The Official Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United FC Match Thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job MT you managed to scare aeris into deleting her account with your repetitive sexual invites ( "music").

Best poster on the board just F-offed. GOOD JOB THAT MAN.

By that I presume you mean she's the only person who shares your unmitigated contempt for Obertan and Pardew?

We were 1-1 when your sainted Ben Arfa came on, by the way. He was sought out by his teammates but lost the ball by poor passing or being nudged off the ball all too easily.

One might say he doesn't look physically ready for the Premier League?

Just in from the pub.

First half I thought we did ok, second half dire.

Vuckic shite, Jonas shite, Obertan shite and pretty much Tiote shite as well.

So annoyed at our midfield who only seem capable of receiving a pass and then passing it straight back to the player who delivered it.

Ben Arfa seemed shite when he arrived on the scene.

Always difficult judging a game when you've watched it in a pub.

Not sure how we move forward without replacing Obertan and Jonas.???

Liverpool were well up for this game, closing down high up the pitch(something we done very well earlier in the season). Don't know what the fuck Simpson was at for their second.

Think its time we faced upto the fact we are just just an average team, take out krul, Colo, cabaye, ba and maybe Tiote and the rest are all average players. Have thought Jonas has been crap all season, obertan needs no more explaining and our full backs all need replacing.

Anyway 7th going into the new year is a bit better than I would have predicted.

Thought that was tactically shocking. Vuckic was stuck between stations in his role and not intelligent or experienced enough to influence a tight first half. Their wing play was far better than ours and exploited our full back's deficincies. Ba was a lonely figure, showed why he often needs Best when we're in that set-up. Any sort of assistance pressuring would have actually improved our performance.

Cabaye was lucky not to walk despite Spearing's reckless lunge. Tiote was playing our centre halves into trouble with his short lay offs. Looks like he's playing for a move

Liverpool were well up for this game, closing down high up the pitch(something we done very well earlier in the season). Don't know what the fuck Simpson was at for their second.

Think its time we faced upto the fact we are just just an average team, take out krul, Colo, cabaye, ba and maybe Tiote and the rest are all average players. Have thought Jonas has been crap all season, obertan needs no more explaining and our full backs all need replacing.

Anyway 7th going into the new year is a bit better than I would have predicted.

He had a very poor game but that's simply not true. Very important in helping Ryan Taylor adjust and he was probably better than he's ever been for us in that unbeaten run.

Wingers should be attacking players, not covering inadequate full backs. Yes Jonas puts a lot if work in but most in his own half.

Tactics tonight were all wrong, as was said vuckic was lost playing that role and ba was isolated. Better playing either Shola or best alongside him, gave pool back 4 easiest game of the season

Agreed he really has been a big miss, although fwiw I think Williamson deserves credit for doing a fairly solid job the last couple of games, coming off the back of an injury.

There's just something about Taylor's attitude that seems to galvanise the team when our backs are against the wall.

We were jammy, on another day it could have been better for you. Hope your luck turns for the good against the Mancs.

Eh?

Are you trying to keep it polite and gain acceptance? You dicked us from start to finish, all the posession and all the chances. We were fortunate Carroll is gash.

And we had nowt on the bench that could do any better. No blaming Pardew.

Just outclassed, by the least classy club.

Fjord fuck's sake.

Spit my drink at that. :D

Taped it and just finished watching. I fucking hate these cunts, luckily when they started singing that horrible you never walk alone song I had the luxury of fast-forwarding. Thought the whole team except Coloccini, Ba and Santon played below par, and a few players were just god-awful. Their defense did well and our offense did nothing. As someone said we created far more against the Manchester teams and Chelsea. Obertan needs dropping, just put Ben Arfa on the wing already (or even Sammy). The "Obertan defends" argument is ridiculous aswell, he is a complete liability in defense. I expect Williamson to do better when hes not up against Carroll, who looked very good today. Enrique looked superb, might have something to do with him and Bellamy getting the freedom of the left wing for the entire game.

Edited by nortoon