Newcastle v West Brom Wed 21st Kick Off 7.45pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I have to question Pardoo.

(1) Why didn't he start Williamson instead of Perch?

(2) Why did he wait so long before he brought on BenArfa?

(3) Why did he leave Oberton on so long?

(4) Why did he leave Best on so long?

(5) Couldn't he see Best & Oberton weren't contributing much to the game.

(6) Why did he take Santon off? Did I miss something.

Surprised to see Vucic start, even more surprised at how well he did.

Tiote was pretty awful.

Ba is beginning to look more & more like a No. 9.

1 - Clearly wasn't ready physically, understandable.

2 - No idea

3 - No idea

4 - No idea

5 - Beyond me, you'd have to ask the man himself because no-one else understands it.

6 - Minor injury.

As an isolated result, conceding 3 goals at home - against west brom - supports his arguement I reckon. But we have amassed too many points already to be involved in the relegation fight. But if this continues, sliding down to 12-13th is not unlikely if our january window turns out similar to last january...

Bullshit can you use any isolated result to prove a point. I bet most teams would have a result like this which supports an argument they're relegation candidates. We're just not relegation candidates anyway, the teams around the 10th best in the league and there's teams like Blackburn and Bolton who are fucking diabolical. Using a game in which we played well but didn't have a full strength defence against a team that's in the top half of the table as evidence we'll be away to Doncaster next year is fucking ridiculous.

We wont go down obviously. But the way we are picking up points now, and if we keep playing perch, obertan and best - I cant see us doing much better than 10th.

Imo we need to step away from the massively flawed 4-4-2 formation Pardew seems intent on playing. Teams are starting to figure us out and it shows.

Bullshit can you use any isolated result to prove a point. I bet most teams would have a result like this which supports an argument they're relegation candidates. We're just not relegation candidates anyway, the teams around the 10th best in the league and there's teams like Blackburn and Bolton who are fucking diabolical. Using a game in which we played well but didn't have a full strength defence against a team that's in the top half of the table as evidence we'll be away to Doncaster next year is fucking ridiculous.

You are making excuses where there are none to be given. West brom are also struggling with injuries, and at home at st.james - conceding 3 goals against them is not acceptable. There is a subtle difference between looking like relegation candidates, and being one of them. I can agree with the former, but laugh of the latter.

Was at the game yesterday and I'm not sure what I'm more narked off about, some of the fans at the game, or the result. Some of the 'fans' around me in the Gallowgate only seemed to be their to get on our own players backs instead of getting behind the team and when Obertan was booed off the field I was ashamed tbh absolutely shocking, at no point should you single a player out for abuse, it'll do him no good at all. No matter how bad a player plays you don't single them out

Was at the game yesterday and I'm not sure what I'm more narked off about, some of the fans at the game, or the result. Some of the 'fans' around me in the Gallowgate only seemed to be their to get on our own players backs instead of getting behind the team and when Obertan was booed off the field I was ashamed tbh absolutely shocking, at no point should you single a player out for abuse, it'll do him no good at all. No matter how bad a player plays you don't single them out

If he did start crying he's sink the North of England. Best be careful.

Still gutted Vuckic didn't score. I mean if we'd have lost, at least he would have had that which would have been a very good thing towards his development.

Either way I was impressed. I'd love to see him and Ben Arfa floating around behind Ba in a 433 more often, but that would leave us too narrow unless the FBs really upped their game.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Still gutted Vuckic didn't score. I mean if we'd have lost, at least he would have had that which would have been a very good thing towards his development.

Either way I was impressed. I'd love to see him and Ben Arfa floating around behind Ba in a 433 more often, but that would leave us too narrow unless the FBs really upped their game.

I'd like to see that tried or a variation of it.

On the plus side... Pardew is - how do I put this delicately - conservative when it comes to changes in his starting XI. Lets be honest here,he was never going to drop Obertan or alter the squad significantly as long as we kept picking up points, nearly regardless how "some" players performed out there. I was - and is - a critic of our 4-4-2 system with the wingers we currently have. If the outcome of this dip in form is that we change our tactics a bit, best and obertan gets dropped and ben arfa given a chance, I am hopeful something good can come out of this.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

And it'll take at least another 6 like we've had to make us relegation candidates.

Injuries and suspensions are mainly to blame, hopefully utilising other options we have (Williamson over Perch for instance) as well as expected spending in January will set us back on the right track. Our form is poor but it's hardly irreversible.

And it'll take at least another 6 like we've had to make us relegation candidates.

Injuries and suspensions are mainly to blame, hopefully utilising other options we have (Williamson over Perch for instance) as well as expected spending in January will set us back on the right track. Our form is poor but it's hardly irreversible.

:lol:

On a serious note, lack of depth following injuries is one big factor in terms of squad strength - everyone struggles with injuries but when you have bonafide poo on the bench it can transform a delicate side such as ours. Our first elleven is genuine top-7 material but for every injury you can safely push us a few places down the table in terms of how good we are.

our injury woes aren't even bad. Steven Taylor is the only injured first teamer. And he ain't coming back soon. If that's all it takes to descend into relegation form of 2 points out of 18, then we really should be worried.

Edited by Happy Face

There is another injury you are neglecting to mention there HF, and it is a crucial one: Pardew's brain damage. He has decided that our most talented player--who has shown himself capable of penetrating the defences of the very top teams (earned us a penalty vs Manure, laid a chance on a plate for Demba vs City)--is not worthy of a place in the starting 11. Instead we get to see the likes of Leon Best ply their trade again and again. Maybe HBA has displayed a bad attitude behind the scenes in recent weeks, but what do you expect him to say? "Well, I guess I'm not in the team this week and that's disappointing, but it is only to be expected, as I am but a shadow of the likes of Gabriel Obertan." No, he's going to kick off.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I dont care if he is smoking cigarettes behind the ball-shed during training or shags gabby obertans big-titted girlfriend in his car during lunch breaks. He starts. In a team where other firstteamers include squidward, Leon championship at Best and Danny longballs simpson, he fucking starts.

Edited by Lake Bells tits