The No. 10.

Park Life

Imagine the link-up between Santon and Ben-Arfa on the left, dribbling, crossing, and cutting inside, Ben Arfa could probably act as a wide playmaker to get the most out of his creativity. Then Jonas and Raylor switched to the right to enhance their crossing abilities. Sounds so sweet...

Santon and Ben Arfa would be torn apart by Nani et al.

Someone should have told Blackburn.

Now you want us to play more like Blackburn?

Make your mind up. I thought hoofing it to Yakubu/Ba was a bad thing

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the link-up between Santon and Ben-Arfa on the left, dribbling, crossing, and cutting inside, Ben Arfa could probably act as a wide playmaker to get the most out of his creativity. Then Jonas and Raylor switched to the right to enhance their crossing abilities. Sounds so sweet...

You know perfectly well what I mean and if you don't watch us roll over tonight.

It'll be 442 with without Hatem and we won't keep the ball.

Edited by Park Life

Pardew said it back in September....

“My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle.

“Realistically, he knows he has got more to do on the training ground. He smiles at me as if to say, ‘Okay, I will play next week.

“He has character and there are times in coming weeks if he has not made a start he will be kicking my door down.”

He always drifts inside, he always has done. It really doesn't matter where he starts. (see Bale).

Exactly the thing with HBA is he's capable of showing defenders down the line and then going round them or making space for a cross, or cutting inside and going through the middle, if anything he's a perfect winger in that sense, asides from not tracking back which we shouldn't be worried about if we wanted the best from him.

edit > haha pre-empted the tracking back :D

on a side note If i was going play HBA on the wing i agree it shouldn't be on the right, it should be the left with Santon (since pardew insists on playing him on the wrong side) behind him, amd move Jonas our completely rightfooted winger back to the right handside where he's supposed to be where he plays for Argentina and his previous clubs.

A million percent this.

Minus the hyperbole you actually make a good point.

You know perfectly well what I mean and if you don't watch us roll over tonight.

It'll be 442 with without Hatem and we won't keep the ball.

I know that Blackburns success at Man U last week was built on being well organised at the back. Not by having an entire side of the pitch inhabited by players with less than 20 PL appearances between them.

Yeah, Taylor and Gutierrez will shut up shop, it'll be like the Berlin Wall (before it fell down).

Yeah, Taylor and Gutierrez will shut up shop, it'll be like the Berlin Wall (before it fell down).

Santon went into a tailspin for 2 years after having 1 bad game by all accounts. Could do without a humiliation in one of his first games at the club.

Water off a ducks back for Ryan Taylor.

Santon went into a tailspin for 2 years after having 1 bad game by all accounts. Could do without a humiliation in one of his first games at the club.

:lol:

Santon's knee is clearly fucked anyway. Another operation is coming, just a matter of when.

:lol: The guys facial expression is permanently set to, "Oh shit. That was my fault wasn't it?"

Edited by toonotl

aside from 5 league titles and 6 cup wins at the age of 22, hailed as one of the biggest french talents of his generation in the same mould as benzema, nasri etc. Clearly not worthy.

Honestly gemill, all we ask for is that he is given the same chance Obertan got.( who has done fuck all and is generally regarded as shite by man u fans)

Needs games, sure he will get them now especially with BA off. Gonna be a no win situation tho with the doom mongers,plays well he's gonna get sold plays shit will get the Obertan treatment

I think with a run of games in a settled side his class will shine through

Now, Ben Arfa is keen to provide more magic moments in a black-and-white shirt.

He said: “I know the crowd here like entertainers.

“And that is what I want to show to the crowd.

“Entertainment for me comes above money, fame, fortune and anything else – and I’m ready to give them that.” :wub:

its pretty sad, but i must admit, Ben Arfa is a luxury we cant afford to play. We are a disciplined side, and its important that all players are able to adjust their ambitions in attack to suit the managers tactics on the day. We cant afford losing the ball in dangerous areas (trying speculative passes) or poor tracking back either. He's an unreal talent but at this moment he is best off the bench as impact. Maybe he can play more of a role when Demba goes to Cup of Nations?