FA Cup 3rd round: Newcastle Utd - Blackburn Rovers 2-1

Aeris

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

I'm hoping we absolutely hump these boring non-entities. If Obertan is kept as far away from the starting XI as possible, we should easily win.

Ive made two match threads and both were the two wins we had out of nine games, so maybe I'm a luckbringer.

We'll still have Tiote and Ba for this game and that's a huge security.

Discuss or whatever

No we dont.

We were promised to have them for the two first games in January, Man Utd and Blackburn.

"Ivory Coast and Senegal have both requested their players report on January 8, meaning Ba and Tiote will jet off for the tournament after the Magpies’ FA Cup clash with Blackburn."

Edited by Aeris

Ive made two match threads and both were the two wins we had out of nine games, so maybe I'm a luckbringer.

Discuss or whatever

No we dont.

We were promised to have them for the two first games in January, Man Utd and Blackburn.

"Ivory Coast and Senegal have both requested their players report on January 8, meaning Ba and Tiote will jet off for the tournament after the Magpies’ FA Cup clash with Blackburn."

No, we were HOPING to have them. But their respective countries have exercised their rights to bring the players into preparation camps before the competition.

Discuss or whatever

No we dont.

No, we were HOPING to have them. But their respective countries have exercised their rights to bring the players into preparation camps before the competition.

heeello! this is the blackburn thread, not the qpr thread, they leave 8th, I already know that, but they are still able to play 7th :PMT:

Edited by Aeris

Discuss or whatever

No we dont.

heeello! this is the blackburn thread, not the qpr thread, they leave 8th, I already know that, but they are still able to play 7th :PMT:

you aren't correct

hence the controversial headline "tiote: man united will be my last game" thing from this week

Boss Alan Pardew had been hoping to keep them in the North East until January 15 and the visit of QPR.

He admitted: “Their last games here I think will be on Saturday.

“It will be Blackburn and then that will be it.”

Boss Alan Pardew had been hoping to keep them in the North East until January 15 and the visit of QPR.

Your best post.

That's from last weekend.

http://www.chronicle...72703-30065315/

Pardew – who had initially tried to keep them until after the QPR game on January 15 – said today: "They’re two great players, and we’re going to lose them. Now other players are going to have to come to the fore. Demba and Cheick were brilliant tonight.

"They’ve gone off on the best note that they could have, as I don’t think they’re going to be available Saturday."

From last night.

Maybe I'm wrong...but I read Ba Tiote Airport 8th of January...that should be enough time to play the match, to take a shower, pack your stuff and leave. Hmmm, well, we'll just see what happens then.

Edited by Aeris

I'm going to have a bet on us to win the FA Cup, we are without any question the 7th best side in the country. I'm totally puzzled as to why the bookies think Everton and Villa are better than us, 40/1 cracking price. See this toon team, it's the first time I've felt that we have a chance to win every single game. Man Utd done 4-1 on agg this season, we were better than Chelsea imo, Arsenal have lost it, we'll beat the dippers at home and we weren't disgraced at Man City. We've got nee one to fear and a naa its an obvious thing to say if the draws kind we can go far.

Would these 2 really play a big part on saturday anyway? Cant see Blackburn coming with a full strenght team given their position.

Think Pardew will make a few changes for this, needs to try out a new front two partnership. Hope he keeps the back 4 the same tho, need game time together.

I really think we should make the FA Cup a priority for this season.

We have no chance of finishing in the top 4 and personally it means little to me whether we finish 7th or 15th. We are not going down this season so lets concentrate on progressing in the cup and trying to win our first domestic trophy for 56 years. The prospect of spending the next 30 years finishing mid table in the premier league with no chance of winning it isn't very exciting as far as I'm concerned - We need to start taking the cups more seriously or we will never win anything. You can't beat an awayday in the cup with thousands of travelling geordies - its what following football is all about

I cannot understand the logic of not starting with our strongest possible team and in my opinion anything less than the strongest team is disrespecting the Cup, the club and the fans.

If we dont take the cup 100% seriously this season then we never will

Edited by brummiemag1

Would these 2 really play a big part on saturday anyway? Cant see Blackburn coming with a full strenght team given their position.

Think Pardew will make a few changes for this, needs to try out a new front two partnership. Hope he keeps the back 4 the same tho, need game time together.

It's Blackburn not Scunthorpe. They beat Man Utd and got Yakubu.

It's Blackburn not Scunthorpe. They beat Man Utd and got Yakubu.

....and Blackburn are fighting for survival in the Premiership. Last thing they want are injuries to key players.

I'd like to see us make the FA cup a priority to, we could do well if we get a few good draws presuming we win on saturday.