The Official Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United FC Match Thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obertan has been shite yet again. He offers nothing going forward or defensively. Jonas has been equally ineffective going forward but at least he puts a shift in.

And has anyone actually ever seen this pace of squidwards? To me he just strolls along whatever the situation!

Harris has hardly been in the game but in the position he's playing it can be very difficult to make an impact, especially at such an age.

I think we need to make a change to occupy them further up the pitch otherwise it will be backs to the wall for the rest of the game and I can't see any chance of us holding out.

I mean, realistically we are at a ground that we always struggle at. I think most were expecting a loss before kick-off, so I don't see the harm in at least giving it a little bit of a go and stick Ben Arfa on to give us that little bit more in attack. I know it might mean we are one short in defending when Liverpool break, but sometimes you just have to take the risk. Ben Arfa is the sort of player who can make something out of nothing, and aside from a lucky goal we have contributed next to nothing as it stands.

Feed the Ba and he will score.

Edited by Nyff

I wouldn't mind bringing Santon on for Obertan and switching R.Taylor to the right wing.

Worried about him already being on a yellow against Downing (who looks up for it) and I think early crosses would bring more from Ba and Jonas.

I'd bring Ben Arfa on for Vuckic on the 60 minute mark (scores being the same)

I wouldn't mind bringing Santon on for Obertan and switching R.Taylor to the right wing.

Worried about him already being on a yellow against Downing (who looks up for it) and I think early crosses would bring more from Ba and Jonas.

I'd bring Ben Arfa on for Vuckic on the 60 minute mark (scores being the same)

it didnt read that on forehand :P

Edited by Aeris

Santon on. For Raylor I assume? Good move - can hopefully free up Jonas going forward.

Bad move considering it leaves Obertan on the field...Santon should've come on for Obertan. Not happy with Pardew, not happy with Pardew...

Vuckic has been pretty terrible so far. Fair play to him taking it in the jaw/neck but he's not playing a position. Either he totally lacks discipline and keeps floating about the pitch or Pardew's told him to play that way. Either way it's not working and Ba has been completely left alone up front.

We all know what the solution to this problem is.