The No. 10.

Park Life

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can vote for HBA for goal of the year on the fifa site.

His Blackburn goal is better, but it's not got the recognition it deserves. He beat more players and scored from a tighter angle.

Got to say a goal like HBA's v Blackburn knocks the likes of Ibra's the other night into a cocked hat. Theres always an element of luck with an overhead kick. Great technique by him and when added to his other 3 goals it was a brilliant performance. But for me Ben Arfa's goal is better because he's in control of everything and he's being challenged for the ball at least 3 times. Am not for a minute suggesting that Ibra just wellied it, but there is a strong element of "hit and hope" in any overhead kick because you're never truly in control of the shot. Ben Arfa's effort is the diametric opposite of that and is a better goal for it iyam.

You see players level with him, a yard away from him, a good few yards away from him then two players in the box giving him now chance to do anything, takes them both out of the games and a goal which should never beat a keeper.

• 2 months later...

I can't see him being in any rush to sign a new contract until he sees what we do in the summer. He's made it clear that he's happy here for now as long as we match his ambition. I'm guessing he's think Champions' League, I'm not so sure that the club has the same view.

I can't see him being in any rush to sign a new contract until he sees what we do in the summer. He's made it clear that he's happy here for now as long as we match his ambition. I'm guessing he's think Champions' League, I'm not so sure that the club has the same view.

Hopefully signing all these future french internationals might convince him we're worth sticking with for a while longer.

Knew I shouldn't have got a Ben Arfa shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.guardian....-hatem-ben-arfa

How's that for bad news? Liverpool want to sign Ben Arfa. And we somehow come out of that deal with Carroll, as if that makes it ok. My hatred of Liverpool would be forever entrenched if this happened.

Think the 30m price tag might be a barrier. Non-story. If he goes anywhere it will be to PSG in a couple of years.