The No. 10.

Park Life

I think there is more to the HBA debacle than we know, either attitude or poor training or, as barney says, Pardew doesnt trust him to follow tactics

given that we BATTERED swansea yesterday I don't see any changes that aren't forced

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is more to the HBA debacle than we know, either attitude or poor training or, as barney says, Pardew doesnt trust him to follow tactics

given that we BATTERED swansea yesterday I don't see any changes that aren't forced

We didn't threaten their goal nearly enough in the second half though.

Hm, yeah maybe saying that was a bit far, and I'm not saying that I don't think he's excellent. I just don't think in the games that he's played so far this season that he's really warranted the class above tag. I think that on his day he's unplayable, but he's not hit his stride yet this season, and I hope pardew gives him a run so that he can get something going.

I can't see pardew wanting to put him on the wing as he's hardly going to cover simpson at all, which whilst obertan doesn't do much of, he makes an attempt at it. I don't know, just with our current system I can't see Ben arfa fitting in anywhere, hopefully he'll get a run out on wednesday and show what he can do.

Of course that's what we all hope to see all the technical qualities of HBA against Man City and United he showed us his talent against WBA then there's no reason it is not decisive

Ben Afra était mon joueur français préféré même avant qu'il est venu à Newcastle. Mais gardez ceci un secret. ;)

Speaking french to our new female resident wont get your dick sucked Parky, Im sorry :(

Nah mate I dont think anyone on here is viewing him as the second coming of Messi :lol:

What some - including myself - think though, is that here we have a player who is potentially a class above everyone else in the team - but in order for him to develop, we need to play him enough so that he gets back into his stride. I just view him as more talented than our other options, thats why I want him on.

If he's acting the cunt better to maintain the discipline for the rest of the squad. I fear pardoo doesn't quite have the man management chops of bobby Robson and this could get nasty.

I think this may have something to do with him not getting on, would add up. I hope not though.

Said elsewhere its chicken and egg, but he has no excuse for an unprofessional attitude, pardew doesn't need an excuse.

What are you referring to?

Nah mate I dont think anyone on here is viewing him as the second coming of Messi :lol:

What some - including myself - think though, is that here we have a player who is potentially a class above everyone else in the team - but in order for him to develop, we need to play him enough so that he gets back into his stride. I just view him as more talented than our other options, thats why I want him on.

If he's acting the cunt better to maintain the discipline for the rest of the squad. I fear pardoo doesn't quite have the man management chops of bobby Robson and this could get nasty.

I think this may have something to do with him not getting on, would add up. I hope not though.

Said elsewhere its chicken and egg, but he has no excuse for an unprofessional attitude, pardew doesn't need an excuse.

What are you referring to?

If he's acting the cunt....as his body language seemed to exude in his warm up.

Journal

Meanwhile, flamboyant playmaker Hatem Ben Arfa was again left on the bench and was once more left kicking his heels on the bench as an unused substitute.

Speculation has been rife of a possible fall-out between player and management but Pardew insists
it is merely a case of others being ahead in the pecking order
with Ben Arfa having to be patient.

He continued: “Hatem is hungry and ready. Hopefully he is hungry when his chance comes. As to
when that will come, I don’t know.”

If he truly thinks Best, Vuckic, Sammy and Shola are ahead in the pecking order, in terms of enhancing the overall quality of the team, it's a very depressing thought, and a long list to climb to the top of by Wednesday night.

I just wonder if there is a bit of old fashioned man management going on.

ie He's playing johnny big bollocks behind the scenes, not giving his all in training and this is Pardews way of knocking him down a peg or two.

Making him sit on the bench and sending "lesser players" on ahead of him is probably worse than leaving him out all together.

The outcome will be that he knuckles down and goes on to greatness with us or he puts in a transfer request. Given his past history Im sure he ideally wouldnt want to leave here under a cloud.

Pure speculation of course however I struggle to think of any other reason he wasnt used at some point on Saturday.

Mascherano on the bench, Tevez on the bench.... HBA on the bench..

That would work if if we'd gone a whole season with little involvement in terms of Ben Arfa playing. And if Ben Arfa's transfer was dodgy. Except he has played, it's only December and people are looking for conspiracies because he chose to play Vuckic and the Ameobis instead.

Yes he may be talanted but players do have different roles and maybe Pardew felt the aforementioned subs were more suited to what he wanted. In retrospect I imagine he realises that perhaps Ben Arfa might have a better option.

He'll probably play the next game and some people will feel a little silly.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

People like Pardew who've gone on record to say four players are ahead in the pecking order one day...only for Ben Arfa to overtake all four of them, four days later.

Pardew said there were no pockets of space for Ben Arfa to work in, so thought deep crosses would work instead-hence SAmeobi and Shola.

All well and good as an excuse for Shola's appearance...doesn't explain to me why Best started though. Was surprised to see him getting some praise in the match thread, thought he was pretty much gash.

People like Pardew who've gone on record to say four players are ahead in the pecking order one day...only for Ben Arfa to overtake all four of them, four days later.

Where are those quotes?

Seems that he's stated that he didn't use Ben Arfa because he didn't think he'd find space

Where are those quotes?

Seems that he's stated that he didn't use Ben Arfa because he didn't think he'd find space

Suppose it is the Journals words rather than Pardoo

I don't understand, what joy does Pardew find in punishing Ben-Arfa, he had his leg broken and his first season ruined while he was doing everything for his team, isn't that punishment enough? Let him play his part heavens sake, don't unsettle him just because you want to set one of your idiot examples, Pardew...

I don't understand, what joy does Pardew find in punishing Ben-Arfa, he had his leg broken and his first season ruined while he was doing everything for his team, isn't that punishment enough? Let him play his part heavens sake, don't unsettle him just because you want to set one of your idiot examples, Pardew...

The worrying thing is that I can't tell if you're being serious or not.