohan Cabaye saw him come off the bench in the first-half, and having upped his workrate, the 24-year-old’s pushing for a start at Craven Cottage.

“The challenge is for Hatem to get in this team,” Pardew added. “His energy and his workrate needs to improve – I make no bones about that.

“The (Blackburn) goal will do him no harm at all. As good a player as he is, he still needs confidence, and goals.

“He scored at Bolton, and he scored against Blackburn here in another cameo.”

miles.starforth@northeast-press.co.uk

I think Ben Arfa and Pardew's relationship is like in that film, Good Will Hunting. Pardew is the Robin Williams psychoanalyst and HBA is Matt Damon. HBA is sad because his daddy never loved him (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/16/hatem-ben-arfa-father-love?newsfeed=true) and he can't get into the team. Pardew will embrace him saying, "It's not your fault, it's not your fault."

apart from the goal which is one of the greatest things I've seen at sjp, he was getting a lot of grief from the crowd for holding onto the ball too much when he got it...when he gets a goal like that its more than worth him losing possession a few times, but he'll get a goal like that one in ten so you can still see why it's difficult for Pardew.

Since the Blackburn game, there have been two more games involving Newcastle, and Ben Arfa has scored and got an assist in that time playing for us. I think YOU will find that TWO games is less than TEN games, and that in actual fact, Ben Arfa, who is by far our best player, will not get a goal like that one in ten, but in MUCH less than one in ten. In light of these FACTS, I'd like to think that YOU, a so-called statistician, would be so ASHAMED of yourself, that YOU will build an effigy of Ben Arfa and get on your knees and lick its bloody toes. And THAT is taking it easy on YOU.

I think Ben Arfa and Pardew's relationship is like in that film, Good Will Hunting. Pardew is the Robin Williams psychoanalyst and HBA is Matt Damon. HBA is sad because his daddy never loved him (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/16/hatem-ben-arfa-father-love?newsfeed=true) and he can't get into the team. Pardew will embrace him saying, "It's not your fault, it's not your fault."

That made me chuckle. But i bet its not too far from the truth.