From .COM

Craig

Inbound:

Triple play?

Press reports on Monday claimed that Newcastle had made significant progress on three separate incoming transfers, namely Nicolas Anelka (Fenerbahce), Marc Viduka (smoggies) and Luis Boa Morte (Fulham).

More on this as we get it.

Inbound:

Another freebie

However, before any or all of those arrive in toon, the next Newcastle signing is set to be a familiar face and another non-contract deal - that of Lee Clark.

The former toon midfielder has been training with us in recent days and we understand he's set to put pen to paper on a deal.

Why Viduka?

I'm really stumped on this one. Decent finisher but sulky and (if rumours are to be belived) lazy.

Atleast Anelka has some pace about him.

5841[/snapback]

I'd be gutted if we got Viduka, I would prefer us go for Javier Saviola instead.

The very notion of seeing Viduka in a black and white shirt leaves me with a sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach, however....

It has been put to me that Anelka and Viduka is a better option that Shearer and Ameobi. It's certainly no worse IMO.

Why Viduka?

I'm really stumped on this one. Decent finisher but sulky and (if rumours are to be belived) lazy.

Atleast Anelka has some pace about him.

5841[/snapback]

I'd be gutted if we got Viduka, I would prefer us go for Javier Saviola instead.

5856[/snapback]

who wouldn't

Why Viduka?

I'm really stumped on this one.

5841[/snapback]

indeed ... the more you think about it ... the less it seems to make any sense :D

let's just get this season over and done with :blush:

I'm warming to the idea. If (and it's a big if) he can stay fit, Viduka would be a much better option than Shearer (assuming we're signing Anelka too that is).

If we see Shearer and Viduka in the same team though, we're stuffed.

I'm warming to the idea. If (and it's a big if) he can stay fit, Viduka would be a much better option than Shearer (assuming we're signing Anelka too that is).

If we see Shearer and Viduka in the same team though, we're stuffed.

5876[/snapback]

Yup. Play them together and we're as fucked as a 17 year old Thai lady boy at a Catholic priests convention.

Visualising that makes me feel as sick as signing Viduka.

Don't see the problem with Viduka to be honest. Shearer, Anelka, Viduka & Ameobi is a far stronger pool of strikers than three-quarters of Premier League attacks. (I'd say Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool & Spurs are the only ones with better).

5904[/snapback]

Nice to see you're living up to your name. :D

Viduka would be a text-book Souness signing.

5867[/snapback]

Sure it was celtic he played for. :D

5871[/snapback]

I was thinking in terms of is naffness rather than his Glasweagen background

Inbound:

Triple play?

Press reports on Monday claimed that Newcastle had made significant progress on three separate incoming transfers, namely Nicolas Anelka (Fenerbahce), Marc Viduka (smoggies) and Luis Boa Morte (Fulham).

More on this as we get it.

Inbound:

Another freebie

However, before any or all of those arrive in toon, the next Newcastle signing is set to be a familiar face and another non-contract deal - that of Lee Clark.

The former toon midfielder has been training with us in recent days and we understand he's set to put pen to paper on a deal.

5836[/snapback]

I think it is still a bit vague. They are just picking up the rumours from the press. When they feel that there is more substance in it they make it much clearer. Therefore only the Lee Clark bit seems to be a close information.

As for the players mentioned. I could live with Boa Morte and maybe even with Anelka, but I don't find any of those players convincing.

Viduka's so fat, when he goes to the Zoo, the elephants throw him peanuts.

:D

5926[/snapback]

Black and white vertical stripes are very slimming though, so nee probs about him being such a fat jabber!

5926[/snapback]

Black and white vertical stripes are very slimming though, so nee probs about him being such a fat jabber!

5930[/snapback]

© Patrick Kluivert

5926[/snapback]

5930[/snapback]

I'm waiting for Blaydon to say he was back home for a family wedding when he happened to bump into a very slim looking Mark Viduka on a beach, again.

Viduka on the contrary to reports is meant to be a decent bloke and a good laugh, always encourages and works with the kids... as one of me mates plays with him for the Smogs and said he's a top bloke... it's Eddie Murphy who's the prick

The thing that gets me is people who slag off Viduka yet would happily see Smith here. If Smith's scoring record was anywhere near as good as Viduka's then Leeds might still be in the Premiership today.

5936[/snapback]

Some people would no doubt fit into that category, I'd rather have neither to be honest.