African Nations Cup

Holden McGroin

There are a few people here from Zambia. What are we meant to do?

Also, there are some Equotorial Geunians and some people from the other country in Senegal's group.

Go Senegal against everyone except Equatorland and the other one.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow came here to exchange , and all I see is people insulting my country.... Think I made a mistake. Good luck for your season

Don't be a fanny. We have Leon Best and Shola Ameobi playing up front foe us at the minute. If you can't empathise with that predicament...

Edited by Gemmill

Wow came here to exchange , and all I see is people insulting my country.... Think I made a mistake. Good luck for your season

Don't be a fanny. We have Leon Best and Shola Ameobi playing up front foe us at the minute. If you can't empathise with that predicament...

Don't think he'll be coming back. Shame, but he should have worked out why people want Senegal to lose.

I want Senegal to win the cup and if they do I want us to have a massive Senegalese flag passed around the crowd before the first home game we have the Dembas back. Maybe with the Senegal national anthem being played at the same time.

Don't think he'll be coming back. Shame, but he should have worked out why people want Senegal to lose.

Maybe we are better off without him if he couldn't understand something as simple as that.

See I understand you need a good striker but why ''Fuck Senegal''?! I'm not cheering when Newcastle loses. I want Ba to be good for Senegal and for Newcastle. I'm there in front of the TV wishing luck to newcastle wishing then can get back in the games when they are struggling, but you don't do the same. You have more than 38 games in a season , the guy plays for his country less than 10 times a year.

What will you say if they manage to go through? Will you be hypocrits and sing songs for him when he gets back like ''we are happy you succeded with your country'' or ''Demba we are proud you're a champion''? My impression is you don't like the player, your position is selfish. And you know Ba is often on the internet, what do you think he will think if he happens to read some of your posts when you were happy when his country struggled? You want a player to be attached to your club, to give his 100 percent for you, and hell, the guy is doing that for Newcastle, but in return what support are you giving him for something important to him?

After the guy who did cost 0 $, put 15 goals for you in half a season, you wish he fails defending his flag. That's just unbelievable to me .

See I understand you need a good striker but why ''Fuck Senegal''?! I'm not cheering when Newcastle loses. I want Ba to be good for Senegal and for Newcastle. I'm there in front of the TV wishing luck to newcastle wishing then can get back in the games when they are struggling, but you don't do the same. You have more than 38 games in a season , the guy plays for his country less than 10 times a year.

What will you say if they manage to go through? Will you be hypocrits and sing songs for him when he gets back like ''we are happy you succeded with your country'' or ''Demba we are proud you're a champion''? My impression is you don't like the player, your position is selfish. And you know Ba is often on the internet, what do you think he will think if he happens to read some of your posts when you were happy when his country struggled? You want a player to be attached to your club, to give his 100 percent for you, and hell, the guy is doing that for Newcastle, but in return what support are you giving him for something important to him?

After the guy who did cost 0 $, put 15 goals for you in half a season, you wish he fails defending his flag. That's just unbelievable to me .

If it was a choice between England and Newcastle, everyone on here would pick Newcastle and it would be "fuck England". Club is WAY more important than country in football terms over here (that probably goes for any club as well).

He's contracted to OUR football club, we get no benefit if he's playing in Africa and missing important games for the team who pays his salary.

Fair enough he's representing his country but the attitude on here (albeit mainly tongue-in-cheek) is that we're fucked without him and want him back as soon as possible! (We are completely fucked without him like.)

If the ACN was held during the off season like it should be, then no-one would mind at all and support Senegal all the way. But it's not; it's a competition they hold far too regularly just to squeeze every last penny they can out of an impoverished continent to give it any real credence whatsoever. Fine if it's every 4 years like every other major national tournament but it's not.

Maybe you are Demba Ba though and are testing us. If that's the case, we'll need a photo of you holding up a sign saying 'I am not Paul Wynn - mugrighted' before we start supporting Senegal fully.

Why don't they have it during the summer in line with the euros anyway? is it because of the heat or ?

Probably a combination of that and exposure. You're not going to get many people watching the ACON on tv when the Euros are on.

Why don't they have it during the summer in line with the euros anyway? is it because of the heat or ?

Probably a combination of that and exposure. You're not going to get many people watching the ACON on tv when the Euros are on.

no reason they couldn't be odd number years though, they'd still be able to be every two years then too

no reason they couldn't be odd number years though, they'd still be able to be every two years then too

Yeah, I can't figure that one out. Does the season for African club teams run in line with ours? Because if their seasons last from say March - November, that could explain it perhaps.

Guest CabayeAye

The real question is, why don't FIFA just rod off the African federation and force them to hold it in the summer? Nobody outside of Africa (and arguably a minority inside) gives a square fuck about the ACN.

Yet again, Africa ruins the rest of the world.

The real question is, why don't FIFA just rod off the African federation and force them to hold it in the summer? Nobody outside of Africa (and arguably a minority inside) gives a square fuck about the ACN.

... ? Not sure if serious

:lol:

Is this a serious post?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

You may not be aware, but football is kind of a big deal in Africa, and most Africans care just a bit about their national sides. That's without even addressing the rest.

The African federation wants to hold it in January - that's their right. End of tbh.