Suarez a racist

2bias

Luis Suarez bite ban: Uruguay President Jose Mujica insults Fifa

Uruguay's President Jose Mujica has called football's world governing body Fifa "a bunch of old sons of bitches" over Luis Suarez's four-month ban.

The 79-year-old described the punishment, which also included a suspension for nine international matches, as a "fascist ban".

Suarez received the harshest sanction in World Cup history for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Mujica is renowned for his plain-speaking manner.

He made the comments to state TV at a reception for the Uruguay team, following their elimination from the World Cup last 16 by Colombia.

The president covered his mouth to feign shock at what he had said, but told journalists to "publish it" when asked if he wanted to rectify his remarks.

The former leftist guerrilla had previously said Suarez was being punished by Fifa because of his humble background.

He also denounced the ban in his weekly radio address as an "eternal shame" in the history of the World Cup.

Oscar Tabarez's side suffered a 2-0 defeat in their last-16 tie against Colombia after being forced to do without their star striker because of the ban.

Uruguay's football federation said it would appeal against Fifa's punishment.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he shouldn't be allowed to play if it's a disorder if there's a known risk to other players then...

4month is a let off they should be over the fcking moon for it, fact is whether it's a bite a headbutt or a punch there's absolutly no comeback from it, no way to justify or defend it (like you could attempt for a mistimed tackle)

And it's the third time it's happened... 4months is a joke.

There's no such disorder. He's just a nasty, impulsive cunt

The apology that read thusly: "The truth is that my colleague Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me." Not, "I bit the poor son of a bitch", but "he collided with my astonishingly protrusive teeth and therefore was damaged in the manner of a bite without me ever biting him."

False contrition is twice as bad.

Edited by acrossthepond

More of the same drivel.

"I was wrong. What I did also damages Ajax's image. I should be a role model as Ajax captain. What Bakkal did was wrong as well, but my behaviour even worse,"

"I am sorry about what happened against PSV. I would like to apologise to Bakkal and the Ajax fans. I realise that my behaviour was wrong. It all happened in the rush of the moment. You can't think properly at such a moment. You feel bad afterwards though and regret your actions."

“I am truly very sorry about the incident with Branislav Ivanovic.

“I hope that all the people who I offended at Anfield last Sunday will grant me forgiveness and I again repeat my apology to Branislav. I would like to explain to everybody that I decided to accept the ban because – while 10 games is clearly greater than those bans given in past cases where players have actually been seriously injured – I acknowledge that my actions were not acceptable on the football pitch.

“So I do not want to give the wrong impression to people by making an appeal.”