The No. 10.

Park Life

There's nothing wrong with being arrogant, but if Pardew thinks Ben Arfa has more to show and the best way to get it out of him is by constantly challenging him to improve, then that will be why he isn't starting. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he's in a better position to make that call than we are.

If people completely fail to see that Pardew's entire approach (and results yielded so far) is to try and build from a defensive base and a harrying game when not in possession then they have no grasp of football at all. B Arfa is potentially our technically most gifted player going forward from an attacking mid/link up striker position but Pardew sees that as less important (overall) than having two diligent/regimented banks of four that can try and hit two more advanced strikers. As a containing shape that has proved to be worthwhile in loads of games this season- he knows fine well we're not brilliant and he doesnt want to lose games after only 5 minutes in, so that's why he goes with it. The Toon are past masters at losing games before they've started so that alone has been a huge improvement.

B Arfa would be an automatic starter in a stronger team. At the moment he's being thrown on to try and step us up a gear as an impact sub at strategic times when the game is poised. He'll become an automatic starter in any event when Ba goes to the ACN, albeit out of position so people need to stop getting so menstrual.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with being arrogant, but if Pardew thinks Ben Arfa has more to show and the best way to get it out of him is by constantly challenging him to improve, then that will be why he isn't starting. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he's in a better position to make that call than we are.

If people completely fail to see that Pardew's entire approach (and results yielded so far) is to try and build from a defensive base and a harrying game when not in possession then they have no grasp of football at all. B Arfa is potentially our technically most gifted player going forward from an attacking mid/link up striker position but Pardew sees that as less important (overall) than having two diligent/regimented banks of four that can try and hit two more advanced strikers. As a containing shape that has proved to be worthwhile in loads of games this season- he knows fine well we're not brilliant and he doesnt want to lose games after only 5 minutes in, so that's why he goes with it. The Toon are past masters at losing games before they've started so that alone has been a huge improvement.

B Arfa would be an automatic starter in a stronger team. At the moment he's being thrown on to try and step us up a gear as an impact sub at strategic times when the game is poised. He'll become an automatic starter in any event when Ba goes to the ACN, albeit out of position so people need to stop getting so menstrual.

:good:

So what you are saying is that we cannot afford a single player with mainly offensive duty? Is Best and Obertans defensive contributions that significant so that they completely counterweight the considerably weaker offensive contributions they provide?

It is not excactly a vote of confidence to our back four, Tiote and cabaye that we see it as an absolute necessity to have even strikers defending from the front.

Torres in his prime probably wouldnt get a game under pardew, due to his lazy look. "He was good? he scored a few goals."

What about Ba? Sure he will put the work in but he is fairly decent at the old offensive side of the game and it would be fair to say it's his main duty?

Some talk as if we are this solid defensive unit who have got points by keeping a clean sheet and sneaking the old goal when in truth we have scored more than 12 teams in he league and have 4 more goals than the mighty Liverpool.

Edited by Gejon

So what you are saying is that we cannot afford a single player with mainly offensive duty? Is Best and Obertans defensive contributions that significant so that they completely counterweight the considerably weaker offensive contributions they provide?

It is not excactly a vote of confidence to our back four, Tiote and cabaye that we see it as an absolute necessity to have even strikers defending from the front.

Torres in his prime probably wouldnt get a game under pardew, due to his lazy look. "He was good? he scored a few goals."

Best losing the ball up front is containable. Obertan losing the ball on the wing is containable. B Arfa losing the ball by trying to pick it up and dribble the second he takes up possession in the freer role presents problems of an entirely different nature. Theres no resemblance between B Arfa and Obertan in this sense. I don't have any major issue with what you say about using him over Best, I simply think when it gets down to that level of debate it's not that worth getting het up about to begin with because it'd mean playing him out of position anyway. I don't expect him to set the world alight in Best's position.

It will be a shame for you when he does end up being started every game and doesn't win every game singlehanded because your entire patter will be up in smoke btw.

We look clueless up front often though, which is a pity as we all know what Ba does if he is given proper service. Swansea at home being a prime example. I just feel like we are sitting with the key in our hand yet refuse to insert it into the lock because we would rather keep fiddling a bit with it with a coat hanger...

