I introduce myself

racing_argentina

There's a mackem on RTG who claims to have seen every single Freiburg game in the last 3 seasons and, according to this lad, Cisse misses loads of chances. Nice to hear from someone else with a different opinion.

Welcome to TT Dembgoals.

Misses a load of chances, 33 goals in 51 games, he must get loads of opportunities then that's all I can say. What idiots like Glenn Hoddle don't understand is people like Andy Cole, aye they miss chances, but they get far more chances than ordinary strikers due to their exceptional movement.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guyz, if you want during the ACN, i will post links where you can see Senegal's games. So you can strart to make your own opinion. First game is for Saturday at 22h GMT

I think the matches are being shown on ITV4 over here, not sure like!

I doubt Freiburg create that many chances if they're near bottom of their league.

Cole did miss loads though tbf Stevie, Cantona used to absolutely slate him for it. Thought he was pish. Easy to make chances for yourself in that side too (and with Beardsley).

Cole's movement was fantastic though. Pedro himself said he was the best player he played with (as a strike partner) for that reason. Best player he played with more generally was John Barnes fwiw.

I doubt Freiburg create that many chances if they're near bottom of their league.

Cole did miss loads though tbf Stevie, Cantona used to absolutely slate him for it. Thought he was pish. Easy to make chances for yourself in that side too (and with Beardsley).

He lost a bit at Man Utd when he was expected to be more of an all round team player which involved holding it up a lot more, and he didn't really hit the toon heights again till he was with Dwight Yorke. His movement for us was the best I've ever seen though. I remember his debut for them against Blackburn, he was clean through after 30 seconds, and he fucked it up, I thought then he was destined to not be as good for them, but still 4 Premier League medal 2 FA Cups and a Champions League hardly point to the fact he was a disaster.

Cole's movement was fantastic though. Pedro himself said he was the best player he played with (as a strike partner) for that reason. Best player he played with more generally was John Barnes fwiw.

That's fair enough and on that point I'd say his opinion was probably worth more than Cantona's given the type of game Beardsley played. Ball played in from behind him with a burst of pace he probably was nothing short of superb in terms of threading a pass for him. Cantona's opinion was more based on how many he had to miss before he eventually scored.

He lost a bit at Man Utd when he was expected to be more of an all round team player which involved holding it up a lot more, and he didn't really hit the toon heights again till he was with Dwight Yorke. His movement for us was the best I've ever seen though. I remember his debut for them against Blackburn, he was clean through after 30 seconds, and he fucked it up, I thought then he was destined to not be as good for them, but still 4 Premier League medal 2 FA Cups and a Champions League hardly point to the fact he was a disaster.

Nah he wasn't a disaster by any means and his Prem goal tally alone is strong evidence to say I'm talking shite on the other hand, I have to acknowledge that or I'd be deluded. I think they've seen better since though-the all round game is massively important when you play at the level they do and probably one of the reasons Cantona didnt rate him that highly.

Nah he wasn't a disaster by any means and his Prem goal tally alone is strong evidence to say I'm talking shite on the other hand, I have to acknowledge that or I'd be deluded. I think they've seen better since though-the all round game is massively important when you play at the level they do and probably one of the reasons Cantona didnt rate him that highly.

Ah aye they've definitely seen better. I think Cantona was great but he was great in a league that was tactically and technically inferior to what it is today. I mean imagine him looking in the eyes of Justin Edinburgh and Jason Kundy, as opposed to Assou Ekoto and Ledley King for example. He was a great player though, Cole and Yorke were, Rooney is, but for me none of them come close to van Nistelrooy, one of the best strikers there's been in my life time. There must've been a major issue for Fergie to dump him.

There's a mackem on RTG who claims to have seen every single Freiburg game in the last 3 seasons and, according to this lad, Cisse misses loads of chances. Nice to hear from someone else with a different opinion.

Welcome to TT Dembgoals.

ESPN stats keep a record of how many shots a player has, I presume it's accurate.

http://soccernet.esp...a-cisse?cc=5739

62 games

37 goals

183 shots

79 of them on target

Still doesn't tell the whole story but gives a reasonably good guide.

Edited by Baggio

Compared to Ba over a similar period of time (only 12 games in 09/10 due to injury so used it all compared to Cisse's second half of the season)

54 games

33 goals

202 shots

85 of them on target

Edited by Baggio

That's fair enough and on that point I'd say his opinion was probably worth more than Cantona's given the type of game Beardsley played. Ball played in from behind him with a burst of pace he probably was nothing short of superb in terms of threading a pass for him. Cantona's opinion was more based on how many he had to miss before he eventually scored.

And basically why a succession of England managers didn't rate him highly enough to start him.

Being precious about it should be a bannable offence. The bloke's from Senegal ffs, how is he to know.

DembGoals, just to explain - people get their knickers in a twist when people refer to Manchester United as "United", because there are loads of clubs that are Uniteds. It's the British media's fault, so don't worry about it. But if you do it on here, people WILL shit the bed/get sarcastic.

Hello lads, I'm new here as well.. :b

Im one of the few Newcastle fans in Denmark (most people support ManUre or liverpool over here :s) and a big fan of English football in general...

Im interested in NUFC because I have a few friends living in Newcastle.. I've never seen a game at St James, because the times I've been visiting my friends it has either been during the summer break or Newcastle have played away... :(

Beside NUFC then I support my local side, Odense, from the best danish league. We have had a really bad season so far and are 8th (of 12) after having finished 2nd after Copenhagen the last 3 years... But if we get a few new players this January we should be able to reach the europe spots...

Just realised that Frieburg is one of the places we stopped at on our European tour the year before last. :) Dont remember seeing Cisse though.

Beautiful place mind. Even has a C & A.

:spit: All right Hyacinth?

Hello lads, I'm new here as well.. :b

Im one of the few Newcastle fans in Denmark (most people support ManUre or liverpool over here :s) and a big fan of English football in general...

Im interested in NUFC because I have a few friends living in Newcastle.. I've never seen a game at St James, because the times I've been visiting my friends it has either been during the summer break or Newcastle have played away...

Beside NUFC then I support my local side, Odense, from the best danish league. We have had a really bad season so far and are 8th (of 12) after having finished 2nd after Copenhagen the last 3 years... But if we get a few new players this January we should be able to reach the europe spots...

Welcome to the board! Good to pick up a few new members.