The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but now we have a no 9(Cisse) & a no 10(Ba) playing in their natural positions, Ben Arfa could hopefully come in a bit for Ba.

Good point, we should be looking to rest him when we can.

Guest CabayeAye

Some utter cack being said here like! :lol:

We need a goal = play more defensive midfielders.

Have a word man! Cabaye is one of the best tacklers in the PL, Colo is a great ball playing defender. You are allowed to play the ball out of defence you know.

Have a think before you post.

Mate Ben Arfa could not be played at the tip of a diamond. Simple as that. We'd never get the ball. Cabaye might be good defensively but he can't mark two or sometimes even three players by himself. Tbh its embarrassing for those of us that want him in the side when shit like that gets hoyed up as the solution.

I'm talking about a plan B. for plan A see my sig. We wouldn't start minus Tiote as standard, that would just be silly.

I've seen your sig. That reminds me. How long should it take for grass to start coming through after planting? We've been through a heatwave and I'm a little concerned it may be knackered. I've been watering it everyday but it doesn't seem to be taking effect.

Guest CabayeAye

I've seen your sig. That reminds me. How long should it take for grass to start coming through after planting? We've been through a heatwave and I'm a little concerned it may be knackered. I've been watering it everyday but it doesn't seem to be taking effect.

Either you live in Oz, or I've been wooshed with shit crack.

Personally I think Ben Arfa's more dangerous cutting in from the right, as he can get shots off plus also use his vision to thread through balls to Ba and Cisse.

857.jpg

so aye something like this, with tiote sitting right back in the 2nd formation giving cover for whatever wingback goes forward

yup, i'd like to see him used in both of those systems and alongside the players you have listed. i think i'd swap him and jonas around though.

he has been disappointing given his obvious natural talent but i'm sure he'd do better with ba and cisse ahead of him and tiote mopping up behind him than he's done in recent games when he's had ameobi and best to aim at and poorer defensive players to protect him when he inevitably gives the ball away from time to time.

Lets not forget as well we also have Marveaux who will hopefully feature next year on the wings.

Hopefully the steadman magic has worked and a full pre season will see him raring to go.

He is definitely someone who looks like he will have no problem picking out the Dembas.

Some utter cack being said here like! :lol:We need a goal = play more defensive midfielders. Have a word man! Cabaye is one of the best tacklers in the PL, Colo is a great ball playing defender. You are allowed to play the ball out of defence you know. Have a think before you post.

Mancini. :lol:

So if we needed a goal the best course of action would be to take off Ba or Cisse? Come on. Think first. Welcome by the way. ;)

Well yes, a plan B would imply that both Cisse and Ba are not having any impact on the game.

Why my idea would work because it's a change in direction, in a 4-4-2 with Ba and CIsse is definately a different outlook than a 4-2-3-1 with Ba or Cisse upfront with a free Ben Arfa in the back buzzing about sweeping up looseballs and trying to score.

It's way better than a 4-1-2-1-2 posted earlier with NO holding midfielder!

thanks for the welcome :) by the by

• 2 weeks later...

Played like he doesn't expect to be here past the summer today, and on that performance he shouldn't be. Walking around with hunched shoulders, hands on hips. Think he'll be back in Ligue Un come next season.

Played like he was rusty - short of match time and confidence and had no fludity with the rest of the team - mind you the rest of the team were appalling bad during the period he was on the pitch.

Least he had a go - 2 decent efforts on goal.

I agree with OTF, he'd massively benefit from getting some proper match fitness. Stick him in the reserves for a couple of games if he's not going to get regular games so he can get up to his former sharpness.

It'd stop him dribbling the ball out of play so bloody often!!!

I think there was something more to it than 'rustiness'. He was in a state of lethargy, he lacked focus and belief, and looked as though he knows he will not break into the starting 11 under Pardew. You could see it in his eyes; his demeanour on the pitch. Yet still, as you say, he was our most threatening player in the 2nd half.

Agree to some extent with what's been said. Ben Arfa should have started today and I think we might have won the game had he have done. At least he sparked some life into the team. But when he's come in he's tried to do too much in too short a period of time and it's sometimes been detrimental to the team. That said, he could easily have won it for us with his two shots and he was the only person who got a shot away late on.