Newcastle United - Manchester United 3-0

Aeris

The people on Man Utd forums are saying that if we keep the team together and make 2 or 3 good signings we can achieve anything. Might be OTT slightly but we can certainly compete with Arsenal and Liverpool next season if this happens in my view.

I don't think that's too far fetched. Four for me to really compete with a fantastic first 11

Krul

New Taylor Coloccini Santon

New Tiote Cabaye New

Ba New

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people on Man Utd forums are saying that if we keep the team together and make 2 or 3 good signings we can achieve anything. Might be OTT slightly but we can certainly compete with Arsenal and Liverpool next season if this happens in my view.

I don't think that's too far fetched. Four for me to really compete with a fantastic first 11

Krul

New Tiote Cabaye New

M

Ba New

Id say ur right but id include a fit ben arfa in there. Maybe ive been watching the highlights of the everton game too much, but boy did he look class. Every time he touched the ball he would skin about 3 everton players. A performance that was down to pure ability.

Incredible performance. Tiote was absolutely brilliant, his best match in a black and white shirt including last season. That corner when he jostled with Rooney and the git fell over was fantastic. :D

Got a couple of easy homegames now. Hopefully we can push on aswell as progress in the cup. This team is very good when we dont have injuries. If we could get a few of the decent freebies in the summer we could really push on.

Krul

New Tiote Cabaye New

Ba New

Shame we don't still have Carroll. I reckon he'd be the perfect centre forward for Ba to play off. I reckon we're going to need a centre forward that can hold it up and that can also be more consistent and score more goals than the likes of Shola and Best to partner Ba. Pardew clearly doesn't see the Ben Arfa/Ba partnership as an option.

Ba had his worst game for ages against Liverpool tbf when he was up top on his own. He looked far more dangerous playing just behind Shola and making runs from deeper positions.

Jonas for me doesn't need to be replaced though mroe options on both flanks would be good. Agree though that we're only a handful of astute signings away from really competing with the top clubs. The only issue is Ashley will probably sell one of the above before he buys more.

Best atmosphere of the season so far and best team performance in a while. Not one player didn't look up for it or didn't put a shift in. Ba's performance was a joy to behold aswell, he was completely unplayable didn't give any Man U player a minutes rest.

BTW of course Pardew deserves some credit for us beating Man U, every club might aswell just sack their manager if all you need to do is put 11 players on the pitch and have your fingers crossed the players put in a performance, so stop being mongs and enjoy it and stop trying to look for somethingt o complain about when theres no reason too.

"These are very difficult economic times and the board have a responsibility to maximise all revenue streams for the benefit of the club."

Surprised they've yet to auction off the grass clippings tbh.

It's so easy to put games on DVD these days I can't say I'm surprised or bothered.

Some people enjoy watching the old matches and it's the first time we've beaten them in 10 years. :lol:

LETS GO NEWCASTLE !!!!!!

Good lad! Are there any other Newcastle fans in Argentina?

I think Argentinian fans are the best in the world for passion. I love that song River Plate sing. This one....

the same rhythm, but with RACING ! :) Edited by racing_argentina