The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see those quotes. Pardew seems to be quite pragmatic, I couldn't see a situation developing between him and a player as with Souness vs Robert.

Also I'm beginning to think that a high finish will give Pards a bit more confidence and he'll be less defensively minded next term.

Santon spends about twice as long out of position as Simpson does, so yeah he is a bigger liability.

Players are allowed to move you know. :lol:

Course he is, just not when the left winger is already in their final 3rd. Or if you do at least make an effort to get back into position relatively quickly. We got caught a few times in the first half today

Right wing is definitely his best position cutting inside like he did so many times today. Can't help but think he's one of those players better coming on as a sub and making an impact than starting

I think the key with a player like Ben Arfa is that you should instruct him to play it really simple for the first half. Just making sure he keeps possession and doesn't try too much unless in a 1v1 situation with the fullback, or a clear counter attacking opportunity.

then in the last twenty you say 'do whatever you want' because the opposition are knackered and the spaces open up and then all that conserved energy and can be used to effect, he must've nutmegged richardson about 4 times today...

He looked fitter and more focussed today, apart from one moment when he seemed to tackle himself, he anticipated challenges and seemed to up to the pace of the game.

He pulled of some absolutely amazing moves today.

He was shit and he's still shit. It's all shit. - HF

Ah Super Shane would have scored, it's time to drop Jonas. Pass iz a toblerone, pet. - CT

Unngh. Wargh. Buhuh. Blaaaaarg! - Rice

Even on here where the intellectual debate is held in good stead, I've notice a number of well established posters never miss having a pop at the beautiful and gifted Tunisian boy.

Tbf we hoofed it android looked shite for 45mins. Second half we played them off the park

Yeh we weren't really at the races but I would hardly say they were dramatically better & we were unlucky not to be level.

They hardly play carpet football more a perverse Catenaccio, where they absorb the pressure & hope to pick the goal.

My favorite Ben Arfa move of the match was when he started eating marmalade from MON's head with a dolphin spoon. Tin foil. Tin foil everywhere. Goo goo ga joob. - Parkster

:nufc:

Perhaps Coo coo ca chew is more in order. ;)

We don't exclusively play direct football, so that post is nonsense. We've mixed it up for the most part this season. Usually the other teams quickly work out how more direct tactics and we end up playing the ball on the floor and looking a lot better for it. Some days a more direct style of play makes sense, sometimes it doesn't, but Pardew often gets it wrong in terms of such a decision.

He was fantastic today and changed the game. We were so much better with an outlet like him to get the ball down and play it on the park. We have to include him and keep it on the grass going forward now. Cannot even imagine a situation where we're hoofing it aimlessly up to Cisse and Ba and winning not a sausage again like we did vs. Wolves and in the first half today.