January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say no to a 1 month loan. He's better than what we have. We're too close to the big clubs for them to loan us players though and I wouldn't want him on a permanent basis.

Had a quick Google, and surprise surprise, the source for the above is the Daily Fail and my arch-nemesis - 'Sportsmail Reporter'.

Can we ban anyone who gives any credence whatsoever to that awful publication and their daily made up rumours? Nothing personal, henda.

Didnt the Mail break the Cissé story first?

The Watford fans seem to disagree with Ant and seem to rate him quite highly.

ah what do they know?

same as Swindon fans when they sold us Ben Tozer at the start of soopa Mikes "plan" ?

Had a quick Google, and surprise surprise, the source for the above is the Daily Fail and my arch-nemesis - 'Sportsmail Reporter'.

Can we ban anyone who gives any credence whatsoever to that awful publication and their daily made up rumours? Nothing personal, henda.

Didnt the Mail break the Cissé story first?

impossible. It's the mail man, only Louise Taylor's paper is worth reading... :icon_lol:

I have a feeling people are missing your point here teccers

Daily Mail have a great record on our transfer stories.

Proof?

There's a difference between their 'Sportsmail Reporter' articles (couple of lines, no quotes) and more legit-looking articles where they've not kept the journo's name anonymous.

I'm not basing my disdain for it purely on NUFC-related news, for what it's worth.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Not keen on signing backups when Williamson and Saylor should be the backups. I'm not really interested in decent defenders looking good when they're plonked next to Colo. I want a good defender who will look great playing alongside Colo.

Not keen on signing backups when Williamson and Saylor should be the backups. I'm not really interested in decent defenders looking good when they're plonked next to Colo. I want a good defender who will look great playing alongside Colo.

Samba

By all accounts we'd get a back-up in now and then a higher profile defender in the summer, regardless of Colo's situation.

Daily Mail have a great record on our transfer stories.

Proof?

There's a difference between their 'Sportsmail Reporter' articles (couple of lines, no quotes) and more legit-looking articles where they've not kept the journo's name anonymous.

I'm not basing my disdain for it purely on NUFC-related news, for what it's worth.

I coudn't really be arsed trawling through, but I think they called Cabaye, Santon and one or two others when no other paper had even hinted at it.

The Watford fans seem to disagree with Ant and seem to rate him quite highly.

ah what do they know?

same as Swindon fans when they sold us Ben Tozer at the start of soopa Mikes "plan" ?

What did they say like?

Seems a little odd that we'd spend £2m-£3m on backup given how much (Cisse aside) we've been spending on first teamers in the last couple of years.

Personally I'd rather see us bring in someone younger who could possibly develop into a first choice player than someone who's only ever going to be backup.

That said I don't think we can risk another siutation where we're playing Simpson and Perch in the middle so I'm happy to see we're doing something about that.

Seems a little odd that we'd spend £2m-£3m on backup given how much (Cisse aside) we've been spending on first teamers in the last couple of years.

Personally I'd rather see us bring in someone younger who could possibly develop into a first choice player than someone who's only ever going to be backup.

That said I don't think we can risk another siutation where we're playing Simpson and Perch in the middle so I'm happy to see we're doing something about that.

If he's cheap enough, and it provides us with reasonable enough cover, then I really can't see a problem with it. Especially if he's quick, as we've struggled against fast strikers this season.

I think people automatically assume he's being bought as first choice, and are using it as a reason to moan for the sake of it.

The Watford fans seem to rate him, and they see him a lot more than the likes of we do.

If he's cheap enough, and it provides us with reasonable enough cover, then I really can't see a problem with it. Especially if he's quick, as we've struggled against fast strikers this season.

I think people automatically assume he's being bought as first choice, and are using it as a reason to moan for the sake of it.

The Watford fans seem to rate him, and they see him a lot more than the likes of we do.

I don't have much of a problem I just think it's odd that we're suddenly spending up to three million (a figure I've seen quoted) on a player who's only ever going to be seen as backup,

I have no idea on how good or otherwise the lad is and I'm only basing the him being only brought in as backup on what Pardew seems to be saying.

Also that seems to be a lot of money to spend on someone who we don't see as better than Williamson.