Newcastle may delay striker signing until summer

Lake Bells tits

Mike Ashley has CHOSEN to make Newcastle United a selling club, nobody is forcing him to do it, its his choice to sell our best players and pocket the cash.

Where does the money come from? It's a very simple question.

what happened to the 14th biggest revenues in football ? Thats a very simple question, isn't it ?

I've got to say, again, that as you appear to have little perception of the size and potential of NUFC, answering these sort of questions is becoming very tedious, if you continue to believe we should behave like clubs such as Bolton and Blackburn do, and compete at their levels and using their rules.

You can't use revenue as an argument without looking at costs. We have been losing money for a long time now and cash has been put into the club to make up that shortfall.

The word coming out of the club is that we should be coming close to breaking even. Ashley has previously spoken of his willingness to put in £25 million per year, he has been doing that and more in the past. If he continues to do that while the club's operations are running at break even then that could make a big difference to the team.

So he may chose to continue investing in the club and growing the team or he may decide to reduce his input and feel that he has done enough already and that the club should be self-sufficient. My guess is that it will be the latter.

So all he had to do was cut costs and retain revenues ? How do you do that in football ? Should be easy enough for a financial whizz kid like Mike, or as was said, anybody as the old owners were so shit that anybody with half a brain could do better ?

Sorry for that, but sometimes its necessary. Maybe you could tell us ? 14th in revenues ? Where did it all go wrong, how come we are selling our best players with the 14th biggest revenues in football and how come the money is disappearing in the way it is ?

Why the fixation with revenues? Man City are currently sitting 11th in the revenue table but are making unsustainable losses. You need to look at the big picture.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unlike selling them and pocketing the cash such as 2nd rate clubs that are half our size.

What cash has been pocketed?

I've explained a thousand times. I'm fed up of your footballing ignorance.

It's a simple question and requires a simple answer. Who has pocketed money?

Semantics Ewerk, I dont know why you bother arguing in what vault the money is stored. The fact is its nowhere to be seen regarding squad investments.

Does it matter where the money is as long as the team doesnt see a penny of it?

You know perfectly well what he meant, stop being a mug.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Semantics Ewerk, I dont know why you bother arguing in what vault the money is stored. The fact is its nowhere to be seen regarding squad investments.

Leazes himself doesn't even know what "pocketing" means, so how could Ewerk possibly know what Leazes meant ?

Leazes himself doesn't even know what "pocketing" means, so how could Ewerk possibly know what Leazes meant ?

where is the carroll money ?

Where did you think it was going to go in the summer deadline, before you "re-assesed" Ashley as "recouping". Maybe ewerk will insist you answer this, but I'm not holding my breath.

He sees the team play, and puts his cash into the club, as often as you do. See my Ashley apologist thread.

No chance with the namby pamby left wing mods we have on this board prepared to defend people's right to free speech.

Do YOU think we will replace Carroll with a suitable quality replacement to play alongside Ba ?

Answer the question, which is directly related to the thread title.

Where did you think it was going to go in the summer deadline, before you "re-assesed" Ashley as "recouping". Maybe ewerk will insist you answer this, but I'm not holding my breath.

He sees the team play, and puts his cash into the club, as often as you do. See my Ashley apologist thread.

The thread which you started and got shot down in flames, spectacular own goal that one

Why do you keep going on about the Carroll money being pocketed??

Ashley owns the club, lock,stock the lot. Like it or not, a vast majority don't including your non existent Ashley apologists. It's his money he bought the club with the money that comes in is his money the money that goes on wages/transfers is his money. The millions he's put into the club is his money.

The club has running costs which you don't comprehend, he wants the club to be self suffient, he's said it, its no secret. Will we challenge for C.L.? NO we won't. Can we get into the Europa league? YES. Could we win a cup? YES

It's as good as it gets until we are bankrolled by a mega bucks investor, deal with it and move on

The thread which you started and got shot down in flames, spectacular own goal that one

Ashley owns the club, lock,stock the lot. Like it or not, a vast majority don't including your non existent Ashley apologists. It's his money he bought the club with the money that comes in is his money the money that goes on wages/transfers is his money. The millions he's put into the club is his money.

The club has running costs which you don't comprehend, he wants the club to be self suffient, he's said it, its no secret. Will we challenge for C.L.? NO we won't. Can we get into the Europa league? YES. Could we win a cup? YES

It's as good as it gets until we are bankrolled by a mega bucks investor, deal with it and move on

the thread I started, has only been directly answered by one person, and that person isn't you chum.

