January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

Of course it is; a false insinuation is that you're mentally ill.

Reductio ad ridiculum is to say that because Gemmil mocks you, he advocates everybody bullying every older person.

If you can't see the difference perhaps the former statement isn't such a falsehood after all

and when I am proved to be correct ? Again ? What then ?

What does your post have to do with the post you quote? Mine was an explanation of arguing techniques, yours is a demand for.. well I don't know what, but it's got nothing to do with anything I've said in the post you quote.

Also, Leazes, why have you posted more about the rumours surrounding Krul, than you did about Cisse? It's like you'd be happy if Krul left if for no other reason than you'd feel it added weight to your position.

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT is high as a fucking kite.

I think its my own personal antidote to Leazes kicking in. Sort of like a positive adrenalin.

I keep seeing Alex's measured calm responses to LM and thinking why cant I do that when in reality Im sitting here raging at his constant depressive whining in every flipping thread.

I realise he has problems and all that but if someone like Alex can enjoy the here and now then anyone can.

Calm calm think happy thoughts la la la la la....

Fuck rumours tbf. Pointless reacting to something that could be bollocks. Potentially the best forward partnership we have had in a while. Need to wait and see ofc.

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Then we put someone else in between the sticks you miserable twat.

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

i like your optimism. the cynic in me is forcing me not to get too excited just yet. i'll be more likely to agree with that if we make it through till the end of the month without selling a key player. the manner in which we sold carroll is still fresh in the mind...

Then what ?

To be honest, the current rumours suggest he'll be leaving in summer ... and they're from The Guardian, which I know is Leazes' favourite paper.

Reductio ad ridiculum is to say that because Gemmil mocks you, he advocates everybody bullying every older person.

If you can't see the difference perhaps the former statement isn't such a falsehood after all

What does your post have to do with the post you quote? Mine was an explanation of arguing techniques, yours is a demand for.. well I don't know what, but it's got nothing to do with anything I've said in the post you quote.

Also, Leazes, why have you posted more about the rumours surrounding Krul, than you did about Cisse? It's like you'd be happy if Krul left if for no other reason than you'd feel it added weight to your position.

another ludicrous insinuation ie that I would pay 1350 for 3 years season tickets and hope we fail.

You're barking mad, and also not doing your job as policeman of the board very well.

i like your optimism. the cynic in me is forcing me not to get too excited just yet. i'll be more likely to agree with that if we make it through till the end of the month without selling a key player. the manner in which we sold carroll is still fresh in the mind...

stop moaning man, you had owners who kept our best players, and still fucking moaned about them.

Then what ?

Then we put someone else in between the sticks you miserable twat.

like you ? Are you cheap ?

I think its my own personal antidote to Leazes kicking in. Sort of like a positive adrenalin.

I keep seeing Alex's measured calm responses to LM and thinking why cant I do that when in reality Im sitting here raging at his constant depressive whining in every flipping thread.

I realise he has problems and all that but if someone like Alex can enjoy the here and now then anyone can.

the only problem I have, is wondering where this 27m quid has gone ^_^

another ludicrous insinuation ie that I would pay 1350 for 3 years season tickets and hope we fail.

You're barking mad, and also not doing your job as policeman of the board very well.

:lol: Where have I said that? Quote it, now. Or, stop making stuff up.

the only problem I have, is wondering where this 27m quid has gone ^_^

Why does that matter when we are replacing the sold players with better ones? There is no need to pay over the odds just because other reams are doing it

stop moaning man, you had owners who kept our best players, and still fucking moaned about them.

Aye, because we kept a great hold of Speed, Bellamy, Solano etc when we were sliding down the table didn't we? Installed a manager to spend £50million to make the squad worse too.

Why do we need to spend £30+million received for Carroll when we've signed a highly-rated player for less than a third of that?

Football's changed - our owner is far from perfect but at the moment we're competitive without spunking stupid money on players. Liverpoo's front two cost over £50million and they're below us in the table! Why don't you fuck off and support them instead of moaning that we only spent £8-10million on Cisse!

Aye, because we kept a great hold of Speed, Bellamy, Solano etc when we were sliding down the table didn't we? Installed a manager to spend £50million to make the squad worse too.

Why do we need to spend £30+million received for Carroll when we've signed a highly-rated player for less than a third of that?

Football's changed - our owner is far from perfect but at the moment we're competitive without spunking stupid money on players. Liverpoo's front two cost over £50million and they're below us in the table! Why don't you fuck off and support them instead of moaning that we only spent £8-10million on Cisse!

Ooooooooooooooof! :lol:

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

like everything else mate, so long as the manager is doing well with his resources, it covers the strategy, but only to a certain degree. The reality is that operating a sell and replace policy will never, ever bring the success a big club ought to achieve, whereas a retain, build, back the manager and improve policy is the one that has been proven to bring success ever since competitive football began.

Mike Ashley will not make the final gamble, ever, he will always fall short, because he is only out for a profit and to run a premiership football club alongside his sporting empire, he will sell a player to make an operational profit rather than gamble on the big money to be gained in europe. This 27m quid remaining from the Carroll sale is just the start, buying a cheaper replacement, however good, is no excuse for not using the rest to attempt to move on further, it will not happen.

Edited by LeazesMag

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

Leazesmag, do us all a favour and give it a rest you utter fruitcake. No one here is Interested. Really. Go and annoy another board will you? We're all excited about our new signing here. Stop dragging us all down with you boring and irrelevant patter you freak.

exactly. C'mon the Toon. Onwards and upwards hopefully

Then what ?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Edited by donaldstott

Bit harsh like.

Was meant as a compliment.

You have hated Ashley with a passion to a degree where you have felt you needed to give your season ticket up, yet that doesn't blind you to some of the good that's going on.

Leazesmag, do us all a favour and give it a rest you utter fruitcake. No one here is Interested. Really. Go and annoy another board will you? We're all excited about our new signing here. Stop dragging us all down with you boring and irrelevant patter you freak.

Exactly. Can you imagine coming on here the day after we win the FA Cup only to listen to him trying to downgrade the achievement.