The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jonas and Hatem shared a kid :lol:

I've always thought that HBA looks like a mix of Kieron Dyer and Laurent Robert.

kieron_dyer_300x400.jpg+robert-2.jpg=Hatem-Ben-Arfa-006.jpg

If he could have Dyer's application and pace mixed with Larry's wizardry I'd literally spunk in my pants.

If Jonas and Hatem shared a kid :lol:

I've always thought that HBA looks like a mix of Kieron Dyer and Laurent Robert.

kieron_dyer_300x400.jpg+robert-2.jpg=Hatem-Ben-Arfa-006.jpg

If he could have Dyer's application and pace mixed with Larry's wizardry I'd literally spunk in my pants.

Doesn't he have that already?

Pardew said "We feel once Hatem reaches the level he is capable of then he can start challenging Gabby. I think people sometimes forget about some of the contributions Gabby has made this year." :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::unsure2::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Edited by Park Life

Pardew said "We feel once Hatem reaches the level he is capable of then he can start challenging Gabby. I think people sometimes forget about some of the contributions Gabby has made this year." :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::unsure2::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Is that a real quote??

Is that a real quote??

:icon_lol:

Yeah. (Maybe) ;)

It might be out of context or summink..

Edited by Park Life

Not sure what annoyed me more last night, the result, the booing at the end or the cheering when Obertan went off.

Couldnt hear any booing at the end in the leazes apart from when the ref was going off.

Ref got booed off at half time.

Right on the whistle at full time though.

Was especially disappointing cos we were discussing Kean in the pub before and I was just saying how I've not seen our fans ever chant for a manager to be sacked, occurred to me looking at the Bruce out signs at Sunderland too as I've never seen one of those at SJP. Not for Souness or Kinnear or Allardyce or Kinnear or anyone else you might think was as shit as them. Whatever the pundits/Mackems say about our expectation levels, collectively we're always behind the manager. The booing that's crept in a couple of times now is daft given our position. Wonder if it's the new class of fan attracted by cheap season tickets :razz:

There wasn't a lot of booing that I heard other than for the referee. The team have been collectively poor for these last two games and haven't seemed to make the same effort as previously so I was expecting to hear a fair bit booing tbh.

The cheering for Obertan going off (and it was for that rather than Ben Arfa coming on) certainly isn't helping anyone but Pardew has created this situation himself by persisting with a player who offers fuck all and looks scared to take on his man all the time. For his own sake as well as the teams he needs to be dropped now.

Must admit I've tried to stick by Obertan but he definitely needs dropping.

I'm not sure if he genuinely thinks he is better than he is. Possibly a spell trying to win back a place might make him fight for the cause a bit more when he next gets the nod.

Not that I think we are blessed with many options out on the right. Sameobi doesn't inspire me as the answer and for whatever reason HBA doesn't look like he's going to play there.

Worry about Ben Arfa is he's a luxury player who we can't afford to have at the moment. I can't remember a player who is as gifted as him play in black and white, but he is only an offensive player. He reminds me of Ronaldinho in that never tracked back after losing the ball and was fairly lazy off the ball

He might not track back much but it never stopped Keegan playing Ginola and Bobby playing Robert.

And the crazy thing is someone like Obertan or Sammy doesn't offer anything more defensively anyway. He very much is a luxury we CAN afford. Given the recent results and especially performance we can't afford not to play him.

You need some creativity man, playing Ben Arfa ahead of Best or Obertan wouldn't make us much weaker defensively at all. Given a good run of games Cabaye and Ben Arfa with Tiote in his defensive role could be very good.