The Official Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United FC Match Thread

Monroe Transfer

you keep talking about having possession dominated against us, I am now sat here looking at a list of the possession stats of all our PL games this season.

so before I get started would you care to elaborate on the games we've been "dominated" in?

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont have quality wingers able to distribute balls, hence either side is toothless. Cabaye is often ordered/decides to lay deep, hence there is no link-up.

That my friend is why we dont have a dominant midfield and it needs adressing. Either by bringing in better wingers, or by telling cabaye to play higher on the pitch. And by starting Ben arfa as another link-up point who can draw our wingers in closer to the box and position.

Its about the big picture in the games, not just statistics. Looking at that same piece of paper you would also see that Downing is the one creating the most chances in the premier league. Would you rate him as one of the best wingers then?

Statistics can be geared to show anything depending on how you frame it, look at liverpools statistics-based summer transfers. Applying that American fotball statistics analysis tactic worked out well :lol:

We have not played well this fall and our current league position does not reflect that. Which is what Ant is saying and I fully agree.

Also:

you keep talking about having possession dominated against us, I am now sat here looking at a list of the possession stats of all our PL games this season.

so before I get started would you care to elaborate on the games we've been "dominated" in?

No, Im saying Liverpool plays dominant fotball and Im sure they will do it vs us as well. How you spin that to me saying we have been dominated all season - well thats for you to answer.

Got a feeling we'll win it. I don't think there is a club out that I'd rather we beat (I'm not a Geordie so I'm reluctant to say Sunderland).

I am of the impression even some of the geordies would rather win this one. Says alot about how despised liverpool are `round these parts.

I can't stand this fucking team. Worst fucking team in the world. Bunch of whinging, arrogant high-pitched thugs.

Fucking hate them.

And I live in Oz.

just read on the net suarez is banned for our game against liverpool he did some fresh thing so hes banned for that game. so this will be dalglishes excuse to put carroll on eh i can see boos coming in this match

Do you have a link to those stats? Keen to see them. I think, with the exception of Obertan, we have a midfield that can keep possession well. Especially when playing in front of Colo, and I think Santon will only help on that front.

Do you have a link to those stats? Keen to see them. I think, with the exception of Obertan, we have a midfield that can keep possession well. Especially when playing in front of Colo, and I think Santon will only help on that front.

I don't I'm afraid, used our match reports on the beeb site and jotted them down, will say the only match we got dominated in possession wise was man city though which is pretty much to be expected, the rest were largely between 45 and 55 which is obviously pretty even and then there was one with us getting a good figure against someone...can't remember who though off they top of my head.

Whats this new 'we have weak wingers (plural)' thing? Jonas is one of our best players. Consistantly wins free kicks and rarely gives the ball away so how he can be contributing to us 'being dominated in the midfield' is beyond me.

Jordan Henderson to be subbed after 65 minutes after being reduced to tears when Ben Arfa keeps skinning him.

Dalglish defends him afterwards by saying everyone cries when they get beaten in Sunderland.

Paul Wilson of The Guardian and what he wants in 2012.

"I suppose Liverpool growing up and ditching the persecution complex would be too much to hope for. It was a bit rich to accuse the Football Association of prejudging the Luis Suárez investigation when the club have been unable to keep quiet on the matter from the outset. Bill Shankly used to be a one‑man public relations industry on behalf of Liverpool FC, before the term had been properly recognised. The present crass campaign lacks his magic touch."

Spot on.

Paul Wilson of The Guardian and what he wants in 2012.

"I suppose Liverpool growing up and ditching the persecution complex would be too much to hope for. It was a bit rich to accuse the Football Association of prejudging the Luis Suárez investigation when the club have been unable to keep quiet on the matter from the outset. Bill Shankly used to be a one‑man public relations industry on behalf of Liverpool FC, before the term had been properly recognised. The present crass campaign lacks his magic touch."

Spot on.

Oh, but they're "Champyuns of Urop"!

-----------

Yes, I completely agree.

