The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see them paying the price for him and I don't think he'd be desperate for a move there. If there was anything in any potential swap deal, Ashley would value Ben Arfa at a hell of a lot higher than Carroll (who's done very little in two seasons now). Carroll's value will by the end of this season fallen to sub £10m and I have a feeling Ben Arfa will be immense for the rest of the season. If that does happen £30m would certainly not be out of the question.

I also think that if there was any chance of this, bigger clubs than the bin dippers would come in for him and I can't see why he would choose them at that stage.

I'm not confident he will stay though as I think he's a player of more than enough quality to be playing at the very best teams and if we're not going to make the commitment to try and get up with those teams he would be well within his rights to look to move on.

Edited by David Kelly

He said he'd be open to a move to PSG, more likely if NUFC continued to show a lack of ambition. Then again he's never hidden the fact that he'd leave us for a major club that can guarantee a starting place. Nowt wrong with that, given he's fully committed to us on the pitch.

However him leaving to Liverpool (:lol:) when we've just signed a shedload of french players, either established or future internationals would be unthinkable. When he comes back to full fitness he'll be with international squad mates week in, week out - that's an attractive proposition our club has to offer french players.

Non-story from a liverpool-supporting journalist most probably.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think we will ever get a full season out of him. Hate to think this but I can't see him in the black and white after the summer transfer window. Hope to be proved wrong though! The wrapping in cotton wool effect after his injuries seems a little OTT for me and I can't wait to have him back in the squad.

Yeah he's done well considering he's been out for a while. Decent enough perfomance tonight but Anzhi were always going to make it difficult for dribblers tonight...

How many forwards can you recall doing ''something decent''? What does this tell you about the way the game was played & the tactics employed by both managers?

Played like he was short of match fitness. Should've scored, but he did well to get into the position to take the chance.

The shit pitch didn't do any of our players favours, although as a whole I think the team still didn't pass it well enough.

I'd rest HBA v Stoke and give him a game with the reserves instead - not sure how good getting bits kicked out of him would be against them.

Granted I was in and out of the match whilst slaving away after a house full of 8 year olds over for tea, but I don't recall HBA doing anything decent all night.

So basically the 10 or so minutes you did manage to piece together he didn't do much? :lol:

The commentators mentioned they thought he looked like he was instructed to just take it easy basically and for once I agree with them. Just out there to cause trouble when he gets a chance, have a bit of a run out but nothing silly.

Looked shattered when coming off just after that chance so no surprise he didn't get it perfect.

Good run out and that's the main thing :)

So basically the 10 or so minutes you did manage to piece together he didn't do much? :lol:

The commentators mentioned they thought he looked like he was instructed to just take it easy basically and for once I agree with them. Just out there to cause trouble when he gets a chance, have a bit of a run out but nothing silly.

Looked shattered when coming off just after that chance so no surprise he didn't get it perfect.

Good run out and that's the main thing :)

So you agree after your rant that he did nowt special :lol:

A "good run out" is not the main thing. He could have got that in a reserve match ;)

So you agree after your rant that he did nowt special :lol:

A "good run out" is not the main thing. He could have got that in a reserve match ;)

Just a bit strange you pick out Ben Arfa after seeing so little of the game but when talking about Marveaux you blame it on him being played out of position :lol:

Obviously there is no agenda here.

Just a bit strange you pick out Ben Arfa after seeing so little of the game but when talking about Marveaux you blame it on him being played out of position :lol:

Obviously there is no agenda here.

Stop being so defensive man :lol:

Ben Arfa was the main "big decision" last night. It might have come off but it didnt. Move along.

I think I also said we were pretty poor once we crossed the half way line which points the finger at all the wide and forward players. However it is no great surprise that Obertan isnt great and Marveaux is poor on the wing.

Lots of so called injuries and excuses were flying around last night such as Cisse's injury, Shola and Jonas not suiting plastic pitches etc. I think the bottom line as Paddock Lad called yesterday was that had we won at Swansea then a different team may have travelled / played last night.

I dont know how many times I have to say it to you but I have no problem with Ben Arfa. He's very exciting and sometimes brilliant, I just dont hero worship him as some seem to love doing.

Saying Ben Arfa "did well" is stretching the term like.

I think Jonny got the right level of effusiveness...the best you can say is he played an hour didn't get injured. One shot (the only one we managed on target) and a couple of dribbles. But we never looked like an attacking force at any point. He didn't see enough of the ball to get back up to speed.

We got the best result any visiting team has managed there though. All good.

Ben Arfa was the main "big decision" last night. It might have come off but it didnt. Move along.

In what way did it not come off? Were you expecting a hatrick from him? The focus last night was on keeping a clean sheet and we did, there was very little emphasis on scoring.

What would you have done? Play Shola? Campbell? Or play our saviour Marveaux?

Really? I'll raise you playing Perch at center half ahead of Steven Taylor, when we were setting out to not concede.

That big decision paid off.