From .COM

Craig

Why Viduka?

I'm really stumped on this one. Decent finisher but sulky and (if rumours are to be belived) lazy.

Atleast Anelka has some pace about him.

5841[/snapback]

Rumours are true Hoggy, heard it first hand from one of the Boro physios. Although as Jonny2J says he is supposed to be good with encouraging the young lads. But we're after a goal-hungry finisher, not a youth coach at the end of the day.

Why Viduka?

I'm really stumped on this one. Decent finisher but sulky and (if rumours are to be belived) lazy.

Atleast Anelka has some pace about him.

5841[/snapback]

Rumours are true Hoggy, heard it first hand from one of the Boro physios. Although as Jonny2J says he is supposed to be good with encouraging the young lads. But we're after a goal-hungry finisher, not a youth coach at the end of the day.

5970[/snapback]

Aye, remembered that one. Just couldn't remember who said it.

I think it gets funnier and funnier...

- we replace Bellamy with a sulking French striker who fell out with his former employer after wanting to move and allegedly faked injury.

- we replace an obese striker from Holland with a pot whale from Australia

- we replace an honest pro in Hughes with an Australian Alcoholic

- we replace an French left back who isn't commited until he gets a big new contract, with an lazy Nigerian who gets a big contract, but isn't committed

Edited by Isegrim

I don't have a problem with Viduka's ability and he will get more goals per game than what we currently have if he's in the mood.

The problem seems to be he's injury prone (so would fit in well!) and he tends to dissappear for parts of the season.

But christ we need strikers and if we can shift the waste of space that is but and get a striker i'm all for it, though i want it to be in addition to Anelka and Boa Morte!

I think it gets funnier and funnier...

- we replace Bellamy with a sulking French striker who fell out with his former employer after wanting to move and allegedly faked injury.

- we replace an obese striker from Holland with a pot whale from Australia

- we replace an honest pro in Hughes with an Australian Alcoholic

- we replace an French left back who isn't commited until he gets a big new contract, with an lazy Nigerian who gets a big contract, but isn't committed

5989[/snapback]

ahem 2nd post down...

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=279

I don't have a problem with Viduka's ability and he will get more goals per game than what we currently have if he's in the mood.

The problem seems to be he's injury prone (so would fit in well!) and he tends to dissappear for parts of the season.

But christ we need strikers and if we can shift the waste of space that is but and get a striker i'm all for it, though i want it to be in addition to Anelka and Boa Morte!

6186[/snapback]

A recurring hamstring problem kept plaguing him, leaving him on the sidelines for long stretches of last season. He made only 21 appearances and scored 7 goals.

Agreed, should fit in well.