The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He brought on Vuckic too to play in midfield. :lol:

So he's decided Benny's not to be played in central midfield either?

It's pathetic. One the best players we can hope to attract being systematically and deliberately alienated.

Absolutely baffling why he didn't get on today we needed a spark something Ben Arfa can provide but we leave fucking Obertan on till the 80th minute then bring on two youth players, seriously not the time to play Sammy but especially Vuckic. Ben Arfa can play anywhere across midfield yet Pardew seems to have in his head he can only play one specific position that he rarely lines up with.

Tell you what, if it turns out that Ben Arfa has been acting the cock or has a knock there'll be a shortage of humble pie.

Aye, especially since he's been having a little cameo in the side as of late. You don't start against Man City only to be ostracized by the manager.

This whole thread is what the :jesuswept: smiley was made for tbh.

If Tioté is fit the next game, it means the player picked to play next to him could be in the position defined by Pardew when talking about Ben Arfa as a number 10. Higher up in the centre and behind the strikers.

Might he start then?

If Tioté is fit the next game, it means the player picked to play next to him could be in the position defined by Pardew when talking about Ben Arfa as a number 10. Higher up in the centre and behind the strikers.

Might he start then?

I think, given Cabaye's absence, Pardew will be tempted to play Abeid/Vuckic just in front of Tiote. Whether that means he'll want the creativity lost through Dreamboat's absence to be supplied by BenArfa, is another matter. A worry for me is if he were to play Tiote as a lone central midfielder with Ben Arfa behind two strikers the opposition midfield would overrun Cheik (or pass around him). Personally, I'd play a 4-1-3-1-1 with Tiote behind Abeid behind Ben Arfa behind Ba. However, Ba has played well alongside a physical striker like BEst. Doesn't mean he can't play well with a slighter, more dynamic partner, but I get the impression Pardew doesn't like to tinker

Was listening to Pardew on the radio. Said that he wanted Ba, Best and tiote to get a game today so HBA was on the bench. Said that he wants to ease him back into the game (not sure how much easing half a season is already like). Then went on to say that at the end he felt Shola up front on the end of balls in would give us more of a chance than HBA up front. Suggested HBA might get a game mid week.

He brought on Vuckic too to play in midfield. :lol:

So he's decided Benny's not to be played in central midfield either?

It's pathetic. One the best players we can hope to attract being systematically and deliberately alienated.

Pardew is becoming very one dimensional and stubborn.

Even a monkey can see when a team sits deep and the two lines of four are close together, just chucking endless questionable balls in from the wing becomes pointless. It was like watching 80's football today.

Was listening to Pardew on the radio. Said that he wanted Ba, Best and tiote to get a game today so HBA was on the bench. Said that he wants to ease him back into the game (not sure how much easing half a season is already like). Then went on to say that at the end he felt Shola up front on the end of balls in would give us more of a chance than HBA up front. Suggested HBA might get a game mid week.

The idea is to win matches 'getting games' has nowt to do with it.

I'd just fly back to France if I was HBA. Wasted.

Haven't you done enough? The seed is sewn

I think, given Cabaye's absence, Pardew will be tempted to play Abeid/Vuckic just in front of Tiote. Whether that means he'll want the creativity lost through Dreamboat's absence to be supplied by BenArfa, is another matter. A worry for me is if he were to play Tiote as a lone central midfielder with Ben Arfa behind two strikers the opposition midfield would overrun Cheik (or pass around him). Personally, I'd play a 4-1-3-1-1 with Tiote behind Abeid behind Ben Arfa behind Ba. However, Ba has played well alongside a physical striker like BEst. Doesn't mean he can't play well with a slighter, more dynamic partner, but I get the impression Pardew doesn't like to tinker

We should certainly not be looking to break up Best-Ba and especially not at home.

Playing Ben Arfa next to Tioté isn't necessarily the only answer, but it's just Pardew has defined HBA as a number 10 and because we don't really play with a playmaker if Cabaye is there, hasn't put Benny anywhere. Wednesday seems like the very definition of a situation where he'd use HBA. If he doesn't it would just continue this worrying trend.

And for HBA to be behind Sammy and Vuckic seemingly at any position in midfield is frustrating.

Haven't you done enough? The seed is sewn

Looking up Air France as we speak bro. :lol:

Pardew has got too obsessed with his belief he can't play out wide which is simply wrong. I agree his best position is behind a striker or in a free role, and i know Pardew wants wingers to do certain jobs in attack and defence but there are times when he can stick him wide with the option obviously of cutting in just to get another flair/creative player in the mix when we need to turn a game, like today.