Travel/Hostel advice

Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I've booked flights on Ryanair to go to Krakow on the 25th and back on the 28th. The flights cost £9.59 each way, but with the charges it works out at £57.09. I'm determined to stop the airport fucking with me, so I'm taking no luggage, I'll just wear all the clothes I'll be taking at once when I board the plane. If they deem your luggage too big to carry onboard, that's another £40 fee--I'm just a schmuck who wants to visit Auschwitz, not bankrupt myself in the process.

Now I just need to book a Hostel which is something I've not done before. Does anyone have experience of this? Any advice would be welcome. I've seen Hostel: Part 2 which is part of the documentary series of films, but beyond that I have no experience of Hostels.

Like I said, I'm going in 10 days, my mates just booked the hostel tonight £32 each for 4 nights, private room with our own bathroom for 5 of us

I'll text him now and try and get the name of it

Edited by Idioteque

+ I've done exactly the same as you, booked no bags, just going to wear what I can and take a gym bag

I've spoken to a few people and they do minibus tours to Auschwitz for fuck all + there is a train station right next to the airport that takes you to Krakow city centre and takes about 15 minutes

I've read that admission is free to Auschwitz and you can join English tours as an individual at selected times. I've no idea what to expect on the 27th in terms of crowds, I don't know whether to go on the 26th too in case it gets too busy. 25th I'll just have a gander round Krakow and I'm going to look into the Salt mine tours, see if I can get on one.

We're planning on going the salt mines, you go to any good bars Jan?

We went to quite a few, went in 2004 but by all accounts its changed and gotten more expensive (lots of stag do's) .

Oh and if you are in anyway claustrophobic you will hate the trip back up from the salt mine.

We stayed at the hotel Alexander and it was only a short walk from the main square.

England were playing Poland in the week we were there and imagine my suprise when I passed a comment about my surname being on a suitcase and David Beckham answered.

Got a bit of flexibility when it comes to shifts coming up and I want to try and get away for a bit of Winter Sun, any thoughts?

I was thinking one of the Greek Islands, or maybe Barcelona, trouble is I'm not sure what the weather would be like.

Muchos Gracias

Got a bit of flexibility when it comes to shifts coming up and I want to try and get away for a bit of Winter Sun, any thoughts?

I was thinking one of the Greek Islands, or maybe Barcelona, trouble is I'm not sure what the weather would be like.

Muchos Gracias

I think you have to go a bit further for sun at this time of year.

Morroco, Tunisia and the Canary Islands Fish. Canary Islands are actually very nice and about 20c at this time of year. Also there is a new island on the way up if you want a geological bonus item.

Morroco, Tunisia and the Canary Islands Fish. Canary Islands are actually very nice and about 20c at this time of year. Also there is a new island on the way up if you want a geological bonus item.

La Palma is on the back down though.

Fish's arrival might just set it off.

La Palma is on the back down though.

Fish's arrival might just set it off.

My, it's been a while since there was a good "The Fish is fat" joke.

Seems we're still waiting :cuppa:

Guess I'll scout some Canary Islands deals then