January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swansea director John van Zweden has revealed that four Premier League clubs, including Manchester United and Chelsea, have made enquiries for Michel Vorm.

The Dutch international goalkeeper has emerged as a real star this season and has been one of the best shot-stoppers in England.

Vorm's performances have seen him linked to other clubs, and now van Zweden - who is a director and co-owner of the club - has confirmed that United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle have all made approaches.

"Clubs have enquired about Vorm," he told VI Radio.

"Manchester United have asked, in addition Chelsea and for that matter Newcastle United.Tottenham Hotspur have cautiously announced they are interested.

"It would be a nightmare for us if he left."

Swansea signed Vorm for just over £1million last summer from FC Utrecht and the Dutch club admit they would be happy to see him move on as they have a sell-on clause.

"I'm not mentioning sums, but it is more than training costs," Utrecht technical director Foeke Booy confirmed.

Worrying.

Wasnt sure where to post this but found it interesting. Part of a news story on an Arsenal fan site....

"The Board of Arsenal needs to take a leaf out of Newcastle’s book. Newcastle’s Board fully commit to purchases such as Cisse and are right behind Alan Pardew, providing satisfaction to their fans. Furthermore, every season Newcastle are accused of selling their best players yet every year they buy more talent to replace them and so continue to thrive in form. Our Board seems disjointed."

Wasnt sure where to post this but found it interesting. Part of a news story on an Arsenal fan site....

"The Board of Arsenal needs to take a leaf out of Newcastle’s book. Newcastle’s Board fully commit to purchases such as Cisse and are right behind Alan Pardew, providing satisfaction to their fans. Furthermore, every season Newcastle are accused of selling their best players yet every year they buy more talent to replace them and so continue to thrive in form. Our Board seems disjointed."

did a so-called NUFC supporter post that on Newcastle Online ?

If you don't like leazes use the fucking ignore function, your posts berating his are just as tiresome

QFT and that.

It's like a bunch of charvers have got a racist old tramp surrounded in old eldon square, poking him with sticks trying to inflame his ire and everyone's just walking past letting them get on with it. We might not agree with the entrenched views of the victim, but just leave him to his views and stop the goading. He can argue with the sky quite happily and it harms no-one.

That's bollocks imo. People have tried on numerous occasions to try and make him see sense, but he's incapable of it. The pleasant coaxing approach (Do you agree with this. "Yes" And do you agree with that. "of course, I'm not an idiot!" And do you see how putting this and that together gives you a logical conclusion of this. "Does it fuck, and I've been telling you for 4 years that it doesn't") has been done to death, and it gets you nowhere. Ignoring him isn't an option, cos he turns up and gets in people's faces with "omg", "if you really believe that, you're an idiot, i've been telling you for 4 years" etc etc. He's looking for a reaction as much as anyone else is.

The exchanges with him inevitably degenerate into pisstaking because it's all there is left to do. I think people putting him on ignore would offend him a lot more than the pisstaking does.

Aye, that's my take on it too fwiw (although HF's analogy was a piss funny mental image nonetheless). It'd be massively precious of him to take the hump at what's been written the last few days given the insults he rattles off (and he hasn't in fairness to him as he's relentless), so theres probs no need to get all precious about it on his behalf HF. When you've got someone talking absolute shite on a forum your options are fairly limited and having a laugh at them for it is within a perfectly valid range of responses. I opted for 'ignore' a while back when he was just being a racist dickhead but it's still amusing to see him being quoted, while not actually participating directly in his mad fantasy argument.

is that so ? Shame that you've been bickering with me for over 4 years, and the club is heading exactly down the road I told you it would. Fuck knows what you must think of someone who actually said a "4 year plan by anybody" or something similar, would do "better than Fred". Such as yourself and Gloomy for starters.

Edited by LeazesMag

Of course it is; a false insinuation is that you're mentally ill.

Reductio ad ridiculum is to say that because Gemmil mocks you, he advocates everybody bullying every older person.

If you can't see the difference perhaps the former statement isn't such a falsehood after all

and when I am proved to be correct ? Again ? What then ?

What does your post have to do with the post you quote? Mine was an explanation of arguing techniques, yours is a demand for.. well I don't know what, but it's got nothing to do with anything I've said in the post you quote.

Also, Leazes, why have you posted more about the rumours surrounding Krul, than you did about Cisse? It's like you'd be happy if Krul left if for no other reason than you'd feel it added weight to your position.

another ludicrous insinuation ie that I would pay 1350 for 3 years season tickets and hope we fail.

You're barking mad, and also not doing your job as policeman of the board very well.

:lol: Where have I said that? Quote it, now. Or, stop making stuff up.

sadly, someone else did, [not for the first time too, ironically by someone who appears to have never seen NUFC play in his life, or not much] I was pointing it out to you in your role as board policeman as you either failed to notice it, or are guilty of not performing what you said you would.

Leazesmag, do us all a favour and give it a rest you utter fruitcake. No one here is Interested. Really. Go and annoy another board will you? We're all excited about our new signing here. Stop dragging us all down with you boring and irrelevant patter you freak.

you and idiots like you annoyed me when we had a board which kept its best players, bought quailty players and played regularly in europe. Oh wait a moment, thats the very thing you are moaning on and saying you want now isn't it.

You utter, hypocritial fruitcake.

Are you ever going to give up this hypocrisy and stop your moaning on in every single post you make ?

Edited by LeazesMag

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Good points, well made but sadly wasted on Leazes

sadly, it appears that, like so many people, you and the post you quote are cherry picking the last year or so and totally ignoring the first 13 years of the previous regime as if they never happened. Even worse is that if your man ever matches even the last couple of years of his predecessors, you will be pissing your pants with excitement, in your armchair too, such is the lowering of expectations that you have encompassed and accepted.

The club has been transported back to the 70's and 80's in terms of expectations under Mike Ashley. If you witnessed this period, its easy enough to see, if you didn't then be told by someone who did.

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Good points, well made but sadly wasted on Leazes

sadly, it appears that, like so many people, you and the post you quote are cherry picking the last year or so and totally ignoring the first 13 years of the previous regime as if they never happened. Even worse is that if your man ever matches even the last couple of years of his predecessors, you will be pissing your pants with excitement, in your armchair too, such is the lowering of expectations that you have encompassed and accepted.

The club has been transported back to the70's and 80's in terms of expectations under Mike Ashley. If you witnessed this period, its easy enough to see, if you didn't then be told by someone who did.

Leazes, I know this has been said a million times before, but football has moved on, even since the days of SJH and FFS.

It is not possible to compete for the league and/or the champions league by out spending people like we used to. Look how much it took for Chelsea and Man City to compete at the top of the league. You're talking hundreds of millions of pounds. We simply don't make enough money as a club and we're not lucky enough to be backed by a sovereign state.

The only way we can compete is to follow the Arsenal model (as outlined above) and for my money that's the direction we are heading in.

All the buzz on Twitter and Google news says it's an 18 million bid from Arsenal.

I can't imagine that'd go through. If he was to leave, it'd be for PSG.

My belief is that we've got Demba until the end of the season and then he'll be gone to PSG.