January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

rightio we'll see how this goes then, i've changed it so any embedded quotes (ie i'm quoting your post who has quoted someone else) will be stripped out so only your post remains

people could still go out of there way to put quotes in themselves but i doubt it, and i can restrict that to less than 3 again if i need to

Excellent stuff. :good:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently (or alledgedly) Nicolai Boilesen is the subject of the AZ/Ajax "watch"

Never heard of him.

Interestingly same person says Carr's player dosiers/reports are weighted 50/50 between football appraisal and "off the field" player attitude/behaviour as a club directive.

You would think that would go without saying but with some of the pricks we've signed over the years it clearly hasn't always happened.

You would think that would go without saying but with some of the pricks we've signed over the years it clearly hasn't always happened.

This is massively important as far as I'm concerned and you're right, we've not paid it anywhere near the attention it's warranted in the past.

I've always believed it's a two way street mind and it's imperative the management of he club sets the standard. When you bring people in on £100's k per week it's an absolute disaster waiting to happen when your chairman/owner whatever is acting the twat. The player will just think the club is a joke and take the piss accordingly because that's what goes at the top. That's why I was gutted that when Ashley took over he was straight off acting the dick in the Bigg Market and then downing pints in the crowd-it just makes it look like a tin pot operation-just like when Shepherd actually explicitly told us the same in his brothel with his mate.

Now I think it's come full circle with Ashley, the austerity in and of itself means he's sobered up and there's no room for decadence anywhere throughout the club-and the work ethos has naturally come to the fore as a result. I don't think he's necessarily become any more visionary about the club, he's just become more serious about it's running (ie mainly meaning about it not being a massive gravy train) and to a degree where he squeezes the most out of margins in his standard businesses he's been similarly able to squeeze more out of his footballing staff (playing, coaching and scouting). It's just my theory and may well be 'wide of the mark' but I'm basically happy as long as I see the players showing respect for the shirt, because without that you're off on the wrong foot to start with before a ball's even been kicked.

Spot on, Ashley's change of attitude coincides with the anti-Ashley demos.

When he could no longer have a pint in the big market and treat it as a play thing, he realised that in order to get any value out of the club he'd have to start treating the club like a business and everything changed.

It wasn't the effect that the demos intended, but its not a bad result.

From the person who "broke" news on "Cisse day" before anyone else (albeit without a name, just knew a striker deal was happening on the day):

"we are looking to pick up a young centre half from the Championship, either on loan or to buy, with a major defensive summer signing being lined up.

Carr's watching AZ Alkmaar v Ajax on Sunday".

Not sure if a championship club would loan a player to us if he was highly rated, however rumours of lewis Dunk were going around earlier in the window.

About Boilesen

He is pretty good going forward, and is probably the best danish leftback currently around, had more or less made the leftback spot his on the national team, when he got injured in the start of the current season.

Don't think he'll be cheap though, as he look like he'll be first choice in Ajax, and i'm not sure he is ready for the PL yet!

In terms of attitude and off-field antics, I read an article some months ago, where he said he was a bit religious, though not in any fanatical way. Besides there have never been any "Bendtner" like stories, so I think he is a fairly levelheaded guy!

BTW... Don't think we'll buy him, too expensive for a relatively unproven player!

I disagree Dr Gloom. Leazes is perfectly entitled to his opinions, tedious or not, same as you and I are.

I've been on here and N-O since about 2006 and Leazes/NE5 has been consistent in his views throughout that time and has argued at nauseam with all comers. Unless you're new to TT or N-O, there can't be anything that you don't know about his views or his approach to argument. And yet time after time people will try to "win the argument" or pull him down. Which they basically won't be able to do, and it just perpetuates the whole thing.

So to me the choice is simple. If you're sick of his views, then don't engage in debate with him. Or PM the people who constantly troll him and ask them to stop doing it. I doubt there'll be much of a debate over Shepherd if no-one's arguing about it. I don't blame him for responding directly to people trying to call him on things, that's his prerogative imo. The truth is some people enjoy having an argument and Leazes is an obvious target.

Banning should be reserved for the truly offensive not somebody you disagree with or find annoying.

imo the main thing that needs to be sorted is the quote pyramids - quoting one or two posts is all that is necessary and I'd be in favour of limiting the qupote function for everyone.

+1

I will fistfight anyman who bans Ne5. /Verlaine

Spot on, Ashley's change of attitude coincides with the anti-Ashley demos.

they'll be back. When his luck runs out, and his manager leaves to a big club that backs him, such as Stoke etc.

Pardew says tying Coloccini down to a new five-and-a-half-year deal would be a huge statement of intent from the club.

The defender wants to sign a new deal and Newcastle are desperate to keep him, having offered him a basic pay bump.

However, there are slight discrepancies in the way the deal is structured, which seem to have contributed to the “cooling-off” period between both parties.

Pardew said: “The priority for me is Coloccini’s new contract and one or two others. We are focused on that because we want to keep our best players.

“He is our captain and I want to keep him – negotiations are due to restart shortly.”

I like these quote alot, getting Colo signed up on a good contract puts us in a great position and it's a good statement of intent that we do want to hold onto our best players (aye I know unless a mental bid comes in like the Carroll one).

Colo contract and defender target.

SMARTING Alan Pardew is hoping for a double defensive boost in the next days – by signing a Championship defender and taking a significant step forward in Fabricio Coloccini’s contract negotiations.

United have targeted a second-tier star and even though they will head to Tenerife for a mid-season sunshine break today, Pardew is braced to conduct more business at any time over the next seven days.

The Sunday Sun understands 25-year-old Watford defender Adrian Mariappa is a priority target – with United primed to pay £3million for him.

Pardew did not want to break up the Coloccini-Mike Williamson axis, but sees Mariappa as having the pace and strength to challenge the first team.

The Sunday Sun has also learned that Coloccini’s agent will jet over from Argentina in the next 10 days in a bid to seal a five-and-a-half year contract that will see him end his career at St James’ Park. Talks have been mothballed for months because both parties want to do business face-to-face.

And news that a meeting has been scheduled ties in with United sources claiming a contract WILL be signed before the end of this transfer window.

United will look to sign ANOTHER defender in the summer – with Douglas, Jan Vertonghen and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa all on their hit-list.

Mariappa is shite they might as well let one of the kids play, but aye lets sign a defender from the championship whose team isn't a kick in the arse from the bottom and who have conceded like 40 goals so far this campaign

:jesuswept:

Seen much of Watford have you?

I'd personally prefer a younger player, given the choice.

I'm prepared to give our scouting network the benefit of the doubt, assuming there's any truth in the story.

I wouldn't bother. It seems the case that nobody in the media has a fucking clue about whats going to happen until it has.

Which is good imo

Asked a Watford fan I know if he's better than Willo...

"Different player really, Mariappas shorter but quicker and got an incredible way of hanging high in the air when jumping, he's a lot better on the ball than Willo was too. I think he'll join Swansea if he leaves though..."