The No. 10.

Park Life

But it's even better than that. He's not just saying that he would leave for a great deal, but also only if the manager really wanted him. It's clear he's not content to go to a club like Man City or PSG or Chelsea and sit on the bench. He wants to be a big part of the club and he wants to feel wanted by the manager. Hatem leaving is the least of our worries this summer.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's basically stating the obvious: if a huge club, one of the titans of the game, say, Aston Villa, come in for him with a bid that the club feels obliged to accept, there's a chance he'll move.

but according to the mackems, we're bigger than Villa. I'm confused. Hold me?

Has quashed rumours of him leaving and wants to play in CL with Newcastle.

What annoys me the most, is that we have a base of a team to challenge in the premier league and to get back into the CL. But if we start selling players like Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse etc we'll never take the next step up. I just hope that Ashley sees that and decides to hold on to all of them. Sign Debuchy, a new CB, a new attacking winger (Johnson or Barnetta) and a striker and we could have another great season.

I have full faith in Carr and Pardew - let us see.

Has quashed rumours of him leaving and wants to play in CL with Newcastle.

What annoys me the most, is that we have a base of a team to challenge in the premier league and to get back into the CL. But if we start selling players like Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse etc we'll never take the next step up. I just hope that Ashley sees that and decides to hold on to all of them. Sign Debuchy, a new CB, a new attacking winger (Johnson or Barnetta) and a striker and we could have another great season.

I have full faith in Carr and Pardew - let us see.

We haven't sold any of them yet, and reports seem to indicate that we're asking £20m for Tiote, which is a huge fee and pretty fair. Imagine what Carr could do with £20 million (WHERE IS THE CARROLL MONEY?)...

That interview reads like he's very happy at the club, is enjoying how the fans are being won over and that he'd only leave if a serious offer came in from one of the big clubs in Europe where he wouldn't just be on the subs bench. Nowt wrong with saying that at all, it's very honest.

adam johnson would be a class signing. him one side and ben arfa on the other in a 4-3-3 with cisse in the middle would be scary.

Shame Johnson's best position is on the right much like Ben Arfa's is.

Shame Johnson's best position is on the right much like Ben Arfa's is.

they're both good enough to play either side. chelsea used to play like that with cole or duff on one flank and robben on the other but often swapping sides in the middle of the game. nightmare for defenders.

they're both good enough to play either side. chelsea used to play like that with cole or duff on one flank and robben on the other but often swapping sides in the middle of the game. nightmare for defenders.

Aye when Duff was at his prime for Chelski with Robben one mine they would be on one wing, 5 mins later the other.

Good read.

http://www.hatem-benarfa.com/index.php/article/1/news/2/outside-the-box/82/i-feel-good-in-angleterre

I feel good in Angleterre

The first time I arrived in Newcastle in northern England, I thought to myself: “I am a Mediterranean guy, how will I be able to adjust in such a grey and cold city?” Then I started to live here and realised that its essence was not necessarily visible in the foreground. Eighteen months later, I am starting to be very fond of this city as well as this country! For those who would have trouble placing it on a map, Newcastle is the second biggest city in the north of England (after Sunderland) and is one hour away from the Scottish border. If there is one match that you cannot lose during the season, it is definitely the derby at St James' Park against the “Black Cats” (nickname of the Sunderland team). The city is very student oriented. It features many shops and is packed with cultural centres (among them the magnificent Theatre Royal) as well as places to party. If you don’t like the atmosphere of the pubs, well you might want to ask yourself what you're doing here … I am sure there are at least five hundreds of them in Newcastle! In France, we don’t really have such thing as an English pub, where you can stay for hours drinking, eating, chatting, playing games and reliving the matches again and again…

As far as food goes, I am a red meat lover and I can’t really find what I am looking for here: English people are most of all crazy about chicken which they eat with all kinds of sauces (ketchup,curry…). Meals are eaten much earlier than in France (dinner is usually served between 6 and 7 pm) and their typical lunch is somewhat very basic.

In the street, English people are much more “natural” than we are in France. They are much more relaxed and uninhibited when it comes to their appearance. And above all, I envy them for not being sensitive to the cold!

What I like about the discussions I have with English people is that there are no taboos. For example, no one will be shocked if you talk openly about money or health. Besides, the person you are talking to is listening and not consistently arguing with your opinions as it is sometimes the case in France. On the other hand, if you want to be well understood and tounderstand them you’d better have a good command in English because few people make the effort to learn a foreign language.

Whenever people approach you in the street for an autograph or a picture, they are always extremely polite and civil. And even if you turn them down, they will take no offense, apologize and move on. Overall, you will be forgiven for anything as long as you do the job on the pitch.

The press plays a prominent role in this country. There must be ten times as many newspapers and magazines than in France. English people buy loads of them and you can read them forfree in every pub. The players’ biggest fear is to have their names quoted in the tabloids, whose methods are borderline. The consequences for your career may be brutal and your imageshattered.

Within the club, the relationship with the manager is healthier and more transparent that in France. It is relaxed yet very professional. The manager is naturally respected and nobody would think of challenging his authority. The club is above everything else and you will pay dearly for any lack of discipline or team spirit!

Apparently sat in the changing room during the post match talk on Tuesday on his mobile :lol: Blanc bollocked him and HBA asked why he had been substituted when there were plenty of shitter players than him still on the pitch!

Edited by J69

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hW13IYzCdOS4T2k82ZMLkCBiYIhw?docId=CNG.f15b23df253c7400e9863ab1ff7a41f8.571

In lequipe

Striker Olivier Giroud had already admitted to reporters that there was "a shouting match" and L'Equipe laid things bare.It began, according to their report, with an exchange between Alou Diarra and Samir Nasri, who was stung by his team-mate's complaint that he had not received enough defensive support in midfield.Things were then reported to have escalated when Laurent Blanc scolded Hatem Ben Arfa for talking on his mobile phone.The Newcastle United winger, angry at his substitution in the 59th minute, allegedly blasted Blanc for taking him off instead of other under-performing players and challenged the coach: "Send me home if you're not happy with me!"

Edited by J69