The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“It is normal to have a great team in Paris,”

“It’s a great city and wasn’t logical that there was not a great club there.

“Now we'll see, but I think there are many players who will not come because it’s the French championship - look at Tevez.

“Even with the Champions League. There will need to be least two or three other clubs at the same level or I think the stars will struggle to come.”

“For me, it's different, I am French so it’s not the same as it is the championship of France. It’s not the same relationship for Tevez.

“It is as if, with all due respect, I was told to go to a big club in Switzerland, I would not go.”

"You never know what will happen tomorrow, I do not know [PSG coach Carlo] Ancelotti too well.”

Blatantly angling for a move.

Source: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/25/goalkeeper-fraser-forster-set-to-join-celtic-72703-30193599/2/

Meanwhile, United star Hatem Ben Arfa was given permission not to attend this week's training camp in Tenerife.

The player was invited by the French FA to make the draw for the last 16 of the French Cup.

But Ben Arfa is expected to link up with United again tomorrow.

A summary of his performance against Fulham.

Hatem Ben Arfa

“He [ben Arfa] needs to put in more effort for this team. He doesn’t have to be less maverick. That is his strength. What we do need from him is discipline.”

This season, Pardew has been hesitant about introducing Ben Arfa into the starting line up, alluding that his lack of defensive qualities and being able to keep the ball one of his downfalls.

In this game, you could see both sides of the coin.

Other than Tim Krul, he had the poorest pass completion rate (62%) and lost out in more than half of his ground duels (8/19). He lost possession of the ball more times out of all the Newcastle players (25 times, next highest Krul 20, Santon 17) and was dispossessed more times than any player on the pitch (9). With his skill and trickery, Ben Arfa does like to carry the ball, rather than pass it, sometimes taking on a man too many and losing the ball cheaply – something that Pardew is nervous about, as he adopts the safety-first approach first.

However, he is one of the few Newcastle players that can produce a piece of magic from nothing at all.

Offensively, he gives Newcastle a lot of options, as shown by his goal and his assist for Danny Guthrie’s goal. He attempted 5 dribbles on Saturday and was successful in all 5. The previous week, he was influential in creating the chance for Leon Best’s winning goal against QPR and his FA Cup goal against Blackburn underlined his offensive qualities. Against Bolton on Boxing Day, he came on as substitute and changed the game, scoring the opening goal in the process.

It’s a difficult decision for Pardew, despite what Ben Arfa offers going forward, he has the tendency to give the ball away cheaply at times. Pardew has already stated that Hatem’s natural position is the ‘number 10’, but with the manager’s preferred formation of 4-4-2 – Ben Arfa doesn’t fit into his plan.

He's been badly mismanaged under Pardew imo. I don't care if that makes me a fanboy. Anyone of his class would be a bit cheesed off if they were sat on the bench watching dross like Obertan and Shola getting in the team before them and rightfully so.

That said, those quotes don't really look like he fancies a move at present. Sounds like he's saying the project isn't quite off the ground yet and that they'll struggle to attract top players, and the rest of the French league isn't quite up to standard either, so he's not interested. I could be grasping at straws like.

I think you might be. :)

Definitely testing the waters at least. And it would be a massive shame if we lost him he is a special player and Pardew should send him out every week with instructions to play his way. He does anyway so why piss the guy off.

Scored 1, set up 1 though.

Aye and if the ref hadn't made an abysmal decision their '1st goal' would have been a free kick. I agree with others we need to let him play to his strengths and cover him, we didn't play players like Robert expecting him to retain possession and track back, when we have Tiote we can definitely afford a 'luxury' player especially one that has provided 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 3 games.

Aye and if the ref hadn't made an abysmal decision their '1st goal' would have been a free kick. I agree with others we need to let him play to his strengths and cover him, we didn't play players like Robert expecting him to retain possession and track back, when we have Tiote we can definitely afford a 'luxury' player especially one that has provided 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 3 games.

Aye. Statistically, our 'luxury' player has been doing pretty well in the past few games!

If the reason why he hasn't been a regular starter is because he's lazy then I don't think anyone can have any complaints.

Lazy or not, he's made far more of a positive contribution in terms of goals and assists than Obertan, the man who kept him out of the team.

If the reason why he hasn't been a regular starter is because he's lazy then I don't think anyone can have any complaints.

Lazy or not, he's made far more of a positive contribution in terms of goals and assists than Obertan, the man who kept him out of the team.

Plus Obertan very rarely makes a tackle anyway, the man's a total coward who hides from the ball and opposition players.

He might be better than Obertan, but it isn't fair to put a player not trying into the team and replacing someone who gives it their all.

He might be better than Obertan, but it isn't fair to put a player not trying into the team and replacing someone who gives it their all.

???? This is too stupid to be a serious statement.

Aye. Statistically, our 'luxury' player has been doing pretty well in the past few games!

Not so. Aoparently he fares very poorly on ProZone. Primarily because of how much he gives the ball away.