The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292017.msg10136517#msg10136517

He has potential but along with potential comes a bad temperament. United were interested in signing him but ultimately went for Obertan. Not saying Obertan is better but you should get gist. He had issues when he was at Lyon and then Marseille due to which both the clubs wanted to get rid of him. Speaking of his ability alone, He is a good player but kind of blows hot and cold. Sometimes he performs really well while sometimes he is poor. I know Downing hasn't done that well but I think he is a better player than Ben Arfa. Issue is we paid around £18 Million for Downing while they paid around £8 Million for Ben Arfa.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292017.msg10136583#msg10136583

I would disagree about him being classes over Downing.

Also, Thing is its not just Pardew alone with whom he had off-field issues and all. If you notice his career, he has had issues with the management in his previous two clubs before Newcastle as well. He has played with three clubs in his senior level and he has had issues in all of them. So much that they wanted to sell him. Surely something must be wrong with him? Its a risky signing. A club like Newcastle can take those kind of risks but not a top club where dressing room atmosphere and all matters a lot more.

:lol: They have no concept of how far they've fallen, do they? Every season they don't qualify for the CL they fall further behind the real top clubs, and theyve blown their chance of hanging onto their coattails by blowing the last of the pre FFP money on shite. What a fucking shame for them.

:lol: They have no concept of how far they've fallen, do they? Every season they don't qualify for the CL they fall further behind the real top clubs, and theyve blown their chance of hanging onto their coattails by blowing the last of the pre FFP money on shite. What a fucking shame for them.

The arrogance in thinking they can just sign anyone they want as well. Laughable.

If they don't take him it will be everything to do with his demeanour in the past and nothing to do with his ability. He has expressed remorse for his behaviour so if no grudges are held he should be there. Just the type of player that you need in a tournament, creative, talented and with a point to prove.

At the end of the day though it's the French so who knows?

Edited by OTF

I said while watching that the only way I could see us doing much was through a piece of Ben Afra magic, 5 minutes later he goes and runs through half their team. Unbelievable talent.

Sessegnon still shades it for me; his determination, even at 4-0 down, was inspiring to watch. Between watching him and watching how tight Cattermole's shorts are it must be the most exciting period in football history.

He's also get the edge on Ben Arfa with regard to his talent at elbowing other players, Ben Arfa just mustn't have the flexibilty in his shoulder to match this ability.

That forum is a fucking mess and their match threads about us are longer than ours. Proper obsessed and they deserve every troll post they get.

Where are the mods, not unusual to have 4-5 threads going with identical names :lol: ( let alone the entire front page)