Suarez a racist

2bias

Typically not a good idea to defend someone who had admitted a racist comment. Learn and move on, not highlight and get Glen Johnson to suddenly be his best mate.

Thats what I cant get my head around.

He was found guilty after admitting it. Now take it on the chin, not fucking blow it up.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of Rio Ferdinand - all the shit about "but he doesn't take drugs" (read Suarez isn't a racist) - that wasn't the fucking point - you have to react to verdicts correctly.

Let's Kick Liverpool Out of England.

:aye:

They're almost universally hated in this country aren't they. I wonder what impact it would have on the country if we asked Ireland if they wanted Merseyside. Surely Merseyside is a drain on the countries finances. The GDP per capita was about 13k, even in Newcastle it's 16k. They're universally accepted as the biggest tramps in the UK, yet people like paciinofan say they have a well deserved inherent self arrogance.

He has been conspicuous by his absence recently. Normally he'd be straight on here setting us right. Maybe even he realises how fucked up their reaction has been to this.

Sorry Ewerk, been too busy and didn't really have the time or inclination to get involved in the resident bigots hate fest, the season of goodwill and all that. I don't have any problem at all with LFC's reaction.

John Barnes is spot on imo..

John Barnes blasts Luis Suarez 'witch hunt'

Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes has attacked a "witch hunt" against Luis Suarez after he was banned for racially abusing another player.

The Liverpool striker was banned by the FA for eight games for using "insulting words" in reference to Manchester United defender Patrice Evra's colour.

Barnes defended Suarez, saying: "As much as we will say ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

He said that "cultural differences have to be taken into consideration".

Barnes, who played for Liverpool from 1987 to 1997, endured racial abuse throughout his playing career.

Speaking on BBC Radio Merseyside, he said: "From a cultural point of view, [suarez] has been backed by people from Uruguay saying the word he used is not deemed as a racist term."

He continued: "As much as we will say that ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

"Twenty years ago in England, the same people in England now condemning him were ignorant as to what racism is. Why don't they condemn themselves?"

Barnes, who received 79 England caps, continued: "When Manchester United play Liverpool and 10,000 United fans are saying 'you Scouse thieves', I'd like them all to be banned."

"And Liverpool fans too, when they say 'you Manc or whatever'. So where are we going to draw the line? Racism has to be zero tolerance but this is now a witch hunt."

Barnes said: "By admitting [what he said], he obviously didn't feel that what he said was that significant.

"Because he could easily have gotten away with it by saying 'I never said a word'."

Liverpool fan has no problem with the way Liverpool acted. Well fuck me sideways. Apologist nonsense from Barnes who should be ashamed if himself. Because the FA did nothing 20 years ago 'they' (it won't be 'the same people' as Barnes says) should do nothing now? As for equating 'you scouse..' with racist abuse, that's the sort of moronic shit I expect from Leazes.

They're almost universally hated in this country aren't they. I wonder what impact it would have on the country if we asked Ireland if they wanted Merseyside. Surely Merseyside is a drain on the countries finances. The GDP per capita was about 13k, even in Newcastle it's 16k. They're universally accepted as the biggest tramps in the UK, yet people like paciinofan say they have a well deserved inherent self arrogance.

He has been conspicuous by his absence recently. Normally he'd be straight on here setting us right. Maybe even he realises how fucked up their reaction has been to this.

Sorry Ewerk, been too busy and didn't really have the time or inclination to get involved in the resident bigots hate fest, the season of goodwill and all that. I don't have any problem at all with LFC's reaction.

Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes has attacked a "witch hunt" against Luis Suarez after he was banned for racially abusing another player.

The Liverpool striker was banned by the FA for eight games for using "insulting words" in reference to Manchester United defender Patrice Evra's colour.

Barnes defended Suarez, saying: "As much as we will say ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

Barnes, who played for Liverpool from 1987 to 1997, endured racial abuse throughout his playing career.

Speaking on BBC Radio Merseyside, he said: "From a cultural point of view, [suarez] has been backed by people from Uruguay saying the word he used is not deemed as a racist term."

He continued: "As much as we will say that ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

"Twenty years ago in England, the same people in England now condemning him were ignorant as to what racism is. Why don't they condemn themselves?"

Barnes, who received 79 England caps, continued: "When Manchester United play Liverpool and 10,000 United fans are saying 'you Scouse thieves', I'd like them all to be banned."

"And Liverpool fans too, when they say 'you Manc or whatever'. So where are we going to draw the line? Racism has to be zero tolerance but this is now a witch hunt."

Barnes said: "By admitting [what he said], he obviously didn't feel that what he said was that significant.

"Because he could easily have gotten away with it by saying 'I never said a word'."

Luke's already said it, but fucks sake Pacinofan, take the red blinkers off for 30 seconds.

1) player A says phrase

2) phrase is deemed offensive by opposition player B who reports it

3) Governing body finds in favour of Player B and in so doing finds player A guilty of saying something racist

4) Players club, rather than punish player A, decry racism in all sport wihtou mentioning specific incident or keep silent actually back a player who has just been found guilty of racism.

If you can't see that this is fucked, you need your head read. Honestly, if Barton had done something similar I doubt you'd find all but the most buffed of knuckle defending.

One of the worst things about your club. Simply put, your lot can do no wrong.

Grow up.

