Newcastle United - Manchester United 3-0

Aeris

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the cards just don't fall your way. Rooney gets dropped against Blackburn, they have a few players out of position, nice easy game for Fergie to rest some players, result, 2-3. Man City beat Liverpool (football club) and back comes young Shrek full of hell ready to be a pain in the arse and pester the ref. Fergie ALWAYS treats a game at SJP with respect and drills their players that its a hostile place etc as he knows when our tails are up we can give them a game, so for that reason you never seem to get an 'off game' from them up here. I'm at work tonight, expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

P.s. On Obertan. Just wonder whether Carr would have recommended this lad if he spotted him playing in France? Buy from Man U? Buyer beware! A Pardew signing and so far, a waste of the little funds we have at our disposal from Mr Sports Direct.

Sometimes the cards just don't fall your way. Rooney gets dropped against Blackburn, they have a few players out of position, nice easy game for Fergie to rest some players, result, 2-3. Man City beat Liverpool (football club) and back comes young Shrek full of hell ready to be a pain in the arse and pester the ref. Fergie ALWAYS treats a game at SJP with respect and drills their players that its a hostile place etc as he knows when our tails are up we can give them a game, so for that reason you never seem to get an 'off game' from them up here. I'm at work tonight, expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

P.s. On Obertan. Just wonder whether Carr would have recommended this lad if he spotted him playing in France? Buy from Man U? Buyer beware! A Pardew signing and so far, a waste of the little funds we have at our disposal from Mr Sports Direct.

But with Obertan, I do believe its confidence. But could you imagine been a full-back and knackered around 70 mins and you then have to deal with Obertan subbed on? Could be a good impact bench player

But could you imagine been a full-back and knackered around 70 mins and you then have to deal with a brainless tit being subbed on?

FYP.

I can smell the hypothetical fear from here.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo Santon

Vuckic Tiote Cabaye

Jonas Ben Arfa

Ba

Is probably the best formation to go with to suit the best players we have available and so we dont get over ran by Man U. Hopefully it'll help stop the long ball we seem to be persisting with the past few games aswell and we'd be better able to keep the ball, especially with the midfield and forwards being more than capable technically.

Just call is Deano lads.

4-3-3

Was interesting to read what Ben Arfa has come out with today, about us playing direct which is hard for him because he likes to play a passing game. We started the season well because we didn't play direct (as we used to, ie hoof from back to front). I think we've struggled a little because we aren't getting the ball on the deck. Cabaye is an amazing craftsman in the middle of the park, spots passes a mile off. As soon as we stopped playing on the deck, we started to drop points imo.

Does anyone else think our style of play has shifted slightly from beginning of season?

I'd like to see us tonight attack from the deck. Start Ben Arfa behind Ba and play the ball on the deck. Use the wide men and get the full backs involved. Also get Cabaye in the middle linking up with Arfa with quick short passes. Ba doesn't need the hoof, he needs supply to feet. We've seen him turn a defender and score, so why change it?

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 tonight:

Krul

Simpson - Colo - Willo - Santon

Tiote - Cabaye - Raylor/Vuckic

Jonas - Ba - Ben Arfa

Obertan would be a good impact player from bench around 65-70 mins when legs are starting to go, and have him run at full backs.

I'd like to think we'd get something if tactics are right. If they're the same 4-2-2 with Best and Ba, I think 3-0 to Manure.

So, the opposite of this post