There's nothing that can be said about scousers and their supporters that hasn't been said before, scummiest club, scummy set up, scummy area, scummy people, even worse than Everton fans I think for definite. You could say all sorts but everybody in the country knows what they are.

The game itself, Liverpool are a definite bogey team for us, even at home they've won here about 5 times in the Premiership era, but we can go there on Friday and win. They're nothing like the bigger clubs on the pitch, I mean you have to look at their players not more than 5 would replace our best eleven presently, that's my view and I'm sure am not alone. We can go there and win without any doubt, but we need to play better than we did at Bolton, and at the same time I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw it would do, but I'm aiming for 4 points from the next two games.

There's nothing that can be said about scousers and their supporters that hasn't been said before, scummiest club, scummy set up, scummy area, scummy people, even worse than Everton fans I think for definite. You could say all sorts but everybody in the country knows what they are.

The game itself, Liverpool are a definite bogey team for us, even at home they've won here about 5 times in the Premiership era, but we can go there on Friday and win. They're nothing like the bigger clubs on the pitch, I mean you have to look at their players not more than 5 would replace our best eleven presently, that's my view and I'm sure am not alone. We can go there and win without any doubt, but we need to play better than we did at Bolton, and at the same time I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw it would do, but I'm aiming for 4 points from the next two games.

100% spot on.

They're giving the very top teams games (Chelsea, Man C, Man U) when they're expected to act the part as one of the traditional 'big boys' and straining every sinew, but they're incapable of it on a regular basis against the 'lesser' clubs because in actual fact they're not one of the top teams. Those are the games Man U pretty much never fail to win and that's what makes you a top side, not just showing up against Man C on your day at home as Liverpool have. We need to play our game as though we're setting up away from home against one of the standard battlers iyam, not get overawed because it's Liverpool because that'd be paying them way too much respect and just playing into their hands. Don't give them any time or space and we'll see how many 'special' players they've got.

100% spot on.

They're giving the very top teams games (Chelsea, Man C, Man U) when they're expected to act the part as one of the traditional 'big boys' and straining every sinew, but they're incapable of it on a regular basis against the 'lesser' clubs because in actual fact they're not one of the top teams. Those are the games Man U pretty much never fail to win and that's what makes you a top side, not just showing up against Man C on your day at home as Liverpool have. We need to play our game as though we're setting up away from home against one of the standard battlers iyam, not get overawed because it's Liverpool because that'd be paying them way too much respect and just playing into their hands. Don't give them any time or space and we'll see how many 'special' players they've got.

Ya spot on, go there like we're going to Villa or Everton, cos they're not that much better. Bellamy is probably going to be the man who will worry us most, their midfield, ours should be able to run the show on paper - Lucas, the mackem, fuck me they're both shit. People keep saying Lucas is developing in to some player, he remains shit ineffectual and a stop gap whenever I see him. I'll be very disappointed if we lose, it's not even an atmosphere you have to combat neither, they go behind and get edgy, very optimistic about our chances.

Was my first paragraph disagreeable like :)

We beat them 3-1 last season.

Never in the worrrrr-ld.

100% spot on.

Was my first paragraph disagreeable like :)

:lol: nah I was just keeping it on the game mate. Fwiw I find them repellent but I think they've actually become more of a joke this season if anything. Man U taking their league record away from them and then the whole Suarez thing (aftermath), I think people are just taking a step back and basically saying: 'are you even fucking serious anymore'?

Enrique will have a blinder, Carroll? Who knows? But Craig Bellamy.......Just have a feeling he'll come on and rip us to bits, Dirk 'I'm a footballer, really' Kuyt to have the ball land at his feet, unmarked and score, we'll get beat here tomorrow, they're not that good at all, but we'll get beat. SKY to cream themselves as they get the winner to seal it 5 mins from time and the Scousers/day-trippers-from- Wales/Ireland/Scandinavia and Cornwall have a little YNWA sing song at the end after 80 mins of abuse from the low allocation our utter cunt of an owner requested and the ex-Reds sitting in SKYs studio can drool over 'Liverpool Football Club'. (Never heard an ex-Player of theirs ever just call them 'Liverpool'.