I agree that this is as good as it gets under Mike Ashley, I've been telling you since August this league position will not be sustained, because his policy is such that so long as the club survives in the premiership he is happy. This is the limit of his ambition. People who don't put their cash into the club and so are looking in from the outside, may be happy with that, but people who actively support the club can see the club is bigger than this [well, most can anyway]. That is the point of my thread about Mike Ashley and his apologists, nothing more nothing less.

I don't get why you say "deal with it". Deal with what ? The situation is as I've explained, if you agree, then why not stop deluding yourself and actually deal with the fact that he is underselling the club by running it on the lines of smaller premiership clubs that are nowhere near the size and potential of NUFC.

This is the reality, accept it and stop arguing. We should not be selling our best players and pocketing the cash or directing it elsewhere, it should be going to the manager to replace players and build the best possible football team and squad, all of it. Anything but this is the policy of a small time club, not a big progressive one, which is what NUFC ought to be.

the thread I started, has only been directly answered by one person, and that person isn't you chum.

I agree that this is as good as it gets under Mike Ashley, I've been telling you since August this league position will not be sustained, because his policy is such that so long as the club survives in the premiership he is happy. This is the limit of his ambition. People who don't put their cash into the club and so are looking in from the outside, may be happy with that, but people who actively support the club can see the club is bigger than this [well, most can anyway]. That is the point of my thread about Mike Ashley and his apologists, nothing more nothing less.

I don't get why you say "deal with it". Deal with what ? The situation is as I've explained, if you agree, then why not stop deluding yourself and actually deal with the fact that he is underselling the club by running it on the lines of smaller premiership clubs that are nowhere near the size and potential of NUFC.

This is the reality, accept it and stop arguing. We should not be selling our best players and pocketing the cash or directing it elsewhere, it should be going to the manager to replace players and build the best possible football team and squad, all of it. Anything but this is the policy of a small time club, not a big progressive one, which is what NUFC ought to be.

7th? Think we may maintain it, good chance anyway

He's running the club within its means, he's not bankrolling it to an exstent of spunkung loads of his cash but he's putting money in to keep things ticking over, he's not putting the club onto hundreds of millions of debt either.

This is how he wants to do it, I think long term he will look at how spurs have done it. 6 or 7 years ago they were miles off the pace, they also sold players for big money. I don't know if this will work for us, nobody has a crystal ball and if the rich clubs continue the way they are the gaps will increase.

I don't think you will find a single person on here who wouldn't like to be challenging at the top but we need to face facts as bitter a pill as it is to swallow. In the short to medium term its going to be looking at top 6-8, win a cup and build slowly unless we get bought out by a multi billionaire

No chance with the namby pamby left wing mods we have on this board prepared to defend people's right to free speech.

Do YOU think we will replace Carroll with a suitable quality replacement to play alongside Ba ?

Answer the question, which is directly related to the thread title.

isnt Ba his replacement?

No. Ba is for the record a way better striker than Carroll, but the caroll replacement was promised to be of "hallowed #9" caliber and a marque signing. Which Ba of cource has turned out to be, but was never intended.

That being said, Ba being such a success I think they may get away with signing sweet fuck all.

No. Ba is for the record a way better striker than Carroll, but the caroll replacement was promised to be of "hallowed #9" caliber and a marque signing. Which Ba of cource has turned out to be, but was never intended.

That being said, Ba being such a success I think they may get away with signing sweet fuck all.

No one has ever said that.

We should expect nothing at all, like I've been pointing out too many times now. Especially when mr.Mouthpiece is flowing over with excuses even before the window has opened. I expect some half developed 21+ crock at best...

In the club

I hoped Ashley would continue to subsidise the running costs of the club and the "Carroll money" would have been "free" to use on the team. It would appear that he's not prepapred to subsidise the club any longer so the Carroll money went to cover club running costs and I am guessing some reduction in the debt.

First owner we've EVER had who subsidised the club with his own cash btw, and yes I still think he's a cunt.

Pity debts have to be repaid, but we all know who started digging the debt hole, or building the debt mountain.

Easy

I reckon it'll be a good few years before we see Ashley take a penny out of the club i.e. before he "pockets" anything

Edited by Toonpack