The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was shit and he's still shit. It's all shit. - HF

Not sure what that's for, have I been unfair on him before?

Yes, though only slightly. And your intentions were probably fair. Bullying is not acceptable and terrible for the victims, and it was nice of you to boldly stick up for the wobbly-headed shit footballer that is Obertan, in the midst of widespread vitriol spewed in his direction.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Benny Boy looked better today and should be given a go.

Jonas his usual crap self. His service in for the the Dembas is pathetic. Either switch to the right as Ant says or drop him.

Game after game the wings are killing us. It's so fucking depressing watching him stifle attack after attack.

This is a fact btw so I'm not even going to debate the point with any Jonas fan boys.

We need people on the wings who can do what Ben Arfa did today or someone who can whip a ball in fast without any fannying about.

a lot of our best attacking moves came through jonas down the left flank. he's probably the best ball carrier in the side, which goes some way to making up for his inconsistent final balls in.

Benny Boy looked better today and should be given a go.

Jonas his usual crap self. His service in for the the Dembas is pathetic. Either switch to the right as Ant says or drop him.

Game after game the wings are killing us. It's so fucking depressing watching him stifle attack after attack.

This is a fact btw so I'm not even going to debate the point with any Jonas fan boys.

We need people on the wings who can do what Ben Arfa did today or someone who can whip a ball in fast without any fannying about.

It's tailor made for Shane to step in :closedeyes:

Jonas was excellent. I honestly can't believe you watched that second half and thought he was shit. What an outlet the man is

If he was excellent he would be whipping great balls in for the Dembas to attack. He doesnt.

He does the same every game. He receives the ball and then either delivers a weak as piss cut out cross or holds it out on the wing until a few defenders arrive and relieve him of possession.

He may be a decent "outlet" in one or two games when we are under the cosh but 90% of the time his job should be to creat chances for the attackers. He simply cant do this with any consistency.

His display was same old same old.

He was shit and he's still shit. It's all shit. - HF

Not sure what that's for, have I been unfair on him before?

Yes, though only slightly. And your intentions were probably fair. Bullying is not acceptable and terrible for the victims, and it was nice of you to boldly stick up for the wobbly-headed shit footballer that is Obertan, in the midst of widespread vitriol spewed in his direction.

I'd do the same for and disabled individual getting abused ;).

I only stood up for Obertan because it's a disgrace that any Newcastle player gets stick off Newcastle fans inside the stadium. Ben Arfa has never had that problem.

Jonas was excellent. I honestly can't believe you watched that second half and thought he was shit. What an outlet the man is

He's much more comfortable with Raylor behind him

If he was excellent he would be whipping great balls in for the Dembas to attack. He doesnt.

He does the same every game. He receives the ball and then either delivers a weak as piss cut out cross or holds it out on the wing until a few defenders arrive and relieve him of possession.

He may be a decent "outlet" in one or two games when we are under the cosh but 90% of the time his job should be to creat chances for the attackers. He simply cant do this with any consistency.

His display was same old same old.

Passing accuracy best of anyone who played the 90.

92% Ben Arfa

89% Guti

88% Shola

87% Colo

86% Cabaye

More touches than any attacking player other than Cabaye...

101 Tiote

91 RTaylor

82 Cabaye

61 Guti

56 Williamson

More crosses than anyone other than the corner taker

24 RTaylor (19 corners)

10 Guti

5 Tiote

5 Cabaye

2 Ben Arfa

He was dispossessed 3 times in the game.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/506794/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012-Newcastle-Sunderland

It's always been a problem that his crosses into the box aren't the best, that's not changed in 4 years. Not one of those 10 crosses are what the OPTA folk deem "accurate". But he's put a hell of a shift in yesterday, so still criticising him for that weak side of his game irrespective of overall performance is harsh.

Edited by Happy Face

Tell all of those stats to the Dembas.

If they make you feel like we have a very creative left winger then good for you. I just see the same old lack of chances being created game after game.

We all know he's a good lad and works his nuts off but people really need to stop pretending he's some wing wizard.

For a team that has the spine that we have, quality of midfield and two quality strikers it is criminal that we are playing the way we are.

With better wing play we would be slaughtering the likes of Wolves and Sunderland.

If they make you feel like we have a very creative left winger then good for you. I just see the same old lack of chances being created game after game.

We all know he's a good lad and works his nuts off but people really need to stop pretending he's some wing wizard.

For a team that has the spine that we have, quality of midfield and two quality strikers it is criminal that we are playing the way we are.

With better wing play we would be slaughtering the likes of Wolves and Sunderland.

You can't blame the wingers for our display against Wolves. Our tactics didn't involve going down the flanks, it was just hit it long to Ba and Cisse.

Better wing play from who though? Obertan?

Ferguson, obviously.

Ferguson, obviously.

Obviously :picknose:

Shola won the pen from a cross from the right.

Shola scored his goal from a cross from the left.

Cisse's goal against wolves came from a cross from the right.

Gutierez scored against Wolves himself cutting in from the left.

Guthrie crossed from the left for Ba's against Villa.

Guti crossed for Cisse's thunderbolt against Villa,

It seems to me that everything that does come off is from the wings.

Edited by Happy Face

I thought our left wing play yesterday was laboured and predictable, time and again the ball went left and it was the same move. It was difficult for Jonas as they had 4 in front of goal and a bank of 4 in front of that so finding space was tough.

Back on topic, has anyone got any video of the brilliant bit of jiggery pokery where Ben Arfa left em for dead just inside the box?

I may have built it up in my head, but I'm pretty sure he went into the matrix, activated bullet time and kicked the ball with both feet at the same time :lol:

Back on topic, has anyone got any video of the brilliant bit of jiggery pokery where Ben Arfa left em for dead just inside the box?

I may have built it up in my head, but I'm pretty sure he went into the matrix, activated bullet time and kicked the ball with both feet at the same time :lol:

:lol: I would expect that somebody will make a compilation of his cameo yesterday. As there's been a few kicking around since he played for us.