The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's wasting his time with Pards.

"“The win is important. But the most important thing was that after the goal we kept on going.

“We didn’t just take 1-1. We didn’t settle for a point.

“If we want to be a big team we have to be more like that.

“The big clubs are winners in their minds.

“They have the winning mentality and don’t settle for anything less.

“Manchester United are like that and we need to have that as well to be in the top five.”

Aye wasting his time ;)

If he stays injury free this could be the season he really announces himself to the rest of Europe. Obviously playing for the World Cup next year but could also be the last season he is with us. Played blinders recently!

Remy and HBA were at school together.....reckon they charged an entry fee to watch the school team? bet it was shit to be another player on their side, good players only pass to each other at that age, fuckin patter merchants :glare:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/read_article/10678023._/

The classroom was part of the Lyon youth academy, Benzema wasn't too bad in that side either ;)

Remi, Diaby, Benzema, Nasri, Ben Arfa were all part of that side (menez i think as well)

Ben Arfa had a run in with diaby :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0B15JNGpU

there's a documentary that followed them all about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhJwLeBxn-k

This is ringing a bell now...cheers for putting that up :good:

Clairefontaine is the French FA's academy?...

Ben Arfa told France Football: “At 26 years old, I still have plenty of time in front of me. I am not about to describe my career prior to retirement.

“I know some will again think that I am mad but I still dream for example of the Ballon d’Or. I am convinced that this is still possible.

“It is forbidden to dream? I disappointed a lot of people over the past years, I have even annoyed many too, no doubt. But those people were right. I was not very professional.

“I think I gradually changed as I have grown up. I have understood some basic stuff with regards to the strength that a community brings.

“I still believe that one day I will be the best player in the world. But my biggest victory will not be that one. It will be of becoming a well-rounded man after overcoming so many obstacles.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/81892/newcastle-uniteds-hatem-ben-arfa-dreaming-of-balon-dor-win

If he does stay injury free this season then lets hope we do see the best of him, as he'll be flogged at the first opportunity in the summer I should imagine!

We should really drop this selling club bollocks as we're a lot better than most clubs in that respect.

Every window we keep hearing Tiotes going, Kruls going, Coloccini etc etc.

Other than Carroll for the deal of the century, who's the last "purple" player we sold ?

Ba or Enrique we had no say. Barton and Nolan turned down deals to stay.

We've renewed the likes of Coloccini (when no one thought we would) and Krul and look as though we are in the process of doing the same with HBA.

Sure everyone has their price, but at least our prices are very high.

We should really drop this selling club bollocks as we're a lot better than most clubs in that respect.

Other than Carroll for the deal of the century, who's the last "purple" player we sold ?

We've renewed the likes of Coloccini (when no one thought we would) and Krul and look as though we are in the process of doing the same with HBA.

We often start by offering an insulting deal. Barton went for free. Nolan to avoid one more year on his contract. Not a high price.

How did we have no say on Ba or Enrique? Pay them more and they'll stay.

This is actually a fair point - although I do feel like we actively try to sell the players even if its for high prices. And remember that the chances are we'll only see about half of the amount reinvested. I reckon we'd have taken 15 for Cabaye even though we frequently said it would be 20+

We often start by offering an insulting deal. Barton went for free. Nolan to avoid one more year on his contract. Not a high price.

How did we have no say on Ba or Enrique? Pay them more and they'll stay.

Barton was due to renegotiate after turning down a deal at Xmas. He then went AWOL on twitter and burnt all his bridges. As for Insulting I think given the number of appearances he put in and how we stuck by him, people will have different views on what constitutes insulting.

Nolan was replaced by Cabaye and would have been an old squad player.

Enrique refused to enter negotiations and "wanted to play for a top 6 club"....

Ba had a release clause.