Newcastle v Swansea

hostile_statue

To return to the game, which I did not like is how Jonas is placed on the ground, I have more insight as a second back left aillier that and try to bring the surplus

In its risk-taking, he has blatantly planted over the ball in one against one is a technical and tactical weakness, courage in maintaining its commitment y'en there is no one like him but he must see the truth in front is not a top player

In mitigation of Pardew the PL does take a fair bit of adapting to as it's much more physical and high tempo than any other league in Europe. It even makes the Bundesliga look pedestrian.

The Bundesliga is the full attack, the scores are pretty impressive even if it means losing 5 3, for them it is not a problem

In any case the Germans favored the attack, I agree that we must have a cohesion in the scheme but not be timid in the game and that Pardew for me is disappointed in his scheme of play

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear ben arfa 10,

don't disagree with the lot, and don't blame or criticize Pardew for anything...according to these people he's a tactical genious, a hero, an angel in darkness...they will always attack you and say you are criticizing him after just ONE bad match. ben arfa is shite. people from the youth system is shite. sometimes I say other things than the lot in here, that's why I'm a moron, dumbass, a wum, a troll, a lier, and a obvious fake profile...

oh, yeah, if you are not from geordieland you're not a real supporter...so please don't come here so often :P

Nice welcome, I just calmly to discuss football and you judge me without knowing me, it's sad.

lol, I was not judging you, I was judging some other people on this forum :P

you did it badly considering i'm an admin, not from geordieland and live in ireland.

What you did was generalise and make yourself look stupid....again, find me a post where someone has called Pardew a tactical genius :)

if Pardew was not a tactical genius how can he be a true managerial hero :P

He's made mistakes this season but overall he's managed and composed a very good first half of the season from a very limited squad. That's no understatement. The real truth is that there aren't enough good players upfront to mind meld with Hatem's frequency and that Pardew has been protecting the full backs with wingers who it's clear have many defensive instructions as well. There perhaps was a change we could have gone 433 but that was before we lost Marveux for the season. Also if you want to keep Guti in the side then a flexible and fast breaking 451 is perhaps the best of all compromises, with two troublemakers with license to cause mayhem behind Ba. Even then they would have to drop off without the ball and Hatem would have to bear this in mind. In the best of all worlds and with the proper backing of a mercurial owner Shola, Best and Obertan wouldn't be starting games, but right now our options are limited.

Edited by Park Life

dear ben arfa 10,

don't disagree with the lot, and don't blame or criticize Pardew for anything...according to these people he's a tactical genious, a hero, an angel in darkness...they will always attack you and say you are criticizing him after just ONE bad match. ben arfa is shite. people from the youth system is shite. sometimes I say other things than the lot in here, that's why I'm a moron, dumbass, a wum, a troll, a lier, and a obvious fake profile...

oh, yeah, if you are not from geordieland you're not a real supporter...so please don't come here so often :P

Nice welcome, I just calmly to discuss football and you judge me without knowing me, it's sad.

you did it badly considering i'm an admin, not from geordieland and live in ireland.

What you did was generalise and make yourself look stupid....again, find me a post where someone has called Pardew a tactical genius :)

He's made mistakes this season but overall he's managed and composed a very good first half of the season from a very limited squad. That's no understatement. The real truth is that there aren't enough good players upfront to mind meld with Hatem's frequency and that Pardew has been protecting the full backs with wingers who it's clear have many defensive instructions as well. There perhaps was a change we could have gone 433 but that was before we lost Marveux for the season. Also if you want to keep Guti in the side then a flexible and fast breaking 451 is perhaps the best of all compromises, with two troublemakers with license to cause mayhem behind Ba. Even then they would have to drop off without the ball and Hatem would have to bear this in mind.

I also think Pardew tries to strike a maximum HBA, but for me it is in this kind of game that could make a difference.

doesn't hide the fact that we have been playing shite in most matches, regardless of results :P this is actually the first match I felt a bit magic was going on. too bad pardew didn't like to freshen up with some new subs a wee bit earlier, I guess he didn't want to risk us winning the match :(

Edited by Aeris

To return to the game, which I did not like is how Jonas is placed on the ground, I have more insight as a second back left aillier that and try to bring the surplus

In its risk-taking, he has blatantly planted over the ball in one against one is a technical and tactical weakness, courage in maintaining its commitment y'en there is no one like him but he must see the truth in front is not a top player

In mitigation of Pardew the PL does take a fair bit of adapting to as it's much more physical and high tempo than any other league in Europe. It even makes the Bundesliga look pedestrian.

