January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

No, it's not a fine line. It's pretty much not subjective :lol:

We had Cabaye playing when Colo didn't and look how well that turned out.

Krul has already made a big difference to our points tally so far, that is why he is my No 1.

Cabaye, imo, is going to be a fantastic player. I compared him to Rob Lee a while ago and when everything is sorted on the pitch and he has more experience of the prem, I think he will be one of the best players in the prem.

Coloccini is simply fantastic, period.

Tiote is excellent but imo the least missed out of these four.

We have Gurthrie and Abeid who could cover for Tiote, imo the other positions are not as easily covered.

Mentioning Harper for Krul doesnt help your argument.

I still think its subjective as different fans will have a different view, as you demonstrate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colo is probably more important to us than Tiote. Everything starts with a tight defense.

Krul is excellent, but harper is not a bad keeper either..

For me its :

1. Colo

2. Krul

3. Tiote

4. Cabaye

in terms of who I would rather keep. Devils dilemma though, its like choosing which of your kids you would rather lose :lol: ( cabaye being the red-headed stepchild of the 4)

Colo is probably more important to us than Tiote. Everything starts with a tight defense.

Krul is excellent, but harper is not a bad keeper either..

For me its :

1. Colo

2. Krul

3. Tiote

4. Cabaye

in terms of who I would rather keep. Devils dilemma though, its like choosing which of your kids you would rather lose :lol: ( cabaye being the red-headed stepchild of the 4)

You're spot on.

So CT's reasoning is that Cabaye could be good/Rob Lee. Alan Smith could be good in the future for all we know.

Colo, Tiote and Krul were all here last season and it's clear we are a better side this year. The main difference between last season and this is the addition of Cabaye to the midfield and Ba up front. Our midfield has balance and a bit of flair to go with the bite that Tiote provides, all our best performances this season have had Cabaye and Tiote or at least Cabaye. CT is therefore perfectly entitled to his opinion, I would probably out Colo at the top of the list but strong and coherent arguments point to Cabaye allowing us to develop our style and effectiveness this season. The bare facts are the new additions to the first team have led to improved or equal results in all but one or two games. Chelsea being the only clear exception to that.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if any of the following 1st ten go.

Krul

Simpson Colo Taylor Santon

Tiote

******* Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Wouldn't be shocked to see Forster, Best, Guthrie, Gosling and/or Vuckic go but I'd be disappointed

Would be happy to see Smith, Perch and Lovenkrands go but can't see anyone coming in for them.

That I'm focussing on outgoings is purely down to being completely in the dark as to which way the club will go with regards to incoming transfers. Taylor's injury may force us to abandon our plans for a striker and try and quickly replace a 1st teamer. Or it may be the case that this changes nothing for them, (those making transfer decisions) and they expect the team to "make do" without Steven Taylor for the rest of the season. :dunno:

Cabaye has been good, but he has also gone missing a bit in a few games where we lacked some presence that both colo and tiote seem to provide.

Coloccini seems to be able to grasp a game by the throat and lead us to victory, I think Cabaye has the potential to do this - still a bit early I guess.

How anyone can even debate who would be the biggest loss to us is completely beyond me. Colo is leading our defence and making Taylor look better than he's ever looked and even making Perch look half like a footballer. Over the last three seasons he's just got better and better and losing him from the team would turn what has been the strongest defence in my memory into just another weak defence that we've seen time and time again.

Yes those other three players are top quality and they will all be a miss when they go but Colo is the only one who would that would not only leave the gap of the player himself but also destroy his section of the team.

Nicky Maynard has been put up for sale.

I have a mate who's Bristol City daft and swears he's the real deal..

Inexpensive, pacey, goal scorer. Worth a look?

Sounds like a fat ashley kind of player.

How much?

