The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely frustrating early on, could have easily had a couple of assists in the second. I'll put my hand up and admit that I thought he'd held the ball too long before he ripped off the winning shot. How wrong I was.

His class came through in the end. The scary thing for opponents is that he's far off his sharpest at the moment and even still they couldn't stop him when they know that he's going to take them on.

Edited by OTF

a lot of his distance efforts again though were because no one was available or moving in the box like, there was one awful attempt in the first half mind he properly ballooned from 30, but the darting runs towards the box, you're expecting shola/cisse to drop back off so he can cut it, or someone from midfield to arrive in and no fucker was doing anything

Agree there that he can be somewhat forgiven for those given his lack of options. It was more his passing and decision making that was frustrating in the first half. Many of our other players were passing as poorly as or worse than him, but I mark him harder because of his ability.

Was our worst player in the first half but probably our best in the second. Fabulous strike and should have dedinitely had one assist.

No probably about it. Showed his class in the second, man of the match IMO.

Was our worst player in the first half but probably our best in the second. Fabulous strike and should have dedinitely had one assist.

I think Marveaux takes that accolade in both halfs. Fucking useless.

Hatem had a couple of distance shots - but one went in - and that's a valuable three points so let him. No fucker looked interested in moving for him anyway.

The bit in the second half where he got the ball at the byline and had 3 players on him waiting to see what he would do :lol: managed to knock it down the line shrug a guy off and dart into the box.

The fact he had 3 people marking him and still had no options but to take them on sums up why he has these attempts

:D Quite funny how everytime people line up to try and stop him from getting onto his left foot, knowing he will drop a shoulder and go past them. They know it and prepare for it but can do fuck all about it :lol:

Tbf to our other players I've seen them make runs into acres of space...busting a gut to do it...only for Ben Arfa to whack it into row z. That must get as annoying for them as it is for him to look up and have no runners.

Tbf to our other players I've seen them make runs into acres of space...busting a gut to do it...only for Ben Arfa to whack it into row z. That must get as annoying for them as it is for him to look up and have no runners.

Happened plenty yesterday and in particular one time when he got to the bye line and Shola was screaming for the pull back.

Must be an infuriating managerial decision because for long periods its so frustrating however you always know that occasionally he can pull one of those out of the bag.

The attacks down the left in the last 20 minutes, looked as good and ferocious as I can remember for a lot of years.

Hopefully this new double threat will give HBA more room, however these players now need to be let loose and not the safety first approach.

HBA can be very frustrating to watch as he always tries the difficult/spectacular. Reminds me a bit of Zidane in that he never makes it easy for himself on the pitch. Both geniuses of course :)

One or two wonder goals a season don't make him a genius IMO. We would get many more goals / points if he could address the balance of individual v team play. A few more first time balls and a few less dribbles and he might then be verging on genius.

tbh if we play safety first and manage 24 shots 9 on target to the oppositions 3 and 2 I think Id be alright with it.

9 shots on target is probably the season total and the majority of them will have come in the last 20 minutes when we "went for it".... which was my point.

First half, Sissoko plays it to Ben Arfa in own half and then makes an overlapping run through the middle and out to the right flank. Great support and movement from him. It was the moment when Ben Arfa tapped the ball too far in front of him just outside the box and gave it to their defender. A simple forward pass with an angle would have been perfect for Sissoko to run on to either for a cross or run into the box. The complete opposite of the simplistic 'everyone just stands around looking at him'.

One or two wonder goals a season don't make him a genius IMO. We would get many more goals / points if he could address the balance of individual v team play. A few more first time balls and a few less dribbles and he might then be verging on genius.

It was partly tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Aye he's no Marveaux like.

Btw if people can't enjoy Ben Arfa play and are going to be over-critical of everything that he does then I don't think you're ever going to enjoy football as much as you should.

He's a majestic talent and seems to have some genuine care and affection for the club and fans. Just enjoy what he gives when the ball is at his feet as under this regime we'll be lucky to ever see a player as talented as he is again.