The Official Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United FC Match Thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We havent scored at Anfield since Kluivert. Enrique will have Obertan in his back pocket. We might have to rely on Demba again. Or a Raylor freekick to notch. I can see Carroll scoring though. Willo needs to be on his game in the air. Good news about Suarez being out.

1-0 to Liverpool. Unfortunately. We never do well on this ground.

Games like this and Manchester United are why picking up those three points at Bolton after losing points in winnable games before it - are so important.

Liverpool really aren't that good a team and regularly look lost, they have some decent players but nothing spectacular.

Sadly Anfield is Anfield for us...

Got a feeling we'll win it. I don't think there is a club out that I'd rather we beat (I'm not a Geordie so I'm reluctant to say Sunderland).

I am of the impression even some of the geordies would rather win this one. Says alot about how despised liverpool are `round these parts.

Got a feeling we'll win it. I don't think there is a club out that I'd rather we beat (I'm not a Geordie so I'm reluctant to say Sunderland).

I am of the impression even some of the geordies would rather win this one. Says alot about how despised liverpool are `round these parts.

Muppet.

Edited by ChezGiven

If Suarez is out we can totally get something. Is he definitely out then, or are they going to appeal the fact that he's a cunt again?

they cant, its not an appealable ban (as far as I know)

Suarez isn't all hes cracked up to be anyway imo, good player but hes no where near the goal threat hes made out to be his finishings gash, 4 PL goals from Jan last season with another 5 this season (9 total)

Not the biggest goalscorer, but what ive seen from Liverpool he does look extremely creative, and has hit the bar about 12 times afaik. Next to a prolific striker like Ba he could form a deadly partnership. Basically whenever ive seen them (not that often) he has looked their only real threat.

Edited by nortoon

Not the biggest goalscorer, but what ive seen from Liverpool he does look extremely creative, and has hit the bar about 12 times afaik. Next to a prolific striker like Ba he could form a deadly partnership. Basically whenever ive seen them (not that often) he has looked their only real threat.

aye thats true but he doesnt play alongside someone like Ba, he plays alongside Carroll or Stewart Downing

hes their main focus as a goal threat and hes not that great at scoring

the rest of the teams not much cop either, defence is for the most part crap, apart from Jose and Reina

midfields about as over rated as they come since it contains Adam, Henderson and Downing, Gerrards basically a walking injury and hes still the best theyve got by a long way.

we can beat these

And despite the disillusioned ramblings going on in this thread about them not being that good, they will absolutely dominate us possession-wise and we will park the bus in a Wiganesque manner thanks to our brilliant manager who some people here would give a proper rimjob no questions asked.

Is that due to the fact that they have better players or because Pardew makes Neville Chamberlain look like Mel Gibson in Braveheart when it comes to away tactics vs. the top teams?

You tell me.