I've watched Demba Cisse a few times this season. Top player, really is a complete package (technque wise & physical attributes) and he's been a workhorse in a poor team this season. Ba & Cisse, as a combination could've have lethal, and i feel we missed the boat here. Unlikely to be revived, as a potential transfer this window, as Freiburg are well within their right to command a 15m figure. When the right player comes along you have to be prepared to pay the going rate, and back the combined judgement of the scouting team & manager, even if that means bending to the demands of the sellers. Ashley's constant quest for 'perfect financial deals', with these take-it-or-leave-it 'under-the-odds' narrows the window of opportunity of signing top players, particularly if we're in the hunt before the big-boys are alerted. But going by Keegan's previous comments, as to how the regime operates, it's more convenient to simply feign ambition.

I've watched Demba Cisse a few times this season. Top player, really is a complete package (technque wise & physical attributes) and he's been a workhorse in a poor team this season. Ba & Cisse, as a combination could've have lethal, and i feel we missed the boat here. Unlikely to be revived, as a potential transfer this window, as Freiburg are well within their right to command a 15m figure. When the right player comes along you have to be prepared to pay the going rate, and back the combined judgement of the scouting team & manager, even if that means bending to the demands of the sellers. Ashley's constant quest for 'perfect financial deals', with these take-it-or-leave-it 'under-the-odds' narrows the window of opportunity of signing top players, particularly if we're in the hunt before the big-boys are alerted. But going by Keegan's previous comments, as to how the regime operates, it's more convenient to simply feign ambition.

Every transfer window is difficult for us because we dont want to pay the going rate. When you demand a 50% discount you will perhaps get 3 out of 50 players.

Load of drivel from pardew about other clubs having to get replacements etc. Thats not our problem. You give them an offer, if the offer is deemed satisfactory then the replacement is none of our concern.

It's not drivel. He's explaining (as if it needs to be said) why it's so hard to buy players in January.

Their replacement is of our concern and is our problem because if they can't find one then they probably won't want to sell.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Load of drivel from pardew about other clubs having to get replacements etc. Thats not our problem. You give them an offer, if the offer is deemed satisfactory then the replacement is none of our concern.

It's not drivel. He's explaining (as if it needs to be said) why it's so hard to buy players in January.

Their replacement is of our concern and is our problem because if they can't find one then they probably won't want to sell.

They will if the price is right. Which it wont be, because we are offering peanuts. When you do that, most club rest on their hind legs, and it gets hard. We dont want to hear how they "tried". Either you see a player in, or you dont. Doesnt need an explanation, especially not after 10 transfer windows in a row where we have ended up with a net profit.

To quote Yoda from star wars:

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Lyons president today: " we have signed Dobo to replace aly ( cissokho)"

Available for around 6.5 million pounds. On his way to either dortmund or us...

Come on Mr Ashley, open the wallet, but stand back until the moths vacate it..

This is not our concern at all, we need cover and that's what they are supposed to give us according to what THEY have said. If they are gonna keep breaking their own promises they better just shut their mouth about future transfers in the first place.

-Newcastle going to try to sign Jan Vertonghen (Ajax Amsterdam). 10£.

-Newcastle going to try to sign Aly CIssokho (O. Lyon) 6£

-Chelsea does not want Malouda would be a good option to loan(Obertan is Rubbish and Marveaux injuried...)

-Many players end the contract in 2012 and may be booked at 0 cost booked in June or in January for very little money:

- Ivan Klasnic and Gary Cahill( Bolton)

-Chori Castro (Mallorca) (Very similar as Jonas)

-Kalou and Malouda (Chelsea)- (Villas Boas want to loan Malouda NOW)

-Berbatov (M United)

-Arshavin, Rosicky (Arsenal)

-Muntari (Internazionale)

-Flamini (MIlán)

-Montolivo (Fiorentina)

etc..

If I were Ashley:

-Gary Cahill now! (Transfer)

-Maoluda now (loan)

-Montolivo, Muntari and Klasnic free

Muntari is dog shit.

Flamini could be a decent option though, especially as he can do a job at right back.

Also think Berbatov would be a class signing but probably out of of league/wage range.

Edited by Gejon