What about Ba? Sure he will put the work in but he is fairly decent at the old offensive side of the game and it would be fair to say it's his main duty?

Some talk as if we are this solid defensive unit who have got points by keeping a clean sheet and sneaking the old goal when in truth we have scored more than 12 teams in he league and have 4 more goals than the mighty Liverpool.

Liverpool has less goals than the two worst teams in PL, how flattering it is to have 4 goals more than them.

Best losing the ball up front is containable. Obertan losing the ball on the wing is containable. B Arfa losing the ball by trying to pick it up and dribble the second he takes up possession in the freer role presents problems of an entirely different nature. Theres no resemblance between B Arfa and Obertan in this sense. I don't have any major issue with what you say about using him over Best, I simply think when it gets down to that level of debate it's not that worth getting het up about to begin with because it'd mean playing him out of position anyway. I don't expect him to set the world alight in Best's position.

It will be a shame for you when he does end up being started every game and doesn't win every game singlehanded because your entire patter will be up in smoke btw.

The same could be said for david silva which granted play for a better team. The point I am trying to make is that playmakers ALWAYS play with a higher degree of risk. There is just no way around it, and I expect as Barfa get up to speed the brilliant passes will find their target more and more often, and the errors become fewer still.

By the same token I guess it will be a shame for you when he does start and transforms our side.

Do we really want to see a Newcastle team that plays no-risk defend from the front and god forbid try to make a dribble? that what you are advocating. Its cowardly and depressing to imagine a side where there is no room for failure or trying to be creative. God forbid we need it with all the white goods players we currently field.

We look clueless up front often though, which is a pity as we all know what Ba does if he is given proper service. Swansea at home being a prime example. I just feel like we are sitting with the key in our hand yet refuse to insert it into the lock because we would rather keep fiddling a bit with it with a coat hanger...

This the Ba who is the second highest goalscorer in the league.

I'm sure you haven't seen a single game this season or taken any notice of results/league position etc.. You just seem happy to spout negative bollocks non-stop.

More and more certain you are a Liverpool fan given the ridiculous fawning you were doing over them the other day, it would explain why you don't seem to know anything about Newcastle. :dunno:

Liverpool has less goals than the two worst teams in PL, how flattering it is to have 4 goals more than them.

Apparently they dominate every game they play with their far superior manager who was also responsible for their £60m strike force. Surely with all that in mind their goals for record should be something proud to be beating?

Seen every game, and Ba is scoring despite the service - not because of it.

If you were able to look up from the league table for a second you would be able to point out glaring flaws in tactics and team selection as others have. Just because we are 7th which you think the maximum we can achieve, you just swipe all critizism under the carpet. We could have been so much better with a few changes. Its 1 point up to 6th and 4 points up to 4th. Fucking dream a little will you?

Cant be arsed defending the frankly redicilous accusations regarding who I support or what games I have seen. Pointless debate.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

The same could be said for david silva which granted play for a better team. .

Jesus fucking Christ alive.

Apparently they dominate every game they play with their far superior manager who was also responsible for their £60m strike force. Surely with all that in mind their goals for record should be something proud to be beating?

Noone has ever said all that shit you make up, but they do dominate games and miss 20 chances every game.

Yep doing it despite the service, if he played for someone like your beloved Liverpool he would probably be on 25 goals by now.

probably be on 20+

Maybe your Kenny should have signed him in the summer, poor management tbh.

He is on 14 getting service from Obertan and Jonas which couldnt hit a tractor from 5 yards out, suggesting he would score more for a liverpool team creating 5 times the chances we create - its not that farfetched ;)

Under King Kenny he would of been amazing :)

He is shit at finishing. Whats your point? Thats their biggest concern, they have no prolific strikers. If they did they would be way higher obviously.

Maybe that's King Kev's fault considering he spent £60m on strikers, or maybe they aren't as dominant as you seem to believe.

From an impressive 87/110 in Ajax to having a problem even with simple tap-ins this year, Kenny is doing us all a favor not telling him he needs thicker glasses or they would probably be in 4th or higher.