Suarez a racist

2bias

A post from a Newcastle-supporting Puerto Rican from the NYC supporters club:

Suarez Spanish Discrepancy Breakdown.

I read some Suarez reports justifying what he said, and although maybe not a lot of people care, I think there is some ignorance when defending him due to people not understanding latino culture.

Suarez called Evra "Negrito" which is, "Little Black Man" in spanish. Although not used as a direct translation, in Puerto Rico for example and most of latin america, "Negrito" a diminutive of, is normally a term of endearment. Used within the community cause most of the time (at least back home) a lot of us are mixed and the product of.

Now, take that out of context when you are someone like Suarez and apply that same term to a black person who is not tied culturally to you in any way. It's like a tourist visiting and calling someone in my island "negrito". It wouldn't go well. All in All, in a physical altercation and competitive sport, no latino person would use that word without acknowledging it's negative connotation. Sorry LFC fans, He knew better.

He isnt from puerto rico though is he. He has a history of this.

Of racially abusing players? When?

And the thing I quoted isn't saying Suarez is in the right, its saying the exact opposite. The point is that the word 'negrito' in Latin America is only used endearingly among friends, and would not be said to someone who you're not familiar with.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's either on the wind up, or a total cock, Fish. Either way, you're wasting your time trying to engage intelligently with him.

It's either this or do some work...

I know you of all people could understand my dilemma

If i could work out if he was actually racist i'd hoof him, but what i thought he was implying with the post about anfield etc is Liverpool is filled with them and there wouldn't be many caught in the fire etc.

Not asking him to be banned or owt. Just think he has that faint aroma of being a bit brown shirts and bovva boots,

I've read far more blatant racism on here that's gone unpunished tbf.

exactly. i've not even said anything racist :( guys just being thankless because I try to make humour of this situation :P when did this forum get so god damn political correct all of the sudden. dissapointed.

I think it's unfair in the sense that it seems to be down to just Evra's word that the charge has been sanctioned on, which is wrong in any case here/law or otherwise, (made worse since it's evra and he's an untrustworthy weaselly prick n'all)

i don't doubt he's said it though, and frankly with proper evidence i'd want more than 8games brought against him, infact bugger the fine and double the ban at least is much more of a penalty to both club/player

He has a history of this in the dutch league. He should be banned full stop.

Justice doesn't really work like that though, your found and charged case by case, and in this one he's been found guilty by nothing more than the here-say of the accuser which is a joke.

(like i say i'm not arguing the mans not a scumbag or that an 8game ban for something of this nature is a joke, but the manner in which it's happened is).

FA/FIFA and the rest are all horrendous with punishments like, especially when it's anyone high profile/a draw for something, rooney & the euros is another monumental cockup, as will be the Terry case when it comes up.

Have the fa released their own findings and reasoning yet? Or is.the 'only on evra' thing just from Liverpool's pissy little statement?

I've read far more blatant racism on here that's gone unpunished tbf.

exactly. i've not even said anything racist guys just being thankless because I try to make humour of this situation when did this forum get so god damn political correct all of the sudden. dissapointed.

It's not but youre a total cock so people will jump on you

I think it's unfair in the sense that it seems to be down to just Evra's word that the charge has been sanctioned on, which is wrong in any case here/law or otherwise, (made worse since it's evra and he's an untrustworthy weaselly prick n'all)

i don't doubt he's said it though, and frankly with proper evidence i'd want more than 8games brought against him, infact bugger the fine and double the ban at least is much more of a penalty to both club/player

He has a history of this in the dutch league. He should be banned full stop.

Justice doesn't really work like that though, your found and charged case by case, and in this one he's been found guilty by nothing more than the here-say of the accuser which is a joke.

(like i say i'm not arguing the mans not a scumbag or that an 8game ban for something of this nature is a joke, but the manner in which it's happened is).

FA/FIFA and the rest are all horrendous with punishments like, especially when it's anyone high profile/a draw for something, rooney & the euros is another monumental cockup, as will be the Terry case when it comes up.

Why, because he should have never had a 3 game ban?

He's guilty as sin tbh, why he would be repeating a term of endearment over and over in the middle of a row is beyond me, probably because its bullshit.

The Liverpool statement is an embarrassment too. He can't have said anything racist cos he plays with black lads and his dads black! Means fuck all. Im not racist but if I called someone at work a nigger I'd be done for it regardless.

He's guilty as sin tbh, why he would be repeating a term of endearment over and over in the middle of a row is beyond me, probably because its bullshit.

The Liverpool statement is an embarrassment too. He can't have said anything racist cos he plays with black lads and his dads black! Means fuck all. Im not racist but if I called someone at work a nigger I'd be done for it regardless.

Aye, spot on.

Rooneys was a petty little kick to the back of the leg, Arshavin was a petty kick aswell. Rooney got a 3 game ban, Arshavin got a 2 game ban. Fair enough to FIFA, they obviously couldn't remember 4 years back, once it was pointed out to them they sorted it. A 3 game ban at a 6 game max competition, are you mental? :lol:

I believe "negrito" is actually used similarly as the word pygmee according to wikipedia. Would pygmee without the direct reference to color be a racist insult?

Edited by Aeris

I believe "negrito" is actually used similarly as the word pygmee according to wikipedia. Would pygmee without the direct reference to color be a racist insult?

If you mean pygmy, then colour is irrelevent because pygmy describes a people who're unusually short. If you mean something else, I'm baffled as pygmee isn't in Wikipedia.

At first I thought you were racist, then I thought you stupid, now I've concluded you're both.

If you mean pygmy, then colour is irrelevent because pygmy describes a people who're unusually short. If you mean something else, I'm baffled as pygmee isn't in Wikipedia.

At first I thought you were racist, then I thought you stupid, now I've concluded you're both.

He's a WUM mate that post is clearly looking for a bite. Suarez is a scumbag glad he got done for this hope the 8 match ban is upheld.

I think the problem is that neither FIFA, the FA nor UEFA have a consistent message on pretty much anything.

the fines handed out by organisations to teams whose fans racially abuse players are pitiful. At the very least, the FA's 8 game ban for Suarez is encouraging, but until it's the rule rather than the exception racism will still exist in football.

There's a big cultural clash here really, but that don't make it right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15789703.stm

"England needs to understand how the rest of the world lives. If we have that understanding, easy."

Basically we import these diegos from minor colonies, 3rd world nations and the like, then expect them to catch up on our latest PC culture whilst simultaneously putting them on a diamond and cocaine encrusted pedestal. No wonder they end up on the wrong side of the Daily Mail.

We should be working with their native lands to abolish endemic racism, as proliferated by ourselves and our European cousins back in the day. Kick racism out of the nations we formerly pillaged. PC world and currys for all.

Liverpool's defence is utterly classless and moronic. His defence has blatantly been this 'negrito is a term of endearment' claptrap (up there with such classic retard excuses for racism as 'black people call each other niggers' and 'paki is just a shortened form of Pakistani') so he's pretty much admitted it himself.

In what fucked up country is 'my little black friend' a term of endearment rather than patronising racism btw?

Glad the little cunt has been banned. MT is spot on about this place btw, I'm not saying people should be banned but to claim that racism isn't tolerated here is an outright lie.