Terry to be prosecuted

Gemmill

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of having the same debate with a few knacker neds on here tbh. You think the case was a waste of time, I don't. Opinions are like arseholes. You are one.

Why? because my opinion is different to yours? that makes you sound about as tolerant of others as you claim John Terry to be.

He's entitled to his too. I've a lot of time for everyone's opinion, but when you start throwing insults around from behind a internet connection because yours have been proven to be ill founded it does tend to make you look a bit daft.

He's entitled to his too. I've a lot of time for everyone's opinion, but when you start throwing insults around from behind a internet connection because yours have been proven to be ill founded it does tend to make you look a bit daft.

if I said that, there would be fucking hell on :lol:

Still think it was a complete waste of time like. I think the Police and the CPS were hamstrung in that because it was a race issue they had to do something about it. Anyone involved in anything to do with the criminal justice system will tell you there's more serious crimes with a lot of evidence that get thrown out before a trial purely on the basis the time and money this isn't available. I think this was a high profile cosmetic exercise and they probably knew he'd get off but also knew there'd be hell on / indignant moral outrage if they let it slide. Not that Terry emerges with much credit like although seeing people in the media falling over themselves to state he's an innocent man, you'd almost believe he is. It was ridiculous when the star witness / wronged party didn't know what Terry had said and didn't want the trial to go ahead.

I don't buy the notion that it's highlighted the seriousness of racism either.

Edited by alex

• 2 weeks later...

Difficult to see how the FA can level charges against Terry without charging Ferdinand in some capacity as well.

Then there's the charges that will have to be levelled against the other Ferdinand, the druggie for racist tweets.

Busy, busy, busy.

Guest CabayeAye

Put the whole Ferdinand family (Bar Sir Les) in a big blender with the whole Terry Family, throw the Coles in for good measure, turn it on and see what colour the resultant mess is.

That should settle the argument in a satisfactory manner.

Edited by CabayeAye

Put the whole Ferdinand family (Bar Sir Les) in a big blender with the whole Terry Family, throw the Coles in for good measure, turn it on and see what colour the resultant mess is.

That should settle the argument in a satisfactory manner.

You are just SO sassy!

:lol:

Needs a new avatar

postmantwat.jpg

• 2 months later...

"The justification for banning Terry for just four games, and fining him a week's salary will divide opinion, as will the panel's belief that he is not a racist.

"But that conclusion is also crucial because it enables his employers Chelsea to back him. Others, however, will point to the club's decision to ban a fan for life in May for racially abusing former Blues striker Didier Drogba.

"Terry can insist he's innocent, he can appeal, he can play on, he can refer to his court acquittal, but this written judgement ensures his reputation will always be stained beyond repair."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19842795

"The justification for banning Terry for just four games, and fining him a week's salary will divide opinion, as will the panel's belief that he is not a racist.

"But that conclusion is also crucial because it enables his employers Chelsea to back him. Others, however, will point to the club's decision to ban a fan for life in May for racially abusing former Blues striker Didier Drogba.

"Terry can insist he's innocent, he can appeal, he can play on, he can refer to his court acquittal, but this written judgement ensures his reputation will always be stained beyond repair."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19842795

Think 10 match ban would have been better and perhaps some form of community service in Brixton.

• 3 years later...