The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sums up his career here to be honest.

If the manager genuinely believes the team is more balanced without Ben Arfa in it then fair enough. I have little doubt though that we'll need him to get us out of some sticky situations again before too long.

He doesn't want to drop Tiote so shoehorns Siss into the side (another worker bee).

Edited by Park Life

If you want to point out any comment I've made regarding any of the players mentioned that you feel to be disproportionate in it's praise feel free. In addition point out where I've used the defence ''they just can't see it''

If not, shut up.

You do it all the time man and talk down to people.

Although Santons been on the whole poor you come out with pearlers like .....

Some people know a good player when they see one. Some don't

and

If you can't appreciate how revered Santon is in Italy & across European football I can only imagine it stems from you ''only watching Newcastle'' or having a poorly developed knowledge of the game.

Maybe just wind it in a bit ;)

Santon hasn't been ''poor on the whole'' at all. You're talking utter shite - &I ''don't put people down regularly either'' :lol:

No way whatsoever is that a 'pearler' you'll have to try harder & if you think it is take a good look at yourself. Especially when it's in the context of Jose Mourinho appreciating a young lad who's an Italian international. I'm siding with Jose :up:

I'm generally fair with players - again find anything that's disproportionate or untrue regards the players mentioned

You preferred Danny Simpson to Mathieu Debuchy & that's before we get on to wastes of protoplasm like Ferguson, Lua Lua & Marveaux etc. :up:

Santon hasn't been ''poor on the whole'' at all. You're talking utter shite - &I ''don't put people down regularly either''

Listen Tom, you do.

You went on exactly the same ("like a Doyle") when Parky dared to question Santons defensive abilities a few weeks back.

Comments like "most people don't watch games properly", clearly illustrates your perceived higher football intellect than most of your peers.

As I've said many times, some of us just like to watch a game and call it how we see it, a spades a spade and all that.

Santon can be exciting at times going forward and can be poor defensively regardless of what Jose thinks.

Anyway enough of this petty squabbling. :)

Comments like "most people don't watch games properly", clearly illustrates your perceived higher football intellect than most of your peers.

No it doesn't.

Watching in a pub with mates and a few drinks really isn't conducive to proper analysis. At the ground you also get a different perspective which allows a wider appreciation of players work rate, movement and positioning off the ball, but doesn't give you the closer lounge room TV view (poor streams don't count on this front) where you can better appreciate skill, technique and the like. Having watched plenty of games of football in each circumstance I can say with complete confidence that I can in general better appraise a players performance if I'm watching a game with no distractions. The fact that games are on for me late at night/early in the morning means that generally the only distraction I have is posting my comments on here.

You cant really argue with dropping him when we've just beaten Chelsea at home and Spurs away without conceding a goal.

He'll no doubt play a part in the next couple of games. This formation has seemed to work against teams that will press us but the next two wont.

He's playing a system over playing his star players - which is brave management & I'm supportive of it.

He's tried to fit him in & most of his poor performances have been out of position, 2 as a false 9 & one on the left wing. He'll probably get a run out in the second half because I imagine Spurs are going to be hard to break down.

If we'd been losing in the second half, I think we'd have seen him. No real reason to bring him on when ahead.

He's much more likely to be productive against Norwich and WBA as well. Less quality in defence - against teams like Spurs where we can't expect possession, he's just a passenger.

Really? We needed someone to hang onto the ball desperately in the second half. He's one of the few we've got who can. Krul kept us in it today, wont happen every time.

I find that view naive. Spurs would have had better chances with less cover down their right, probably wouldn't have hung on with less shape and less consistently tracking their runners. It was also shape and intensity that kept them at bay, not just Krul.

You could look at it either way, we were failing at retaining the ball or at making two proper passes in a row in the second half. A decent spell of possession up front might have meant less work at the back.

Its all hypothetical though. Im not saying Ben Arfa should have been brought on today, I wouldnt have if I was the manager. But in general Ive always been of the view in situations like these you need someone good on the ball who can release the pressure off the back. Its great when you're able to defend a 1 goal lead but with the quality of attack in the league these days those days will be far and few in between.

He's playing a system over playing his star players - which is brave management & I'm supportive of it.

He's tried to fit him in & most of his poor performances have been out of position, 2 as a false 9 & one on the left wing. He'll probably get a run out in the second half because I imagine Spurs are going to be hard to break down.

At what point does AVB realize the futility of inverted wingers?

the worst double pivot pivot combo Spurs have

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/10/tottenham-hotspur-newcastle-united-premier-league#start-of-comments

leading to...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/oct/29/are-you-a-football-hipster

They're everywhere!!! :D