The No. 10.

Park Life

He's clearly got talent, I just think people are being overly harsh on him when he is yet to be given a run in the side similar to what Obertan had, and let's not forget he hasn't exactly been given time to adapt to English football due to suffering a career threatening injury last year.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just need to be patient with him. He's come back from a career threatening injury, missed what was supposed to be his first full pre-season with us, as well as the fact he needs to adapt to the Premier League.

A player of his talents deserves some patience.

Spot fucking on.

All that needs to be said is your post and OTF's.

So what's changed?

We just need to be patient with him. He's come back from a career threatening injury, missed what was supposed to be his first full pre-season with us, as well as the fact he needs to adapt to the Premier League.

A player of his talents deserves some patience.

Spot fucking on.

All that needs to be said is your post and OTF's.

So what's changed?

Nothing. I've only commented on what I've seen. I'm not writing him off, I'm still patient with him. He's not fully adapted yet either, because his time on the pitch is so irregular. He needs more time, for sure, but on the other hand I can understand why Pardew doesn't trust him. The below is my current take on him from a post after the match (can't directly quote it for some reason):

At the moment, we're only seeing glimpses of his talent. It's like hie has a highlight reel quota to fill. Once he's done that he's back to losing possession 9 times out of 10 when there's a pass on.

You could point out that with more starts his confidence would grow, and you'd be right, but he's still got to prove himself worthy when he's on as a sub too. At the moment, I can't blame Pardew for not trusting Ben Arfa. You can tell how much he frustrates Pardew - knowing he's got a player of such ability, but one who is yet to consistently harness it.

I think most of the stick he's getting is actually the clubs fault. They've been boasting to the press since he came here that he's different class and will be awesome for us. So when he comes on and isn't, fans get on his back.

If you're saying he needs pitch time then I agree.

People forget that for his type of player the PL is the hardest to adapt to as there is significantly less time on the ball compared to say France or Spain (Germany is a bit closer). I honestly think the likes of Pastore would need a good half a season starts to start showing his stuff in the PL. Nasri AND Silva have been on and off this season.

Arsenal for instance now without Nasri and Fab just knock it wide and form a half circle as the mf catches up.

ManU knock it through the middle and wide at lightning pace with cycling forwards (every time).

Losing to Ajax at home (with a vastly superior side) in the europa league was the final education for them. It must have

come as a shock to see players who are intellectually light years ahead of them.

That's why they've been fucked in the CL. The requirements for bad football in the PL is the constant. ;)

Edited by Park Life

I think most of the stick he's getting is actually the clubs fault. They've been boasting to the press since he came here that he's different class and will be awesome for us. So when he comes on and isn't, fans get on his back.

When has Pardew or anybody said that? apologies if they have, mustve missed it.

Can't see that he suffers from any stick whatsoever really. He comes on to rapturous applause.

It's not the clubs fault if he's poor when he comes on and people make the factually correct observation online (and we aren't talking 'competent but not world class' when we say poor, we're talking Obertan shit without an iota of the pisstaking to go with it, cos the bloke is clearly a talent).

Even the likes of Parky and 2J, his biggest cheerleaders, are only saying give him time. No-one is defending the performance. And I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't get more time either.

We do like to construct these arguments though, as if people are in complete disagreement, keeps things ticking over.

Edited by Happy Face

I saw my mate who owns the Rennes supporters bar in Paris last saturday for the first time in ages. He is the biggest expert i know on french football and the one who called me to tell me about how good Cabaye was. He was criticising Ben Arfa for the exact same reasons just highlighted, i said 'we're waiting for him to understand the English game' he reckons we'll wait forever. It seems odd to report someone else's opinion but this lad watches more football than Ant and knows the game in France very well. Anyway, the point being that his doubters are not restricted to old gadgies in the Leazes end with their arms crossed thinking 'who's this frog think he is?', a very high proportion of french fans have the same doubts.

Aye, but the French doubt fucking everything. Sartre doubted fucking reality, "Am I a man dreaming I am a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I am a man?" Why don't you dream you're a turd and fuck off, JP?

Maybe this'll explain why he wasn't great when he came on against Wolves.

http://twitter.com/#...3095936/photo/1

I'm not good at poker, but there is ar least 3 person worst than me. My agent, my brother and and......... HATEM haha

AmdFX_HCEAA6Khd.jpg

Class. Not sure about that tablecloth mind.

That tweet was ten to midnight the night before the game...and they were both shite the next day.

I tweeted Ba to get to bed at the time, the bellend.

Guest CabayeAye

I think we should play him at RB for a couple of games. Turned Jonas into a good player when Maradonna did it to him. It's like a threat and a kick up the arse.

Plus, he can't be any worse than Simspson...