The Bundesliga is the full attack, the scores are pretty impressive even if it means losing 5 3, for them it is not a problem

In any case the Germans favored the attack, I agree that we must have a cohesion in the scheme but not be timid in the game and that Pardew for me is disappointed in his scheme of play

Listen ringo I'm HBA's biggest supporter on this forum so no need to worry on that score. What I'm showing you is that the PL is more of a dangerous and complex animal with a lot of power and pace. Small sides without enough quality in depth get turned over.

dear ben arfa 10,

He's made mistakes this season but overall he's managed and composed a very good first half of the season from a very limited squad. That's no understatement. The real truth is that there aren't enough good players upfront to mind meld with Hatem's frequency and that Pardew has been protecting the full backs with wingers who it's clear have many defensive instructions as well. There perhaps was a change we could have gone 433 but that was before we lost Marveux for the season. Also if you want to keep Guti in the side then a flexible and fast breaking 451 is perhaps the best of all compromises, with two troublemakers with license to cause mayhem behind Ba. Even then they would have to drop off without the ball and Hatem would have to bear this in mind.

I also think Pardew tries to strike a maximum HBA, but for me it is in this kind of game that could make a difference.

He should HAVE STARTED against Swansea fullstop. There are some players who need pampering a bit for managers this is often a tougher call and requires a lot of patience and nous.

dear ben arfa 10,

He should HAVE STARTED against Swansea fullstop. There are some players who need pampering a bit for managers this is often a tougher call and requires a lot of patience and nous.

As Obertan

I think maybe Pardew has chosen to nurture Obertan because within Obertan he finds someone like himself. I mean the low IQ, the missing mental presence in the game, the forrest gumpesque pattern of doing some decent mainly based on luck or accident and maybe a bit of pace... there must definitely be some parallels here.

Pardew has to take the blame for our result yesterday, Swansea were there for the taking.

The fact Ben Arfa never got any minutes on the pitch was a disgrace - the gap between midfield and attack was far too much, and we needed somebody to provide that link, especially as Best was non existent.

It's going to be tough for us when Ba goes off to the African Nations Cup, as he really is top class. Can't believe that we got him for a free, as he's superior to Carroll in pretty much all aspects of his game.

On the plus side, Santon looked really good yesterday. He wasn't really tested defensively, but that's to be expected as he was up against Routledge, but some of his forward play was really promising.

Edited by Jonny2J

Pardew has to take the blame for our result yesterday, Swansea were there for the taking.

The fact Ben Arfa never got any minutes on the pitch was a disgrace - the gap between midfield and attack was far too much, and we needed somebody to provide that link, especially as Best was non existent.

It's going to be tough for us when Ba goes off to the African Nations Cup, as he really is top class. Can't believe that we got him for a free, as he's superior to Carroll in pretty much all aspects of his game.

On the plus side, Santon looked really good yesterday. He wasn't really tested defensively, but that's to be expected as he was up against Routledge, but some of his forward play was really promising.

You have summarized what I think the game yesterday

the cell recruitment has no interest in planting the replacement of Ba

why are so many people saying things like 2J has posted there ^ ?

We held possession well, had 22 attempts on goal to swanseas 3, 9 corners to their 1

obviously the problem wasnt in chance creation (which is what we want to see HBA doing) but in just getting the goal, yet everyone says Ba played well (which he did bar scoring)

We held possession well, had 22 attempts on goal to swanseas 3, 9 corners to their 1

obviously the problem wasnt in chance creation (which is what we want to see HBA doing) but in just getting the goal, yet everyone says Ba played well (which he did bar scoring)

Of course that Ba has been the best team

We created some chances in the first half, although I wouldn't say many of them are what you could call 'clear cut' chances. For example, when we got beat off Blackpool at home last season, we created a lot of 'clear cut' chances and their keeper made some really good saves. I really don't remember that yesterday, and Ba made some of his chances out of nothing.

After about 55 minutes, we went a bit flat and it was obvious that we needed a change in both personnel and style.

Of course that Ba has been the best team

of course he has, but he didn't score... admittedly playing devils advocate here a little by complaining about him, he obviously played really well and has been doing for months, but our problem wasn't in midfield yesterday was it? chances were made for us and kept to a minimum for them yet there were no goals despite many opportunities falling to demba

so what needed changing that Ben Arfa would have changed? we didnt need more chances making, we needed the many we did make scoring

After about 55 minutes, we went a bit flat and it was obvious that we needed a change in both personnel and style.

Maybe Pardew didn't want to risk tampering with a team that had served us well in the first half.

End of the day I just hope he's learned from possible mistakes made yesterday.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Winger Gabriel Obertan was singled out for criticism from home supporters and Pardew said: 'That's a bit harsh. Because he is so quick you always want him bursting down the outside.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2075794/Jonas-Gutierrez-eyes-Newcastle-win-West-Brom.html

Pardew has to ask the right questions about the performance against Obertan, defend it well, but being blind on his way to play something else