African Nations Cup

Holden McGroin

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: love that incident like. Total genius.

As for the ACN, I half hope the Demba twins and Tiote get back early but they've actually went at a decent time for us when you look at the fixture list. There's games coming up that our squad as it is can win without them. I can't see myself watching all of it like but will certainly watch our lot.

From the Guardian;

Equatorial Guinea are unlikely to do well in this year's AfCon, but it won't be for the want of trying: According to the Times of Zambia, the country that was accused of fielding two men in the last African Women's Football Championship, has been trying make nefarious use of home advantage this time round to unsettle group rivals Zambia:

Despite the [Zambia] delegation having entry visas for both Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, 2012 AFCON co-hosts- the team endured a torrid time at both Malabo and Bata airports as the security personnel took their time before allowing the Zambians to proceed.

And after being delayed to connect on a domestic flight, the squad was taken to a sub-standard Carmen Hotel where apart from finding dry taps, the Chipolopolo were made to wait for over three hours before they were served supper.

As the squad were about to take their meals, rodents were seen hovering around the hotel restaurant.

After not being able to shower following training yesteday - because of the lack of water - Zambia moved hotels.