January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

half of them are too old anyway Malouda is 31 ffs

He is still fooking fast though.

Dreading the january games, god help us when Ba leaves for the ACN.

Who the fuck do we have up front? Best isnt even a good championship player, and Shola - well he could be Messi or Emile Heskey with a limp.

He said it in his 10am press conference - all over Twitter via Ryder and co.

I think we still might sign this Maiga and the failed medical was a trick to try and get the price down. Sounds a bit OTT but I wouldn't put it past our lot.

#nufc the news Toon fans were dreading , no striker purchase in January as confirmed by AP

10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

GeorgeCaulkin George Caulkin

Pardew: "don't think will be bringing in striker after collapse of Maiga, which we'd put a lot of work in to. Will go with what got." #NUFC

ip.gif Logged

Aye, stupidity as expected. Ignore the fact that Ba could get injured or that he is away in ACN. How to strip away momentum. Sure Ben Arfa will get his shout but we NEED two forwards. They obviously know that hence their pursuit of Maiga. I said somewhere else that my fear was that we would only go after one player and the need of a back up centre half would push in front of a forward.

Sold players for 50 million the last year and we can barely afford a defender. Makes you wonder where the club would have been with an owner in the tottenham mould. Top-5 surely...

It doesn't even need a huge amount of ambition, retaining key players and buying 3 or 4 players and we could take a run at Europe

It's not so much the failure to spend the Carroll money that gets me - I expected that - it's the fact that we've had since May to dump 3 shit strikers and get someone else in and now it's going to have been a full year with the useless fuckers.

I know context is everything but it's about time somebody said that its piss poor management from Pardew.

It's not so much the failure to spend the Carroll money that gets me - I expected that - it's the fact that we've had since May to dump 3 shit strikers and get someone else in and now it's going to have been a full year with the useless fuckers.

I know context is everything but it's about time somebody said that its piss poor management from Pardew.

This has been said before, but could it be a decoy? So they can work quietly to recruit someone who is wanted by bigger clubs. I fully expect no striker to come in, but it's just a thought. Ie, De Jong has been linked with other clubs in prem right? Liverpool or arsenal if I remember correctly.

Could well be a decoy. It is like Villas-Boas saying he isn't going to have £140 Mil to spend in January. Okay, he probably isn't going to have that much, but if he says nothing then anyone he goes for will ask for double the asking price. If Pardew says outright that we are desperate for a striker then any club we make an offer to will know that and up the price.

Of course I am probably wrong, and we will probably end up disappointed, but might as well hope...

To not bring in a striker this window (price being irrelevant; they could be a big fee, they could be on a free/loan) is basically just neglectful of the team's continued progress. Yes a defender has become massively important but it was at the start of the season anyway. It doesn't detract from our requirements up top in any scenario.

It's all bullshit verbals with our lot anyway in my book until the deadline has passed, can't even be arsed speculating in the meantime.

In other words the Maiga deal is off and we've got nowt else we're willing to pay an equivalent fee for because 'they' don't do that without a lot of homework. That shouldn't rule out a loan signing though as the argument put forward (increased January premiums) is irrelevant in that case. If we know Maiga isn't going to happen now (and for the last few weeks) then efforts should be being poured into finding who might be available on loan.

The incoming defender is hugely important but it's a completely different brief anyway. If we've got defender targets identified the Maiga fall out shouldn't affect any of the negotiations/prep there, you'd hope theyre already well down the road with it.

Lovenkrands at the very least needs to be got shut of now so his name can't keep being mentioned as striker back up.

Why say that the search is off? What's the point?

Why would they not even try (even for a loan/free)?

We needed another striker even when Carroll was at the club - we've got Ba now but we still need that second striker.

We can't rely on Ba even if we wanted to as he's away at the ACN.