Suarez didn't admit it because he felt that what he had said was okay, he admitted it because he thought that there would be television footage that captured at least one of the incidents.

LFC is an absolute joke. It would have been much more fitting to wear LKROOF tshirts the other night instead of supporting a man who has openly admitted using racist language.

"I don't understand how all these people nowadays think that what Arab terrorists do is awful, after all 20 years ago it was the Irish doing similar things. How dare any Irishman condemn anything that's happened from 9/11 to now when the IRA did a similar thing, not to mention the fact the British might not have the right to be over there, the British Isles have had terrorism for a long time, so why should they be against what any Jihadists might do?"

Absolutely bullshit point in my above fictitious quote? obviously. That much different from the sort of thing John Barnes said? No, and it may be a complete different situation which has no right in this thread but why not? Nomatter what situation you learn when you're about 5 that two wrongs don't make a right and saying that racism used to be worse just solidifies the reasons Suarez shouldn't hark to those "good old days".

Also, "Fans are mean to each other" has no bearing on the Suarez case. There's a difference in being in a group of people chanting about Munich and joining in (not that I would), because it's a chant and safety in numbers etc means you just think it's what's normal, but being on a football pitch in front of cameras on your own calling a black player whatever he called him is a different kettle of fish, but that doesn't matter to Barnes, or to Suarez, or to Liverpool fans because "We are the victims why do the FA and the rest of England hate us."

Also, ignorance is not an excuse.

Edited by CleeToonFan

I always try and keep away from these sort of discussions and probably should do today. Some people, particularly younger people take a very moral viewpoint with no give whatsoever.

A few of us were discussing this last night and I was mentioning that not so long ago we would sit around and watch the prime time TV comedy of our day and racism in a funny way was very acceptable. To expect a generation used to this sort of racism to suddenly drop it was never going to happen. Obviously it gets passed on down the line.

I think this is where I think it's a bit unfair branding these types as racist when my definition of a racist is someone who hates someone else purely because of skin colour.

I also think a lot of less educated people fall into the category of inserting the most obvious feature into any insult and again get branded a racist.

Example take the word twat and insert Ginger, big eared, goofy, fat or skin tone.

Does a Ginger twat feel any less hurt by the remark?

I sometimes wonder if we really need the law to be so involved and if it would not be better saving it for real examples of racial hatred or discrimination?

The point isn't that he's a racist, CT. It's that he's racially abused someone, which he's admitted. But Liverpool can't get their head around this. However you look at this, their reaction has been staggeringly ill judged.

Example take the word twat and insert Ginger, big eared, goofy, fat or skin tone.

Does a Ginger twat feel any less hurt by the remark?

Was this your mates saying this to you last night, CT?

Kids can be so mean.

black people historically have not been classed as human beings. When you reference their colour as a term of abuse you do so with the entire weight of that historical prejudice.

Ginger people got teased at school.

daft comparison.

I've actually come across a few Liverpool fans who aren't so biased. Amazingly they actually do exist.

Yes, I've heard/read some sensible stuff from Liverpool fans. What's sad to see is that so many people are coloured (careful Alan) by the team they support - even John Barnes has fallen foul of this. You could argue that our view is skewed by Liverpool not being too popular here, but I certainly would have been impressed had they acted the way trophyshy discussed yesterday.

But no, we're back to supporting your club, no matter what, and fuck your principals.

What are you talking about? The law hasn't gotten involved and he wasn't found guilty of being a racist.

It was a more broad point on racism and what sort of people are really racist.

The law are only not involved because no one has complained. In Terrys case they are involved.

How much thought went into Terrys remark or was it the pre inserted comment as mentioned earlier.

I know and have worked with many people who in a suddent angry outburst say something "racist" but are not in their day to day lives any way a racist.

black people historically have not been classed as human beings. When you reference their colour as a term of abuse you do so with the entire weight of that historical prejudice.

Ginger people got teased at school.

daft comparison.

I do understand the point you make HF but I think that's overplayed sometimes by the PC brigade be they White or Black.

You could take a White kid and Black kid having a blazing row on any estate throughout the country and in most cases neither would understand the history. Or for that matter be bothered by it.

Aye.

John Barnes playing the puppet role is pretty sickening too. He does talk sense occasionally on this subject but not on this occasion, clearly playing to an audience where he is still felt in high regard, which is pretty tasteless if you ask me.

The only Liverpool fans I've seen who have said something negative about the clubs total support of Suarez, are black South Africans interviewed on Sky. A true disaster of a club, in every possible way, without question the scummiest club in Europe by a million miles, at least somewhere like Inter Milan or Lazio, where the support is also racist, at least the clubs vehemently are against all forms of racism, and don't condone it in the way this scummiest of organisations have. No wonder they're the most hated people and club on these islands. I genuinely believe they've over taken Manchester United as the nations most hated, and it's because of things like this, and there are too many similar things to mention.

Few quick points.

If Andy Carroll called Evra a " Black Shortarse", there'd be no debate. Basing a comment on the colour of skin is racist. Simple as that.

LFC's defense of Suarez, as laughable as it is tasteless, is entirely expected. It plays perfectly into their perennial victim mindset, and gives them this year's

a) Cause to protest

b ) Ready made excuse for their inevitable failure to win/place highly enough.

Foetus mourning fuckwits.

Edited by Monkeys Fist