New Year's Eve

Monkeys Fist

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all my years, NYE always ended up the biggest anti-climax of the year. Over priced clubs, over priced beer and wankers that don't normally go clubbing or whatever on the lash.

No, I'll be at home likely going through a bottle of wine and munching cheese n crackers as I have for a few years now :lol:

Genuinely dont miss going out on NYE like ;)

Got talked into going to Edinburgh once for nye and it was just the shittest eve evah.

Going to a small gathering round a friends house. Certainly won't be a late one.

New Year's Day however I'm going to Circo Loco at Proud2 (used to be Matter) in London. Could get messy. :aye:

I am meant to be having the exact same, dinner and booze in Barnes on NYE and then just the lads off to Matter the next day to do these bennies from the dam whilst the women folk stay home and look after the children. Our lass won't buy that so who knows but my mate who is back from NZ reckons thats the plan and he intends to persuade the wives to let us all go. I might be allowed to pop along and have a shandy or two.

GSK used to manufacture inhalers of a particular type. Nice to see you're tipping your hat to the firms cultural past. ;)

Canny jealous of Monkey's meal, sounds lush.

I'm working but working for me means playing drums and having free drinks all night. Sorry, Fish.

Apology not accepted. :huff:

New years Day is the new New Years Eve anyway. Much better day around the pubs. Meet friends, bit grub and responsible pub crawl, usually with a mid afternoon quiz / singer thrown into the mix somewhere. Just a shame the mackems are playing.

I agree that New Years day is far better, last few years its been NYD afternoon on the drink and calming down with the drink, taking my time and switching to bottles, and then a disco in the club I get in, plenty of females/dancing and usually a party somewhere afterwards and no New Years Eve Knackers or auld lang sine shite. Of course I've now put the mockers on it! I think last year on new years eve I got an Indian and watched 'Guns of Navarone' on the telly, then had a fucking great day and night on NYD instead. Result.

I'm working.

That's right; working... again.

I have contempt for you all.

Even I'M not working NYE this year, you loser ;)

Yeah, but you'll be looking after a small child, whereas I'm not allowed to, ever since... the incident.

Understandable..

He sleeps from 8pm til 8am so he'll hardly be spoiling our plans. I'm likely to be doing cheese/wine/crap telly just like JawD.

Going to, allegedly, the best curry house in town.

Hoping this flu has fucked off by then or I'll be on the Phal and all that entrails.

Chilli Pickle?

Aye, have you been?

I'm working.

That's right; working... again.

I have contempt for you all.

Even I'M not working NYE this year, you loser ;)

Yeah, but you'll be looking after a small child, whereas I'm not allowed to, ever since... the incident.

Understandable..

He sleeps from 8pm til 8am so he'll hardly be spoiling our plans. I'm likely to be doing cheese/wine/crap telly just like JawD.

Randomly I may be sacking off work to flee to the Isle of Wight for a piss up in a friends house... the only requisite is I wear a onesie...

Regardless of the shuddering "wackiness" I may feel a migraine coming on

If you find yourself frozen solid in the kebab queue at 04.30 - call me if you fancy a right northern shag. I have a shearer jersey in the roof, can it get any better.

true romance, baby :) northern r©ock :P

Edited by Aeris

I'm off out, last year I stayed in and drank over a liter of vodka to myself and ended up spewing in my girlfriends bath so badly she had to get a plumber to sort it out. I love NYE, prefer it to Christmas by far, especially because of the lack of Christian/Greedy connotations, plus i'm off to the Grimsby v Lincoln game in the day, love New Years Day football due to all the hangovers :lol:

I'm off out, last year I stayed in and drank over a liter of vodka to myself and ended up spewing in my girlfriends bath so badly she had to get a plumber to sort it out. I love NYE, prefer it to Christmas by far, especially because of the lack of Christian/Greedy connotations, plus i'm off to the Grimsby v Lincoln game in the day, love New Years Day football due to all the hangovers :lol:

i aspire to be like you

i aspire to be like you

Why thank you Kevin, get around 100 ucas points, grow an absolutely abysmal haircut and go to a football match in England and you'll be well on your way.